Academy reconstruction complete

While Murty appears to have been given a more broad role across different age groups it’s reads as a step down if he’ll no longer be involved with the ‘B’ team.

KT more involved with the boys knocking on the door which is pleasing.

Great news and looks like we are really committed to our youth program in terms of our structure and personnel.
Hopefully this will provide a clearer path for our youth players to make in to the first team squad.
Also pleased to see KT taking over the B team as I think he will manage us one day.

Good news that McCallum will be taking the UEFA Youth league team as well, he has done a great job with the U18s.

Pretty impressed reading Cameron Campbells CV, he will be a good addition.

KT will manage Rangers one day, this is just another step on that journey
Is he actually a good coach? I genuinely don’t know so looking for some insight.

Most people want him as a manager because he has the Rangers mentality. But I’d like to find out about him as a coach.

Is he actually a good coach? I genuinely don’t know so looking for some insight.

Most people want him as a manager because he has the Rangers mentality. But I’d like to find out about him as a coach.
I can’t help but think under mulholland gerrard and Ross Wilson that all three alone have seen enough to want him even closer to brining then B team boys through and therefore he must be a half decent coach.

Interesting to me that we've brought the guy in who has experience of working with Nordsjaelland/RTD Academy in Ghana. I wonder if this is the kind of scouting partnership we might be looking to establish somewhere to improve our presence and access to players in less traditional markets?

I met Cameron Campbell last year in a coaching capacity. Seemed like a nice guy and had moved abroad to broaden his horizons and get away from the restrictions here. Hopefully does well at the youth level.

Wonder where PL new venture will be, manager in his homeland? Good luck in the future Peter.

As others have said it’s good seeing KT promoted, loved him as a player, just my type and wished he was able to more in our jersey but I do think he will become a really top coach/manager one day and hopefully for us.

just noted other Lovenkrands thread

Interesting to me that we've brought the guy in who has experience of working with Nordsjaelland/RTD Academy in Ghana. I wonder if this is the kind of scouting partnership we might be looking to establish somewhere to improve our presence and access to players in less traditional markets?
Interesting. You know much about that link between they clubs?

I'm sure I read someone talking about him on twitter saying he is a great coach, not sure if it was a kids dad or a fellow coach or not. His own academy work does look pretty good and he must be doing decent to get a promotion like this. He does seem to just have that vibe about him that will make him a good manager to me.

Interesting. You know much about that link between they clubs?
Not much but Nordsjaelland and Scandinavian teams in general have been keen in the last 10 years or so to bring through a lot of talent from West Africa. I'm not sure if it's an option for us as much though as I feel like they are more open regarding work permits.

However clubs like Midtjylland, Tromso, Nordsjaelland, Molde and Djurgardens have all had a decent level of success in bringing African players and giving them a platform before selling onto the likes of Holland and Belgium. I've got no particular insight, just feel that it's interesting that he's got that sort of background.

Good luck to everyone in their new jobs and good luck to Peter Lovenkrands The Tim Slayer wherever he ends up

I met Cameron Campbell last year in a coaching capacity. Seemed like a nice guy and had moved abroad to broaden his horizons and get away from the restrictions here. Hopefully does well at the youth level.

I met him at a Sports Psychology conference a couple of years ago, he's a good guy. Interesting research too.

My dads pal Robin is one of the younger teams coaches/scouts. No mention of him so wonder if he's not there anymore? Been there 23 years as well.

Andrras Skov Olsen played for Fc Nordsjælland, wonder if the guy in the new role is familiar with him? Could be some truth in the rumour floating about.

While Murty appears to have been given a more broad role across different age groups it’s reads as a step down if he’ll no longer be involved with the ‘B’ team.

I’ve always thought the top coach, outwith the first team squad, should be involved with younger groups.
Maybe somebody at the club agrees with me.

I’ve always thought the top coach, outwith the first team squad, should be involved with younger groups.

That appears to be the general consensus with Murty.

I just can’t get over his public surrender during his stint in charge, despite Dave King singing his praises.

F*ck me a guy who has won titles at Ibrox and played in a Uefa cup final, but you can’t take him to cause he calls one of his pals ‘Scotty’.

Brilliant.

I despise Scott Brown and his association with him sours how I feel. Surely I’m allowed to have that opinion ?

The academy really needs to start producing starters for the first team soon. Weve heard how good it is for a few year now but never get a player out of it good enough for our first team. Only Gilmour the last few year that i can think of. Hopefully this next batch of Patterson, Kennedy, King etc can make the grade

Reading what Ross Wilson is saying it’s Brian Gilmour who is impressing as a coach .. Thomson is there for his man management and experience at the club
I mean that isn't too dissimilar a set up to what we have right now. Gerrard probably is a great coach also, but most of the coaching will be done by Beale.

I think Murty is highly rated but I don't think Gerrard has much time for him - so if the B team is going to be more closely integrated with the 1st Team then maybe that also ties in

At last it seems we have a guy that knows what he’s doing. Ross Wilson is sorting all of the football side

Beale will fucking love that.

Good on the guy.

Back