Adel Taarabt tests positive for covid 19

He's been training with their squad all week, so I doubt he'll be the last one ruled out.

However, I do hope we avoid picking it up from some of their players that haven't shown symptoms yet, but test positive in the few days after the game.
Fucksake ah I hate reading things like this.
Wish they would just forfeit the game.

Anyone not self isolating by default the week before playing Rangers quite simply just don’t know how high this goes

Midfielder Adel Taarabt is the latest case of infection by covid-19 in the Benfica squad.

The Moroccan player, who is since Friday in Portugal after representing his team, had a positive test, thus joining the German Julian Weigl and the Uruguayan Darwin Núñez, who have been away from the team since last week for the same reason.

In this sense, Taarabt is another casualty for the next games of the incarnates. The next match is already Thursday with Rangers, in Scotland, for which Jorge Jesus will not have the three infected with covid-19, in addition to the injured André Almeida, Todibo, Nuno Tavares and Pedrinho.
Is it wrong of me to say....... Yaaaaaaaasssssssss!!! ..... ?

Midfielder Adel Taarabt is the latest case of infection by covid-19 in the Benfica squad.

The Moroccan player, who is since Friday in Portugal after representing his team, had a positive test, thus joining the German Julian Weigl and the Uruguayan Darwin Núñez, who have been away from the team since last week for the same reason.

In this sense, Taarabt is another casualty for the next games of the incarnates. The next match is already Thursday with Rangers, in Scotland, for which Jorge Jesus will not have the three infected with covid-19, in addition to the injured André Almeida, Todibo, Nuno Tavares and Pedrinho.
Daily Record are going to love this.
“Brave Benfica Youths robbed in 4-0 loss to jammy Gers”

For anyone alleging a conspiracy, a Rangers player tested positive this week too.

Lewis Ferguson’s close contact and pal Ross McCrorie :))

Our investment from the Far East includes a man made virus courtesy of the Chinese Government. They knew our players would dodge the virus as it only affects those who don't adhere to basic hygiene standards.

That's what the mad dragon procession at Ibrox was about in January. Nothing to do with Chinese New Year, it was an ancient Chinese ritual to protect us from the impending Coronavirus.

That's what the mad dragon procession at Ibrox was about in January. Nothing to do with Chinese New Year, it was an ancient Chinese ritual to protect us from the impending Coronavirus.

Julian Woldhardt owner of DCP - Dehong Coronavirus Protection

They’ll have good players who ever starts I would imagine.

Perhaps fortune is favouring us but I’m not going to have a meltdown if we draw the game.

Ok.... send this team to play the last game :))

Firth
Patterson Edmundson Bassey
Barjonas Zungu Stewart Barker
Jones Itten Middleton

......they can play whatever position they want. Kevin Thompson can be our man on the dug-out.
You're having a bit of a mare here. :))

Firth, Edmundson, Jones & Middleton can't play, as they aren't in the squad.

Win on Thursday. Win next thurs (H to Liege).

Send the lassies team to play our last group game (A to Lech Poznań)
Hopfully win them all mate get the prize money to the maximum! Play like we can and we've a right good chance imo. benfica missing some key players we won't have a better chance of beating them

Hopfully win them all mate get the prize money to the maximum! Play like we can and we've a right good chance imo. benfica missing some key players we won't have a better chance of beating them
Or qualifying and not risking certain players in the last 2 games.

I think with the players they have ruled out now this makes us favourites we should come away with 3 points if it wasn't for Nunez in Lisbon we'd have the slippers on all ready

Lech Poznan will be hoping we win with a good possibility we play a weakened team in the final fixture, possibly giving them a chance to get above Benfica.

The Masonic Covid strikes again!

Reactions: fmp
I think one win in the next 3 will see us through surely?
If that one win is v Poznan, we are guaranteed to go through, otherwise we need one win and one draw to guarantee going through.

Even if we beat Benfica, we could still go out if results go a certain way.

Send the lassies team to play our last group game (A to Lech Poznań)
That's extremely sexist, talking like girls' football is inferior.

