Accessing RTV

McCoist’sTinHat

Official Ticketer
Since the nightmare of watching home games during covid on RTV, I’ve not bothered with it.

It used to work via the firestick or smart TV browser but since the update neither are functioning as they should.

I’d be much more inclined if there was access to it via a proper app (not just on a phone or tablet), such as the way you can access starz/itv/premier sports through the Amazon app.

Has anyone got a simple way of watching that doesn’t involve hooking up laptops and all sorts to the tele?

I’m sure the option to cast to your firestick is now on the app on the phone

Edit - it is I just checked
But I find it often temperamental.

Best solution I have for using is to use the built in browser on the smart-tv and use internet site.
I'm usually setting an alarm for 23:50 or 01:50 and getting up to watch the games on RTV, so can't be bothered with the messing around at that hour!

Added to favourites on browser and takes me to RTV homescreen, click watch live, unmute (why?), full screen and we're on... should be a lot simpler.

Use the app & cast, or use the app & airplay, depending on which devices you have.

Personally, I use an Nvidia Shield with the RTV app side loaded.

As an FYI, remember tonight’s game isn’t on RTV.

Use the app & cast, or use the app & airplay, depending on which devices you have.

Personally, I use an Nvidia Shield with the RTV app side loaded.

As an FYI, remember tonight’s game isn’t on RTV.
What Nvidia shield and what version of RTV ? Mine just doesn't work.
Casting to my Nvidia shield or Chromecast from my phone app also doesn't work. I can't even watch the game on landscape mode on my phone . The app is hopeless for me.

What Nvidia shield and what version of RTV ? Mine just doesn't work.
Casting to my Nvidia shield or Chromecast from my phone app also doesn't work. I can't even watch the game on landscape mode on my phone . The app is hopeless for me.

Yeah the app is shite when I try to watch on my phone also doesn’t go proper full screen.

I have the original Nvidia Shield, not sure which version of the app is side loaded. It can be a bit temperamental at times when signing in & trying to get it to go full screen. Have to sign in/out, delete cache etc to eventually get it to pop up full screen. Haven’t figured out why that is apart from it’s an android mobile app not designed for full screens.

RTV really should be looking at an app for all devices, but like most things at the club are way behind modern standards.

Yeah the app is shite when I try to watch on my phone also doesn’t go proper full screen.

I have the original Nvidia Shield, not sure which version of the app is side loaded. It can be a bit temperamental at times when signing in & trying to get it to go full screen. Have to sign in/out, delete cache etc to eventually get it to pop up full screen. Haven’t figured out why that is apart from it’s an android mobile app not designed for full screens.

RTV really should be looking at an app for all devices, but like most things at the club are way behind modern standards.
Cheers , if you get a chance could you let me know the app version. I'll try the clearing cache as well .
And yeah the club should really try to sort out the app .

Best solution I have for using is to use the built in browser on the smart-tv and use internet site.
I'm usually setting an alarm for 23:50 or 01:50 and getting up to watch the games on RTV, so can't be bothered with the messing around at that hour!

Added to favourites on browser and takes me to RTV homescreen, click watch live, unmute (why?), full screen and we're on... should be a lot simpler.
It does my head in that you need to click unmute. I've honestly never ever seen that on any other video in my life. It always pauses the video for a second when I click it too. I feel like that step has been added just to annoy me.

Last edited:

It does my head in that you need to click unmute. I've honestly never ever seen that one any other video in my life. It always pauses the video for a second when I click it too. I feel like that step has been added just to annoy me.

Switching to Full Screen unmutes it without clicking on the 'unmute' bit mate. Don't need to do both. When using the website that is. I wouldn't wipe my arse with the App, no idea why folk bother unless they absolutely have to. Website is only a couple of extra clicks.

Back