Accies fans?

Quite simply.....where the hell were they!
My 9 year old and I counted about 40!!!! I know their average home attendance is only about 3,000 but 40??
Good grief...
How demoralising.
Christmas shopping ?

I could disagree with you about some of those things, but none of it really matters.

Bottom line = football merit. Accies are in the top flight because we're better than the alternatives. However much you disagree with how the club is organised, we put a team on the field that in recent years has bested Hibs, Dundee United, Inverness, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and sits this season above Dundee and St Mirren.

We don't pay stupid player salaries or transfer fees. We don't waste money on facilities nobody will use. We develop young talent. And we compete to the best of our ability.

We are nothing like a junior team. We are an SPFL top flight team on merit.

Very true pal well spoken

There is nothing about Hamilton’s support that suggests this.

They were hardly stopping anyone from the home areas anyway.

Indeed.

Usual moaning about fuuck all for the sake of it.

Hamilton have less than 1500 season ticket holders last I heard.

I haven't been to see Accies at Ibrox in years. I think my last time was the 7-1 game when James McArthur scored first at the Copland Road end.

Why would I? Hiding to nothing, and a useless view (I couldn't see that McArthur goal).

I rarely go to away games in general, but Ibrox is second only to Parkhead as a rubbish away venue.

Bullshit. Ive been in the corner at Ibrox and away end at Celtc park. Much better position at Ibrox

Fair play Accie. We drive past Dumbarton. Clydebank. Paisley to get to games. Was brought up to support Rangers and that’s just the way it is. Respect to anyone that supports their local team.

Was just about to post the same. Off the top of my head: Alloa, Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, Airdrie, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Stirling and Partick are all closer to me than Ibrox. Some of our support really are arrogant arseholes at times.

It’s a joke that these guys are in our league. No supporters and generally shit at football, I was very disappointed today about the fact we never hunped.

Maybe the mhanks couldn't be bothered turning up in the away bit today?

I'm convinced there's usually more than a few in there most games at Ibrox.

I haven't been to see Accies at Ibrox in years. I think my last time was the 7-1 game when James McArthur scored first at the Copland Road end.

Why would I? Hiding to nothing, and a useless view (I couldn't see that McArthur goal).

I rarely go to away games in general, but Ibrox is second only to Parkhead as a rubbish away venue.

Academical, I admire your often balanced input to this forum - however the Southwest corner at Ibrox can never be compared to the away end at the piggery.

Ibrox away end offfers fully segregated facilities and an uninterrupted view of the pitch and the surrounding stadia,unlike the monkey hoose in the East end of the city.

They’re a club with a small but loyal fan base. What did you expect them to bring? The whole Broonloan?
Nobody mentioned the full Broomloan, so why go off at a tangent ? Hamilton is 30 minutes along the M8/M74 from Ibrox. Most Hamilton fans will live closer to Ibrox than thousands of Rangers fans who were in attendance today. The away support was miniscule today, one of the smallest away supports I’ve ever witnessed at Ibrox domestically.

It’s poor no matter how you dress it up
They are a first tier club who play not 10 miles away
40 is ridiculous

And what grates more is we could have sold 1000 tickets for that area and put them in the club deck somewhere

Spot on mate, They do a massive amount for Hamilton community also . Truly superb wee club , From fireworks displays to cocaine anonymous , to giving free entry to under 19 champions league games. beating heart of a community.
Maybe the community should turn up at their games. They do a lot of off field stuff but football fans around that way tend to go past them to us or celtic.

Given the pathetic away support today the club need to rethink the away fans strategy and if only 40 away fans then we need to have an alternative plan to move them

The huge number of empty seats and segregation is unacceptable

Let’s get this sorted as it’s a joke TBH

I could disagree with you about some of those things, but none of it really matters.

Bottom line = football merit. Accies are in the top flight because we're better than the alternatives. However much you disagree with how the club is organised, we put a team on the field that in recent years has bested Hibs, Dundee United, Inverness, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and sits this season above Dundee and St Mirren.

We don't pay stupid player salaries or transfer fees. We don't waste money on facilities nobody will use. We develop young talent. And we compete to the best of our ability.

They have never had a huge support even compared to Championship teams but their home support seems to have dropped of a cliff recently. Watching the highlights the main stand wasnt even half full for the firat game against Hearts.
I reckon its the whole Stadium , plastic pitch thing.