OK. I get your point. A bunch of nancy boys could probably turn out and beat the ladies, but just maybe if the girls were butch enough, they could spring a surprise.

Let's get into the 21st century guys.

If that one win is v Poznan, we are guaranteed to go through, otherwise we need one win and one draw to guarantee going through.

Even if we beat Benfica, we could still go out if results go a certain way.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it put us mathematically through, but I would be happy to predict one win will see us through. I just can't see us going out from this position.

OK. I get your point. A bunch of nancy boys could probably turn out and beat the ladies, but just maybe if the girls were butch enough, they could spring a surprise.

The girls team is inferior to the men's team. I fail to see your point here.

No different from saying "send the kids."

Must only be a matter of time before we’re hit in some capacity. Need to make the most of it now.

nah mate. We are immune from the virus according to the papes. Infact it was us who started the virus to stop their 10 in a row. Doesn’t affect any of our players or staff. Good Masonic virus.

by the time any of our players are affected we will have a vaccine out

If we win and Liege do aswell then we are through.
If we beat Benfica and Liege win or even draw, then we are guaranteed to go through.

The only way we could go out after beating Benfica, would be if the following results came in (points after each game in brackets):

Rangers (10) beat Benfica (7)
Poznan (6) beat Liege (0)

Liege (3) beat Rangers (10)
Benfica (8) draw with Poznan (7)

Poznan (10) beat Rangers (10) by 2 goals
Benfica (11) beat Liege (3)

With those results Poznan would put us out on head to head.

Not at all......

I’m merely pointing out an opportunity to get the females some european experience.

As it happens - they’re not registered in the europa league squad so it’s not possible on this occasion ;)

1m Euros for winning the group, rather than 500k for finishing Runners-up, plus 570k Euros for a match win and an additional share of the money in the unallocated pot for drawn games.

One or two will be rested, but with over £1m at stake, the amount of money on offer means that we'll still put out a strong team.

Not a chance Gerrard will be looking at it that way. Not in a million years.

If we’re through as winners of the group before the last game, you can bet your mortgage that Gerrard will be looking beyond to the game away to Dundee Utd.

If we beat Benfica and Liege win or even draw, then we are guaranteed to go through.

The only way we could go out after beating Benfica, would be if the following results came in (points after each game in brackets):

Rangers (10) beat Benfica (7)
Poznan (6) beat Liege (0)

Liege (3) beat Rangers (10)
Benfica (8) draw with Poznan (7)

Poznan (10) beat Rangers (10) by 2 goals
Benfica (11) beat Liege (3)

With those results Poznan would put us out on head to head.
Man that gives me the fear. Hope Liege find their mettle tomorrow.

Not a chance Gerrard will be looking at it that way. Not in a million years.

If we’re through as winners of the group before the last game, you can bet your mortgage that Gerrard will be looking beyond to the game away to Dundee Utd.
Think we are at cross purposes. I never mentioned us already having won the group. That would make a big difference.

I was talking about us needing to win the last game to win the group. If we go into the last game having already qualified but needing a win to see us top the group, we will put out a strong team. It really wouldn't be a problem, as we have 2 players for every position.

As I've previously stated, winning the last game and the group would be worth over £1m, plus it could give us a seeding in the next knock-out round (worth E1.1m) and also improve our co-efficient for future years.

There is far too much at stake to look beyond that game and rest too many players. One game at a time and all that.

I very much doubt Gerrard would even consider it, but if he did, the Board would be negligent not to remind him of how much the game is worth, when we are running at a loss.

Last edited:
Somebody was saying yesterday on the TV that Covid doesn't know it's Xmas etc about allowing u to meet family members shite but apparently it knows when a Rangers game is on :))

Where’s the lad Gary(not sure if correct) with telling us what the opposition fans are saying on there forum then :))??

Or qualifying and not risking certain players in the last 2 games.
How good would that be

able to rest McGregor kent tav morelos goldson arfield aribo in the last two games as we are through to the next round

Back