Adios Diego Costa

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Atletico have apparently agreed to pay over 50m to Chelsea for his services.

He's good but that's also decent business for both clubs. A profit for Chelsea and two championships and a hat full of goals and almost as many controversies.

Love or hate him, the EPL will be a duller place without the mental bastard.

Shame to se him go in this manner, should have been able to leave on a high after winning the league although I understand he isn't exactly blameless. The game needs people like Costa, Zlatan etc so will be a loss to the EPL. A great player and I am glad I seen him play (and score) live.

As you say, paisleyprod, the EPL will be a duller place without the madman LOL

Not a bad life.........plan a trip on a jet-ski following the sun until January.

Had Chelsea by the bollocks, highlights just how crazy the football world has became financially.

He's a superb player but makes sense for Chelsea to part ways as he simply didn't want to be there.

To get that much for a player that refused to play for any other club is great business. In a normal situation he is probably worth more.

He's an absolute and utter cûnt and English football is better without him. Maybe some of the Chelsea fans on here will now be man enough to admit that with the despicable elbows and stamps he was deliberately attempting to put opponents out of the game. It's the exact same that we are rightly livid at Brown getting away with.

I used to defend Suarez but in the end there is no defending the indefensible and some of their behaviour overshadows their undoubted talents.

I sit next to a Chelsea fan now at work and he is glad to see the back of him. He said that we wanted him gone in the summer. His thoughts were 'great striker but no place for all the petulance and attempts to harm opponents'. He said 'the kind of player you like playing for you but despise if he plays for an opponent due to his cûntishness'.

Last edited:
I think it will benefit Chelsea off the park that he's away, on the pitch i'm not sure if Morata will turn out to be a better striker on the park.

Costa used to run the Arsenal defence ragged & was a constant nuisance with his aggression, i thought that Morata was handled pretty well in the last week. Still early days of course, i'm sure he'll improve further as he adapts to the English game.

So he cannot play until January and Chelsea get £50m and him off their wage bill, seems a good deal for Chelsea.

They will miss him on the pitch but certainly not off it.

50 million for a player who is basically worthless to Chelsea after going awol is a great deal.

Superrangers Liverpool should've signed him, might have given them a bit of fight rather than a team full of pussys haha

Morelos has a similar temperament and I love it makes him the player he is, same with Costa.

I look forward to seeing him playing again. He will add a bit of spice to the big matches in La Liga.

I'm pretty surprised he didn't just sit tight and envoke the Webster Ruling, they'd have got him for a lot less than £50m.

It looks great business done by Chelsea, he was never going to play for them again, very surprised they paid so much, wonder if there is another deal in the offing for one of Atletico's players.

Back