Easy access to Ibrox and the Piggery doesn't help. I know a few Hamilton bears and only one Accie, and his brother's a bear..

They actually had just over 100. My mates boy asks for the attendances from Rangers after games. They should be put in the CD so we can sell more tickets for the match imo.

Thought the accies had a decent support in the 80's before they played at firhill etc. Going by there size and wage budget it's a miracle they survive every season. Should really be a bottom half of the championship team. Fair play to them

Maybe the community should turn up at their games. They do a lot of off field stuff but football fans around that way tend to go past them to us or celtic.

So do any mate that close to Glasgow , FFS there are probably as many Edinburgh bears and Tim’s as hearts and hibs fans .

I have a soft spot for accies as my father in law is a fan of them.
I have went to numerous games with him.
Accies are a small wee club who lose a lot of support in the town to us and the scum.
I see no need for this thread it is a bit pathetic actually.

Here Here Jaws , quite boring tbh .

So do any mate that close to Glasgow , FFS there are probably as many Edinburgh bears and Tim’s as hearts and hibs fans .
I know mate,im about 4 stops on train away from them, occasionally go to youth games.They don't charge but donations are accepted , even then very few turn up.Could they charge less for 1st team games to encourage more in or are all spfl prices set in stone?

Accies are a small wee club who lose a lot of support in the town to us and the scum.

Threads like this are always good for outing the absolute wallopers mate. A couple making complete cnuts of themselves I see. As was posted above I have more in common with guys like Academical than I ever will with some dickheads that post on here.

Hold on here. We have a guy who’s club have a fuqing gazebo down one length of the ground telling us Ibrox is one of the two worst away grounds for him?? Fuq off:D

Away fans at Ibrox have one of the best sections in our ground fs.

Agree with all you say.

But...I can't understand why your support for this game was so low. A big day out, surely? Or is there something underlying? I have a family member, a Dumbarton fan, who told me he won't be back at Ibrox again, found the atmosphere " vile".

'Were you at the game today, caller?'

Perhaps their support today were away with our missing fans Christmas shopping.

Lack of humility in this thread and fading memories. Hamilton left Ibrox with a 2-0 victory last season. Can’t understand the purpose in some here slagging Accies off.

It’s poor no matter how you dress it up
They are a first tier club who play not 10 miles away
40 is ridiculous

And what grates more is we could have sold 1000 tickets for that area and put them in the club deck somewhere
No we couldn't! There were guys all over trying to sell tickets as I came out the subway and made my way to the game!

Lack of humility in this thread and fading memories. Hamilton left Ibrox with a 2-0 victory last season. Can’t understand the purpose in some here slagging Accies off.
What’s this “lack of humility”?
“fading memories “?
Also seen “some rangers fans are arrogant arseholes”
“Pathetic””Boring” !!
Do these posters think hamilton are a good team to have in our league? Nobody is saying they don’t have a good youth set up or do a lot for their local community,everybody knows they are in the league on merit.
I Must be a pathetic boring arrogant arsehole then because I think hamilton bring nothing to the table in terms of stadium,pitch,fans etc

I wouldn't worry sbout it m8 at least you know your capabilities regarding your team, fck me look at the hibs fans yesterday that's what you call a shit support. They think there massive.

My neighbour is a Hamilton fan but has told me he ain’t attending any more games until Canning is canned. Not sure who he’s expecting to come in but apparently his style of football is really pissing off a lot of supporters. Must say, no wonder, they looked happy to play for a 0-1 today, timewasting when a goal down.
I couldn't believe the time wasting. I said so during the match. Why would you so blatantly waste time when you're losing?

The only answer I could come up with is that Hamilton were happy to lose and not be embarrassed.

Last edited:
Why all the hate on them? The league is rotten and nobody in the country have the size of support of us. Some of our fans take it for granted of how big and loyal a fan base we have. Hamilton might not have a huge or vocal support but they're entitled to go see their team play. Even if it s only 40 of them. Not everyone is the same as us. They didn't bring as many fans as some wanted and they didn't play football the way we wanted so lets moan as if we didn't win and go top of the league again.

Absolutely no beef with Accies as a club, great youth set up as well, their artificial pitch is an abomination imo, huge respect for Academical on here, top man.

Back