Acceptable Season

Second, close the point gap, the Scottish or League Cup and of course, good showings against the mentally challengeds (including a home and away win)

Comfortable 2nd single figure point gap share the available points V the fhilth and win a trophy,I don't think it's an unreasonable hope list.

What would an acceptable season be without winning the league?

I would say finishing 2nd comfortably and 6 or less points away from them with 1 cup win and beating them twice.

I would say we will not make that.

15 points behind and a cup is a significant improvement.

Next year we should be taking them to the final 3 games or so.

For me, finishing a reasonably comfortable 2nd, taking minimum 5 points from the games against them whilst reducing the gap between us and them significantly on last season would constitute a good season for Pedro's first full season in charge of us with his own squad. It would really give us something to build on for next season. A cup would just be a massive bonus.

2nd in the league

And hopefully a cup would be a very good season in my eyes.

I would much rather review this after Saturday. If we were to land a blow on Saturday, I honestly believe we could go and challenge them. Lose it, and I really don't know.

Realistically just now I want to avoid them in cup semi finals and get to a final. I think that's a big one for us.

We need to win a cup and stop back to back trebles.

We must also finish second. How close is really irrelevant. Second is second. I'm confident we will.

We must beat them at some point this season too. I don't believe that if we don't it's a massive psychological blow to us. I believe it's more of a psychological blow to them if we do beat them. Particularly if it's on Saturday.

Win on Saturday and we can change the whole thought process of everyone in Scotland, and not just ourselves.

Second spot in the league is an absolute must. Previously I would have said winning a cup competition but realistically that would mean beating them and that is still a huge ask, in saying that if we were to play them 6 times this season then I would be expecting at least one victory and a draw so, aye... 2nd spot and a Cup please Pedro!

couple of yous have said a semi final?? You mean winning a semi final and being in a final?

I cannot understand how someone unless a minnow team in Scotland getting to a semi final to be a success?

What would an acceptable season be without winning the league?

I would say finishing 2nd comfortably and 6 or less points away from them with 1 cup win and beating them twice.

Would absolutely take that!!!! 6 points??? Given we are 5 behind already but anything can happen in football.

At the very least 2nd regardless of points difference and at least a cup. Based purely on the fact we spent a good deal of money considering our financial position.

Finish second with a respectable points gap from the filth. Beat them at least once at Ibrox and one of the cups would do for me.

I think we will be a good second,Aberdeen flatter to deceive as was the case last night and if we get as consistent as the manks are,in the sense of beating the rest,which I think will be sooner than later,then who knows. I think the team are getting better as will Pena,who needs games. Very optimistic.

Now we have a football director I think we should chop and change a few managers to win the league sooner. Away with the old traditions its war and we need 55 more than any title this or next year to stop their claims of 10 in a row.

It would be nice to finish 2nd and a good run in the cups but for me the important thing is the manager builds a squad, a solid squad that can be built on and maintained for years to come, so that we go through season after season only having to add one or two players into an already established squad that has a mixture of players coming through the ranks and bought in players.

A few days after looking for McCrorie to break though he'll be making his first Rangers start in a game against them.

On you go lad, all the best.

It might be unacceptable to you but it is reality. 2nd place with a brand new team is pretty good achievement.

You're fucking right it's unacceptable to me and should also be to every other Bear, 2nd best should not be an option for Rangers.

Second and beating them once. Might not be spectacular but would be acceptable.

Cups are unpredictable and obviously winning one would be great but they can't be the difference between an acceptable season and an unacceptable one.

An acceptable season would have included not being papped out on our arse to some part timers from Luxembourg. And I reckon finishing within 6 points of the mentally challengeds is dreamland stuff given the fact we are already 5 behind them and have won 1 home game. If we won a cup I'd be over the moon and it would be a good achievement. Second is surely the minimum. I can't see PC leading us to a 'comfortable second' at all however.

Back