Acid test on 23/9 versus Them

It's a shame that we aren't as attacking down the left as we are on the right. They like their full backs to bomb on, the likes of Candeias will keep them honest down the right. Not sure Windass or Niko would do the same down the left.

I remember pedro saying he wants a team of warriors, that's what I want on the 23th. Get right into their faces and put them off their stride,no place for niko for me.

Without stating the obvious, we need a good start and to not concede anything ealry on. If we do they will have there tails up and I fear the worse. If we are being honest, they have some real threats going forward.

I would rather Tav and Wallace were instructed to concentrate on defending in the first half and keep it tight. They will want to score early and the longer we frustrtate them the better we will get IMO. I would like to see Windass start in a midfield 5 and Morelos upfront on his own, there will still be time for Miller to come on and make an impact when the game gets stretched. I do feel confident as I feel we are more than a match for them physically now, however we can't afford to pass up on any any clear cut chances.

I have a feeling that wee Morelos could be a hero for us.

Whilst i agree with this I would argue Dorrans has been almost as poor as Miller the last couple of games. I'm torn on who should start against them as I'm hoping that Miller will click into form eventually and that's just the game we all know he can do it in. Having said that we need everybody performing that day and Miller certainly hasn't been doing that.

Have you considered the possibility that Miller is just no longer up to it and this is him playing as well as he is now capable?

If Miller and Niko play we'll be overrun - we have to give them something different to consider.

We are stronger than we were last season although we remain weak at fullback left and right. They are a threat with sinclair and roberts that is a big cause of concern. Hopefully Morelos keeps up his impressive start to the season against the beggars

Stay in the game until halt time.

0-0 and build from there.

Rossiter and Jack into close out the space where Roberts, Sinclair and Rogic like to play in.

Plenty protection for Wallace and Tav.

Hit them fast on the counter attack with Candeias and Windass down the flanks.

We need to set up sensibly. I know many feel we should be standing toe to toe with them. Even Walter's great teams of the past knew that an OF game was a different style and formation a lot of the time.

Play Miller and Kranjcar and we're starting with 2 players down. Miller is progressively getting worse but is the first name on the team sheet, he must be fantastic behind the scenes because hes a petulant child on the pitch. Kranjcar will not have the legs to go toe to toe with their right midfield.

We have too many players not playing well enough to step one for one game and beat a team who haven't lost in so any games. I just don't see it.

The team barring any injuries will be

Wes
Tav
Cardoso
Alves
Wallace
Windass
Dorrans
Jack
Candieas
Miller
Morelos

Can't be emphasised enough how important the referee is for this game. I cannot see either Morelos or Alves lasting the 90 if we get another bent official

Alves red card in this game. Nothing surer.

It will be one of these borederline challenges that if Scott brown did it he would het a very stern talking off. Alves obviously will get a straight red.

On a more serious note it's a catch 22 this game. Thy are good middle to front but weak at the back. Do we open it up and try exploit their weakness at the back so we are dominant and they don't get the chance for front 5 to shine. Or do we try shut down their middle to front and nick something on the break?

Keep fingers crossed for the likes of Sinclair/Griffiths etc taking a right sore one over their next 3 games prior.

Wes
Tav Cardoso Bruno Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Candieas Dorrans Windass
Morelos

That for me would suffice, Dorrans is better further forward and his fight would be valuable although I would say on form he doesn't especially deserve to start, Rossiter is better in the holding role, Miller and Niko are f*cking useless.

Wes
Tav Cardoso Bruno Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Candieas Dorrans Windass
Morelos

That for me would suffice, Dorrans is better further forward and his fight would be valuable although I would say on form he doesn't especially deserve to start, Rossiter is better in the holding role, Miller and Niko are f*cking useless.

This team for me also. If we don't play three centrally in midfield I think we'll get swamped.

If we do intend to play this way Rossiter probably needs minutes in the two Partick Thistle games.

We have a better defence than last season!
We have a better midfield than last season!
We now have a goal threat that we lacked and although accepting caution, I really believe we will beat beast fc by a couple of goals.

As ridiculous as it sounds and I know it sounds it, we won't be allowed to beat them. The ref will have his orders and likely you'll see a shocking decision go against us.

The only way Miller will be dropped is if he's injured. Windass will have the berth with Niko on the bench. Our problem as I see it, in every game I've seen, we have an alarming dip in both form and intensity for about 20 minutes and a couple of teams have pounced on that. The poets are the best opposition we will face, if the wee teams punish us, the crash barriers will do more. Pedro needs to make sure that is addressed in both the Partick games to make sure we're ready.

Yes it is a big test and im optimistic for us..............my biggest issue is that anything other than a win will see this place revert to getting Pedro sacked and Dave king removed, and it pisses me off to see how fickle our support can be!

one day were up the next were in the deepest pits of despair, no middle ground its utterly pathetic to see the shite spouted on here!#
and the main reason i wont post after certain games as the uber fans decry everything that is said unless you agree with the vitriol spouted on here your either a tim or not staunch enough.

Have you considered the possibility that Miller is just no longer up to it and this is him playing as well as he is now capable?

If Miller and Niko play we'll be overrun - we have to give them something different to consider.
I agree 100% Niko shouldn't play and probably Miller but I've got a nagging doubt that he'd be the one to pop up with a goal or 2, I've not given up hope with him yet, we'll see I suppose.

Right now he's got to make two changes; Kranjcar and Miller.

Three if you include the formation.
I agree with your point completely we are still light in midfield and Cardoso hasn't coped well with players running at him hopefully he gets it right against the bheggars

We are all Rangers fans (well most of us, bolt lurkers!)

Of course we want to gub celtc, nothing better. We are also looking better then we have in a while squad wise. Not been perfect on the park yet but looks like we are starting to see improvements.

I am not setting myself up for a fall by predicting victories or getting carried away setting standards for performances, be they that of the players or the managers.

We are still very much a work in progress. I like the progress we are making btw and will go into this next game versus them with a quiet confidence. But i will also be able to absorb and digest a defeat if need be and take it for what it is at this point in our rebuild.

I am not going to corner myself into an absolute position about who must or what must be acheived, certainly not a fortnight before the game. That is early, even for on here!

I would bite your hand off for a scrappy 1 goal win deflected off anyone's erse right now.
Far far far to sensible young man this will never catch on lol

Honestly now. Ban their fans and their board from attending. Return monies for tickets purchased. %^*& them. Take any fine that comes our way for it. Worth it.

Imho we have to score first,ideally like the way we started against HIVS, if they score 1st it'll be business as usual from where they are concerned l,but if we start fast and score 1st, it'll be new territory for them and there fans and I think there arse would collapse:);)
We have scored first and still got beat. However, I think we need to score first to have any chance. I would bite your hand for a draw. They are better than us, let's not kid ourselves. If we can play to our best we can give them a game. I just think they will score as their front four are good. A draw is a good result and keeps the pressure on. Assuming things stand as they are.

I think we will probably get beat given the quality of the two teams. They still unfortunately have better players than us.

I'd take a draw right now.

Latest posts

Back