Abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club

Callpane

Please delete if already posted.

From Daily Record this morning

"Celtic Boys' Club sex abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by sick paedophile Jim Torbett between 1986 and 1994.

A victim of Celtic Boys Club paedophile Jim Torbett claims he continued to be abused after he signed for the “big” club.

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by Torbett when he was in the under-14s squad. And the former player claims he was still in the pervert’s grip after he was taken on by Celtic FC.

Kenny appears in a team photo of young Hoops players in front of the main stand at Celtic Park in 1988.

He said that during his time as a youth player, Torbett was a regular presence at Parkhead. Kenny claimed he often turned up to conduct business or discuss recruits with Parkhead bosses.

He added: “I was playing with Celtic Boys Club until I was 16. Then, I was signed on S-forms by Billy McNeill in his office.

“I was still being abused after that, right up until I was 17.”

Kenny said: “That was a proud day being in that team group. But I was still being abused at that point.”

The photo appeared in a Celtic programme from 1988. Under the heading “Reserve Scene”, the team is referred to as “The Young Team”.

Kenny’s claims challenge Celtic’s position that they have no responsibility for the abuse meted out by Torbett."

That's horrific reading right there.

Truly despicable what these animals done to children that were following their dreams.

As a Dad of two Son's I just cannot imagine how any parent could sit in their terraces every week without feeling utter shame.

For their club to have committed these crimes and for their support to ignore it for nearly 40 years - they are all culpable in the cover up.

Shame on you Scotland.

It's not just Kenny's claims that dispute the assertion they were a separate entity.... it's the fucking facts that prove they were one and the same.

The facts are there in black and white in historical programmes, media images, newspaper reports, interviews, statements etc etc.

What's wrong is the complete reluctance of any reporter to come out with that fact.

CBC = CFC

Undeniable. Indisputable. Inseparable. Conjoined. Mutually beneficial. Corrupt to the core.

When I was in my teens a couple of local lads I knew were on 'S' Forms with celtic.
I distinctly remember asking one if he would consider signing for my local amateur team and him replying he wasn't allowed to as celtic wouldn't allow it.
Those boys considered themselves and were told they were celtic players and not signed for any separate entity!
If one of these signed schoolboy contracts could be uncovered, it would be dynamite for the compensation fight.

When I was in my teens a couple of local lads I knew were on 'S' Forms with celtic.
I distinctly remember asking one if he would consider signing for my local amateur team and him replying he wasn't allowed to as celtic wouldn't allow it.
Those boys considered themselves and were told they were celtic players and not signed for any separate entity!
If one of these signed schoolboy contracts could be uncovered, it would be dynamite for the compensation fight.
I wonder if the Patrick McGuire fella is aware of this,if not I'm sure he would be interested especially since it might help his case.

Tip of the iceberg,met Kenny a few times and he is very open and honest about the abuse,he was scathing of the club he supports and I was delighted for him when JT was sentenced in court for him..he was there with his son and the pain in his face was horrible.

Another life ruined by that animal JT,other scum fans would give him abuse in bookies and in other public places because he was going up against the club,he told me as it would darken the clubs image!!

WTF is wrong with these people and what a disgrace!

Truly despicable what these animals done to children that were following their dreams.

As a Dad of two Son's I just cannot imagine how any parent could sit in their terraces every week without feeling utter shame.

For their club to have committed these crimes and for their support to ignore it for nearly 40 years - they are all culpable in the cover up.

Shame on you Scotland.
As a Grandad, 2 of my Granddaughters are taken to that awful place for every home game, whether they want to go or not by my son in law,he even went so far as to get them season tickets,I'm absolutely sick at the thought of anything happening to them George.

Shame on you Scotland.
I seldom contribute to threads of this nature - But, like you, I have two sons and would take any organisation who abused trust in this manner to the ground.

Whether I supported them or not is so irrelevant I can't even comprehend.

Usually these scandals are uncovered through years or torturous investigation by individuals who have joined some dots.

The outcome is then swiftly investigated, guilty parties punished and lessons are learned.

In this case, the facts are all in the public domain but are being completely ignored, vile.

Shame on you Scotland.
The club they supported isn't supporting them at all thats the disgusting part you'd think that they would now have some compassion but no, they refuse to accept any responsibility.
It's obvious to everyone that BJK and lots of others knew, but they never contacted the authorities to get these vile people charged they would much rather keep it hush hush for the sake of Celt!c Football Club.
These people also portray to be of good stock and upstanding members of the community, did they confess these crimes to their priests?
They protected and are still protecting by not speaking out about the sex beasts who preyed on their own future generation of players, some them no doubt their own children and Scotlands youth.
The shame of it must be killing them and only when these people come forward will they be less tormented souls IMHO.

How much longer can the SFA choose to ignore the biggest scandal ever in Scottish football?

We are not talking about an isolated incident. More and more convictions prove that Torbett was not a lone pervert. He was part of a large paedophile ring working together to abuse vulnerable children within Celtc FC, an SFA member club, over a prolonged period of time.

