Acceptable Season

What would an acceptable season be without winning the league?

I would say finishing 2nd comfortably and 6 or less points away from them with 1 cup win and beating them twice.

Would be an unbelievable season. We may win a cup competition but we will not finish within six of them , not a chance in hell. They will win pretty much every week very very comfortably against the rest. We can not match that consistency with the current crop. The sooner folk realise that the better. Would be unfair on Pedro and the players to rebuke them all for not challenging. As long as we see genuine progress on the pitch and can start winning 4 and 5 on the bounce the way Aberdeen can then I will be happy . Finishing above Aberdeen and having established that we have some good young players and something to build on would be acceptable.

What is deemed acceptable by most fans, and what is realistic, are two very different things.

What you suggest is a very successful season by our current standards.

What is realistic is second place within fifteen points of the scum and not being beaten by anyone other than the scum in the cup competitions.

What is deemed acceptable by most fans, and what is realistic, are two very different things.

What you suggest is a very successful season by our current standards.

What is realistic is second place within fifteen points of the scum and not being beaten by anyone other than the scum in the cup competitions.

If we dont beat them at some point this year the psychological damage will be huge.

Anyone thinking we can finish within 6 points of them is dreaming.

I'd say 2nd with relative ease and at least one cup final provided we don't draw the filth before the final in both cups

Finishing second,no more than 12 points behind them,get to both cup finals and winning either of the cups.......a victory over those bastards would also be VERY welcome.

Acceptable to me will be a second place finish and if I'm being greedy a cup.

For many though success will also mean we need to beat them however and I'm just not sure we've enough in the tank yet.

No less than 2 nd in the League.

Must beat Yahoos and win a Cup.

Cup win will bring real belief and a winning mentality for next season.

Would settle for a cup final , a semi final and a comfortable second place with the last being most important

2nd, anywhere within 15 points. Don't lose all 4 games against them. And a cup final or two would be a very, very decent season.

Progress and improvement. That should bring a comfortable 2nd and may win a cup, however if we're within 12-15 points of them we'll have done very well!

c

I would say finishing 2nd comfortably and 6 or less points away from them with 1 cup win and beating them twice.
come on be realistic, closing a gap from 39 point to 6 is ubrealistic, if we can get it to 15 we will be doing well

2nd, preferably comfortable... but would take 2nd in any manner.

A cup win this season is a massive requirement imo, we need to get our name back on some (proper) silverware for the first time since 2011.

Closer to the other mob on the park, no embarrassments and hopefully take 'some' points over the 4 games.

No less than 2 nd in the League.

Must beat Yahoos and win a Cup.

Cup win will bring real belief and a winning mentality for next season.
I'd agree with this but also say we need to be comfortable in 2nd and 12 ahead of the sheep or whoever

To finish 2nd and a cup win would represent clear progress from last season and something to build on. This was never going to be a one transfer window fix.

Acceptable to me will be a second place finish and if I'm being greedy a cup.

For many though success will also mean we need to beat them however and I'm just not sure we've enough in the tank yet.

I think we will beat them once this season. No matter the difference in class between the sides it is pretty rare to win every derby. It will be tough but one game we will beat them and I think it will be Saturday.

Successful season for me is second place and obvious progress throughout the season in regards to putting some runs together, some big away wins etc.

I don't believe we should be thinking in terms of "acceptable" at this stage of the season. I would hope the management and players would be going for the treble and we as fans chasing the same goal. I'll leave "acceptable" till later in the season when we see just how invincible these "invincibles" are.
I'm an optimistic bugger :cool:

I don't believe we should be thinking in terms of "acceptable" at this stage of the season. I would hope the management and players would be going for the treble and we as fans chasing the same goal. I'll leave "acceptable" till later in the season when we see just how invincible these "invincibles" are.
I'm an optimistic bugger :cool:

Utter madness

2nd, preferably comfortable... but would take 2nd in any manner.

A cup win this season is a massive requirement imo, we need to get our name back on some (proper) silverware for the first time since 2011.

Closer to the other mob on the park, no embarrassments and hopefully take 'some' points over the 4 games.
This would do me.
Always always hope for more tho.
Improvement managing to control games especially when on top and able to then see games out more comfortably.
Some good transfer business in January or at least pre contracts agreed in December.

Unbeaten against them at least three league games, Glasgow derby games close, second place within single figures and a cup would be an incredible turnaround.

2nd place but keep on the bheggars heels, let them know they are in a battle, apply a bit of pressure. Don't let them run away with it.

We've got to beat them this season.

Cup final appearance at least - we are in a semi final.

Continuing to improve.

The likes of a McCrorie making a break through.

A susccessful January transfer window.

Comfortable second place is an absolute must. By the second half of the season would like to see us being capable of going on an unbeaten run. Further clear out of Warburton's team at the next window and further improvement in the squad quality.

And I am a dreamer :). Still haven't given up hope of us winning the league. Its unlikely but far from impossible. If Leicester can win a league that includes 5 of the best clubs in Europe we have definitely got a chance against they mhanky cunts.

That would be more than just acceptable, it would be excellent.

TBH, the league still being alive post split is a success. 1 cup and 4 points off them in the league and I think that would be a good season.

As sad as it is to accept second place I would take that right now.

Anyone thinking we can finish within 6 points of them is dreaming.

I'd say 2nd with relative ease and at least one cup final provided we don't draw the filth before the final in both cups

Some totally unrealistic expectations as usual from fans. They're just off the back of one of their best ever domestic seasons & people think we should be 6 points behind them?! A top Rangers side maybe by we're still building a team.

I think coming into this season the target had to be a comfortable second place, moving away from the sheep and closing the ridiculous gap from last season on the mhanks.

For me, we should be halving that gap.

Cup would be nice, but in reality you can have one bad result in a cup run and lose it, so it's not a great indicator of a season overall. A nice to have, rather than a must, which I see the league performance as.

2nd hopefully comfortably but not expecting that.

Cup win would be nice but think we will need to get lucky in the draw.

We need to find alevel of consistency as the scum,the old firm games take care of themselves, it's the rest we need to start beating, I'm confident we will if we can keep within touching distance and come the January window when we can pick up Walker and McLean I think all bodes well.

At least 80 points in the league and get to a final in one of the cups.

I feel that should be achievable with the money we have spent in the summer.

Off the field, getting the share issues resolution passed and getting new mechandise and kit deals sorted well in advance of next summer are a must.

Some totally unrealistic expectations as usual from fans. They're just off the back of one of their best ever domestic seasons & people think we should be 6 points behind them?! A top Rangers side maybe by we're still building a team.

Some people just cant grasp that mate, 6 points is crazy, if we dont win on Saturday we are 8 behind already, dread the thought, we cant let it happen.

Some people just cant grasp that mate, 6 points is crazy, if we dont win on Saturday we are 8 behind already, dread the thought, we cant let it happen.

8 points behind them after 7 games would be a pathetic return, worse than where we were at this stage last season, and that's with them dropping points this season.

I just want a team I have confidence in and enjoy watching.

Going into the EL qualifiers with some level of expectation rather than fear of humiliation would be nice too. Although I said that about 6 months ago too and most seem happy to write it off for another 12 months. Wonder if that will happen with league expectations also.

Defo need to finish 2nd, points wise reallistically we maybe win 1 game against them so a gap of 15 or less doing well in both cups only getting put out by them or Aberdeen away but hopefully win one cup.

Agreed, folk on here saying ‘win the title’ are genuinely not worth listening to.

I want to be confident about beating every other team in the league bar the papes by the end of this season. A couple of quality additions next summer then on to topple them.

Back