Admiral - City Centre Slophouse Closing

Used to be a good pub 2003-2004 or so.

Used to drink in it & play darts all the time.

Finish work on the Broomielaw at 5, stock up on "supplies" for the weekend, Admiral, underground to my mate's flat on PRW, consume supplies, hide any remaining supplies in my shoe, emerge from Arches as it closes, climb the big plastic trees that used to be on Buchanan Street before making fun of passers-by, get the first bus home about 6am, die on my arse till Wednesday.

Shame The Admiral turned into what it did.

Muscular Arms was definitely a gay bar at that time. Admiral wasn't. May have had the odd event down in the basement but the pub itself was never a gay bar.
smirk-modern-family.gif

Worked in the Garage in the late 90s when Dave Ross and his brother (was it his brother?), ran the place. Was filled with filth supporters. Gavin Reed was another.... he was a little wanker along with Ross. Who else was there, Sandro and his brother maybe? Brian McLaughlin (I think) too... all filth fans.
Was that Sandro that used to work behind the bar in the old Cathouse?

Ross is a rat bastard - years ago he promoted rebel nights like The Peatdiggers. Mate of mine worked at the Sun back then and done a story about it - he got onto Ross who shat his pants and sang like a canary so long as his name was kept out the paper - a dirty stinking grass.

Phil McGillivan promoted his book and done a talk there.

I see they’ve taken over The Woods along the road and it will open as The Admiral Woods.

Newco Admiral. Their regulars did do walking away and let their pub die.

Back