Accies future in doubt?

There's teams you hate, the mentally challengeds, hibs, and they absolute reptiles, aberdeen, Hamilton? I just can't hate them, hope they are ok, just my opinion.

Because they don’t have a large enough support to have a scum element.

Even when they beat us and put us out our misery and hopes of winning the league last season I didn’t hate or despise any of the Hamilton team or support for it - our team bottled it.

I probably really don’t care or wouldn’t lose sleep if they did go bust but I hope Hamilton are alright, their park is terrible and not one of the best away days but I don’t wish ill towards them.

In fairness he is only pointing out the consequence of their actions. Their actions are correct insofar as they are doing the financial duty for the council tax payer, unfortunately somethings going to give and probably a lot of the good work the Accies do

According to Academical he originally supported Thistle and on a personal level favoured Rangers being booted out of Scottish football altogether in 2012.

Do his actions and comments resemble those you’d expect from a ‘Rangers man’?
No worries. I’ve only known him nearly 30 years.

His priority now is Hamilton.

I’ve got no problem with accord at all. Wish them well. But they need to live within their own means.

What constitutes a ‘Rangers man’ in your book?

Someone who might have had a soft spot for the club many years ago but now actively works against it by participating in SPFL corruption doesn’t really qualify in mine.

Why should the taxpayer pay for offices that they no longer require? That money could be better used elsewhere

If it was any other business, they'd be getting absolutely slaughtered for greeting about a tenant leaving

Yes, totally agree with your breakdown. However, do they let it go without a fight or try to play whatever cards they can to extend the deal a little. Or indeed muster sympathy in the business community to find another tenant willing to help out. His statement has got him Scottish wide press on TV and printed media.

That's fair enough.

I've known him the best part of fifty years
His bedroom wall as a teenager had Thistle scarves pinned to it. But he has no animosity to Rangers. Some banter yes but hatred no way.

I've known him the best part of fifty years
His bedroom wall as a teenager had Thistle scarves pinned to it. But he has no animosity to Rangers. Some banter yes but hatred no way.
I’ve heard him spout his pish on the radio, not a friend of ours.
One of Liewells puppets,

Natural selection, Thinning the herd....call it what you want but it is 100% needed in Scottish Football.

Far too many diddy clubs have far too much power and say in how our game is run.

If things are to improve then at least a third of "full time professional" clubs need to be culled.

Hamilton and it's diddy chairman can bite ma shite.

£300k per year, sounds like he was ripping off the Council. No wonder they're departing. As for donating a years rent for community benefit someone needs to tell him Councils are skint and, if Covid has taught them anything, its that lots of staff can work from home. I'd expect office accommodation rationalisation across the country now.
And we'll see the knock on effect next year, to the building industry. Offices are the bread and butter for our industry. In a recession you normally expect it to shrink, but it's going to be a shit show after March.

Back