Adidas loses three stripe trademark battle ?

So good, it needed posted twice. :p
So does this then :D

Adidas said in a statement it was “disappointed” with the ruling, but said it only applied to one specific version of the motif — three thick black lines in parallel separated by two thinner white lines.

The ruling “does not impact on the broad scope of protection that Adidas has on its well-known 3-Stripe mark in various forms in Europe,” the company said.

Judge is away with the fairies. It is one of the most recognisable logos in the world. People of all ages/sex/race know adidas ffs. Probably had a pair of Nike on under his gown
Yip, Adidas had the three stripes since I was a kid, which wasn’t yesterday.
Always known as such to the point that the alternatives became a Micky take.
Like when some of us had the Adidas four stripe boots, from Woolies.

I had the boots in the seventies with the 3 stripes. I'm sure later on they made it 4. Maybe Adidas took them to court.

As a kid in the 1970's, I had the black trainers with the three yellow stripes from Woolies. Strutting around the place with my fake Adidas. :))

The mob that make the GAA jerseys use the three stripes on their tops, I remember reading somewhere that Adidas tried to stop them but they couldn't.

Yip, Adidas had the three stripes since I was a kid, which wasn’t yesterday.
Always known as such to the point that the alternatives became a Micky take.
Like when some of us had the Adidas four stripe boots, from Woolies.
But if you were clever enough with a stanley blade and removed one stripe,they very quickly turned into Adidas. :cool:

The winfield Adidas I remember had hard plastic soles which made it impossible to stop quickly on the school gym floor. Try a cruyff turn with these babies and you were on your arse before you knew it. Jealous as fu@k at the few boys from better off families with their sambas’ on.

Judge is away with the fairies. It is one of the most recognisable logos in the world. People of all ages/sex/race know adidas ffs. Probably had a pair of Nike on under his gown

Same thought as me, although I remember getting a pair of 'Tommy Docherty' junior boots for my Christmas back in 1963and they also had three stripes.

Adidas
Horrible memories of Winfield and Panther Adidas 4 Stripe from Woolies yet my younger brother managed to get a pair of Adidas Kick.
WTF mum and dad!!!:mad:

Reminds me of the limmy xmas sketch. Aww naw these have got 4 stripes! Adidas have got 3!!

Back