The fact that the member club were aware of what was happening and refused to notify the police in order to protect the club and thus allow the abuse to continue needs to be fully investigated and punishments issued to the most severe level.

By choosing to investigate the granting of our UEFA Licence from almost a decade ago, the Compliance Officer has shown that she is happy to investigate historical events, so why is this being ignored?

One of my brothers in law was apparently a smashing football player.captain of Glasgow united etc.Had one day at Enablers FC boys club,came home and said to his father "that's me done wi the fitba". Never kicked a ball in anger again.His dad told me he even had Rangers head scout at the door. Was honest and said we cant do anything for him but he is a loss for football and almost begged his dad to try and get him to start playing again.... How many others have walked away from the game because of their ways ?
Who would want their history but the wise monkeys of the Scottish press and politicians have nailed their ears eyes and especially mouths shut on this disgrace..

It's not just Kenny's claims that dispute the assertion they were a separate entity.... it's the fucking facts that prove they were one and the same.

The facts are there in black and white in historical programmes, media images, newspaper reports, interviews, statements etc etc.

What's wrong is the complete reluctance of any reporter to come out with that fact.

CBC = CFC

Undeniable. Indisputable. Inseparable. Conjoined. Mutually beneficial. Corrupt to the core.

To be fair Mark Daly has rubbished their claims.

The rest of the scottish media = gutless agenda driven slugs without any morals.

The current custodians have had a chance to show some morals. Accept past wrong doing and begin to right those wrongs. THAT is the right thing to do.

They have chosen to try to sweep it under the carpet. They have chosen to try to deflect it. They have chosen to escape justice.

They have chosen to be be complicit in child abuse.

The current custodians are no better than those who hid it originally.

Shameful

St Pats FC cannot get away with the distinct and separate entity pish this time

Or when McClafferty is up on charges as he was St Pats FC kit man and if he’s found guilty that places 2 paedos inside St Pats abusing kids

Covering up the child abuse for decades is IMO is the most disgusting thing ever to happen in Scottish football yet we have a compliant mhedia who refuse to link them altogether and out the paedo ring in operation

The SNP government failing to offer any protection or support for the victims and their families and in Michell Gray’s case ignoring her requests for a face to face meeting shows the SNP are also protecting St Pats reputation

Disgusting bastards and yet it’s the victims and families who are now being abused by St Pats fans for highlighting the abuse

They make me sick

This is children we are talking about here, it's despicable what has went on at Celtic Football Club. Are you really trying to tell us that journalists, police, SFA and lawyers haven't got a clue that there was clearly a sordid paedophile ring at work here?
This reminds of the Jimmy Savile situation where everybody comes out afterwards and says "we all knew he was paedophile"

Shame on you Scotland.

If this happened to my son while he was playing for Rangers and the club acted in the way those monsters have there is no way I could sit in the stands and support the club.

If the club put their hands up and took responsibility then that is a different matter, not trying their hardest to wriggle out if it to save face and money!!

_104683631_record.jpg

6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi

Please delete if already posted.

From Daily Record this morning

"Celtic Boys' Club sex abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by sick paedophile Jim Torbett between 1986 and 1994.

A victim of Celtic Boys Club paedophile Jim Torbett claims he continued to be abused after he signed for the “big” club.

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by Torbett when he was in the under-14s squad. And the former player claims he was still in the pervert’s grip after he was taken on by Celtic FC.

Kenny appears in a team photo of young Hoops players in front of the main stand at Celtic Park in 1988.

He said that during his time as a youth player, Torbett was a regular presence at Parkhead. Kenny claimed he often turned up to conduct business or discuss recruits with Parkhead bosses.

He added: “I was playing with Celtic Boys Club until I was 16. Then, I was signed on S-forms by Billy McNeill in his office.

“I was still being abused after that, right up until I was 17.”

Kenny said: “That was a proud day being in that team group. But I was still being abused at that point.”

The photo appeared in a Celtic programme from 1988. Under the heading “Reserve Scene”, the team is referred to as “The Young Team”.

Kenny’s claims challenge Celtic’s position that they have no responsibility for the abuse meted out by Torbett."

THIS ENDS NOW!

A Full public inquiry into this in all Sports and Religious organsations from the SNP government IS A MUST.

I will do my bit to hopefully shame one directly into help doing it.

We all need to put the pressure on them.

This story is just too big for the usual appeasers to keep under wraps. The deck of cards are all falling down and this horrible club will be made to compensate and apologise for the heinous crimes of the past.
The usual suspects can't hide it for much longer. Who knows even 'Wee Nippy' might have to finally say something?

Celtic need to actually step up now and side with the victims to bring the abusers to justice surly to god there is some decent people at that rancid club that wants to for once do the right thing just one person to step up for these guys who have had a life of misery. It’s so bloody sad my heart aches for them.

Back