AC/DC Scottish tribute shirts

A member of my family was at that gig. Said it was the best gig he’s ever been to. I used to look at the program wishing I’d been there. RIP Bon and Malcolm.
My wee mates three older brothers all went, we were too young and sat in his house and played AC/DC records for a bit and we’re given sweets , as if it was any kind of compensation. They absolutely raved about it, both my mate and his older brother ended up proficient guitar players and I put it down to that band and that gig.

My wee mates three older brothers all went, we were too young and sat in his house and played AC/DC records for a bit and we’re given sweets , as if it was any kind of compensation. They absolutely raves about it, both my mate and his older brother ended up proficient guitar players and I put it down to that band and that gig.
I was too young too. The Apollo was some place. Before my gig going days but some legendary gigs. My mother saw Queen there. Bon Scott was one of the best front men ever.

Is there not a photo of one the brothers playing in the 92/93 strip, I’m not even a fan but find it cool as fck.
I'm sure someone here has that as their avator. Whether a genuine or not is another matter...

DfYITK7W0AsYHB6

My wee mates three older brothers all went, we were too young and sat in his house and played AC/DC records for a bit and we’re given sweets , as if it was any kind of compensation. They absolutely raved about it, both my mate and his older brother ended up proficient guitar players and I put it down to that band and that gig.
Life in a Scotch Sitting Room, Vol. 2, Episode 15?

I can promise you both brothers were bears as were all their brothers and their parents' families.

Before moving out to Cranhill and then out to Australia, the family were long-term residents of Bridgeton, Calton and Dennistoun. Angus and Malcolm and their older brothers and sister were all born and raised on Crownpoint Road.

I can promise you both brothers were bears as were all their brothers and their parents' families.

Before moving out to Cranhill and then out to Australia, the family were long-term residents of Bridgeton, Calton and Dennistoun. Angus and Malcolm and their older brothers and sister were all born and raised on Crownpoint Road.
Love it, one of my favourite bands of all time. Even better that they are bears :)

Angus and Malcolm and family moved to over there is 1963, I think. Fairly sure Angus was 8 and Mal was 10.

Bon was a few years older than both, born in '46.
On the subject of AC/DC. Always wondered what the big fat girl from Tasmania as Bon called her thought of her song.

I’m pretty sure the photo of one of the brothers wearing a Rangers top was mocked up by a poster on here.
There was also another poster quite recently that said he was related to them and that they done a set at his wedding. I think it was on a thread about famous relations or something similar.

I have a book called 'AC/DC Maximum Rock n Roll' which mentions Rangers a couple of times. One mention is about the UK tour in 1979. It says 'Malcolm had his own reason to smile. While in Glasgow, the band managed to see the crucial Rangers v Celtic derby match. It would have brought back fond memories for the Young brothers of their family's long-held passion for the Rangers team'.

I’m pretty sure the photo of one of the brothers wearing a Rangers top was mocked up by a poster on here.
There was also another poster quite recently that said he was related to them and that they done a set at his wedding. I think it was on a thread about famous relations or something similar.

I've heard a number of these stories over the years and I wouldn't buy them (not being a relation, but playing at a wedding). They have a lot of family still in the Glasgow area. Some cousins in Cumbernauld and they use to have a couple of uncles out in Drumchapel.

@Dalgety Bear might be interested to know they had relatives living there in the 70s and 80s.

Good. that guff is only on Scotland shirts - for a minute I thought it was on ours.

Crown Defender and Truebluefc will be on in a minute to berate me.

I've heard a number of these stories over the years and I wouldn't buy them (not being a relation, but playing at a wedding). They have a lot of family still in the Glasgow area. Some cousins in Cumbernauld and they use to have a couple of uncles out in Drumchapel.

@Dalgety Bear might be interested to know they had relatives living there in the 70s and 80s.
The poster wasn’t trying to be a blowhard or anything and seemed genuine enough. He will maybe see this thread and comment.

Think Bon and the two Young brothers were/are Bluenoses.
There were 7 of them (brothers) in total. Angus was the youngest when they went to Australia (8 years old) so you've got to think think they had some sort of football connection in a family that size from Glasgow. His wiki page says that he is. That'll do for me :)

The poster wasn’t trying to be a blowhard or anything and seemed genuine enough. He will maybe see this thread and comment.

Was just about to post this Geo. I'm sure it's the guys wife who is related to them. He commented on a 'wedding band' thread.

Not a bad claim to fame that one :)

I was too young too. The Apollo was some place. Before my gig going days but some legendary gigs. My mother saw Queen there. Bon Scott was one of the best front men ever.
The reputation the Apollo gained was quite something given how relatively short it's tenure as a concert venue.

Could well be genuine but I've seen a few over the years that were total BS.

I know they were very generous with looking after family at gigs, etc., paticularly in the early days, so it could well have happened then. Later, they had way less time.

I'm not even a massive AC/DC fan and have become a bit apathetic towards Scotland but that's pretty cool!
Big ACDC fan, Scotland....not 2 fucks given. When article was published Scotland's support was mainly bluenose, Tim's didn't bother in the main. Changed days!

Back