Adrian Goldberg investigates Celtic Boys Club scandal

daviemc1872

a hard listen , but hopefully gains the attention near and far, i actually spoke to a celtic fan in work a few weeks back and he totally condemned it and said once its all out there will be so many regretting not speaking out and remaining silent.

he's also had abuse on social media for calling it out.

El Jock Grande Sabia

It is a difficult listen, not because of the details of abuse, but by the emotion from the Grey family and Gordon himself. Very touching I got upset listening to them. I'm now past caring what happens to that manky scum Club, I just want justice for the CBC abuse Survivors.
That's almost exactly what I came on to post. When Michelle was asked to reply to Gordon's statement, it was extremely emotional for me & I'm not involved in any way. How these 2 people & the rest of the victims carry on with their lives is amazing. These people really do deserve all the help & assistance they can can get.

sg9375

Good God that was a hard listen. FFS these poor souls and the others out there too. That freaking club needs brought to justice and burned to the ground.

TommyEgan

I should clarify my post TE what I meant was he will understand the levels of vitriol and online abuse once tgfitw start on him.
Ah fair enough, my comment seemed a tad accusatory, it wasn't meant that way lol. Was just curious if you'd listened. Trying to listen to it now.

chosen few

Hand on heart, it is not because it is them, much as I hate them, I like to think that I am a decent human being and would feel the same if it were our club, maybe because I am a grandfather now, but the thought of an adult taking advantage of a child fills me with revulsion, what I cannot get my head around is where are the parents shouting blue murder, you would have thought there would be a mob of angry mothers with pitchforks outside demanding answers, the thing that sticks in the throat is the moral superiority of them, the bare faced cheek is sickening, and then we have the craven cowardice of the media, politicians and police Scotland who are all complicit in the cover up , there is one thing I can say with absolute certainty and that is if this was my club I would never darken their door again.

SasaPapacLoyal54

Every tim who plays the 'pountscoring' argument when confronted over this should listen to that.

Their club's cover up started in the 60s and continues to this day.

Yet still all the average tim is interested in attacking the victims and those who support them.

Jim Smith

That was a hard listen. It’s absolutely unbelievable what they are trying to cover up, but then again it’s Celt*c so maybe not

johnredx

I hope and pray I am wrong, but I honestly don't think Gordon or Michelle or her mother and the other people who were abused will get the justice they deserve in this country, the Politicians, Police and Media are complicit in the cover up of this abuse, and in the SNPs case they are reliant on the Catholic and celtic vote in the West of Scotland.
I fear that the only way they will get the result they deserve is to somehow get into the English courts, hopefully the high court, but I am very doubtful.

150EdmistonDrive

It will take an independent agency from outside Scotland to reveal to the world of the gruesome activities that have taken place at that horrific club, and then covered up by Scottish politicians.
if there is any hint that outside agencies are investigating deeply into this scandal and going for a big reveal then surely the authorities in Scotland and I use that term loosely, would have to investigate same, otherwise they will be seen as complicit and therefore culpable. Are they so entrenched that they would let themselves take a fall if an external investigation sank the ship - Surely not?

DannyG

Can’t cover up?
Vatican is still getting away with it.
they even promote the offenders in their church.
spent millions and I mean millions to families to keep quiet.
The whole essence of the Catholic church is control if anyone doubts there power we are witnessing it now how many more scandals are there worldwide we will never be aware of as Catholic law supercedes national law.They have been doing it for centuries and we should never under estimate their power we can only shine the light and hope for justice in a sea of depravity that is Catholicism.

Gary Mitchell

The whole essence of the Catholic church is control if anyone doubts there power we are witnessing it now how many more scandals are there worldwide we will never be aware of as Catholic law supercedes national law.They have been doing it for centuries and we should never under estimate their power we can only shine the light and hope for justice in a sea of depravity that is Catholicism.
Spot on mate with a massive side order of shame in order to silence survivors, well the dam is about to burst on that the only folk (and I use that term loosely) rightfully shamed will be the perpetrators no matter how much voodoo no worky they've tried to unburden themselves.

Bluerob

Hazylight1989

Celtic are passed to point of no return years ago however I get the feeling that the sands are shifting - a lot of their more passive fans are starting to voice displeasure about their club being dragged to court to do what is clearly the right thing - one of the sad things about this whole sorry situation is that they have had hundreds of oppertunities to see what Man City and Chelsea did and do the right thing however they boneheadedly refused.

BN94

What puzzles me , where are all the books investigating this cesspit of depravity ?

How many books were written about our tax case and so called ' demise '

Unless I missed it , there has been none about this far more serious matter
The other thread shows everything that we’ve been up against. The world needs to know what has gone on at that club. We had to take it outside Scotland.

Noddy

I hope and pray I am wrong, but I honestly don't think Gordon or Michelle or her mother and the other people who were abused will get the justice they deserve in this country, the Politicians, Police and Media are complicit in the cover up of this abuse, and in the SNPs case they are reliant on the Catholic and celtic vote in the West of Scotland.
I fear that the only way they will get the result they deserve is to somehow get into the English courts, hopefully the high court, but I am very doubtful.
You are. They can't stop what's coming, nobody can.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
Hand on heart, it is not because it is them, much as I hate them, I like to think that I am a decent human being and would feel the same if it were our club, maybe because I am a grandfather now, but the thought of an adult taking advantage of a child fills me with revulsion, what I cannot get my head around is where are the parents shouting blue murder, you would have thought there would be a mob of angry mothers with pitchforks outside demanding answers, the thing that sticks in the throat is the moral superiority of them, the bare faced cheek is sickening, and then we have the craven cowardice of the media, politicians and police Scotland who are all complicit in the cover up , there is one thing I can say with absolute certainty and that is if this was my club I would never darken their door again.
The first part of your post sums up everything wrong in this country.

It's almost as if you have to explain yourself and justify why you want the survivors to have their day.

No, you can't just be outraged at the fact a half century of child abuse has destroyed countless lives while those responsible backed by the politicians of the day actively mock the victims.

You're not allowed to be disgusted by that in Scotland, it must be because you're a Rangers fan.

Zwingli'sSausages

Not an easy listen :confused: . Not sure I could have had th courage to do that myself if I was in their position.
Michelle and Gordon are two amazing people. Real heroes. I temporarily signed back up to Twitter a few months back and ended up having a lot of contact with both Michelle, and (a lot more) Gordon.
They are two very brave people, putting their heads above the parapet.

I urge all to get a copy of Gordon’s book. Especially direct from him.

Grigo Yossarian

I just finished listening to the Adrian Goldberg podcast.

Amazingly strong people.

Massive respect to them & I really hope that they can encourage & inspire others to be as brave & allow themselves to get closure of this issue in their lives.

And massive respect to a TRUE JOURNALIST Adrian in actually standing up on this issue.

He has shamed the amateurs & bigots of the SMSM.

AbronhillBear

Celtic are passed to point of no return years ago however I get the feeling that the sands are shifting - a lot of their more passive fans are starting to voice displeasure about their club being dragged to court to do what is clearly the right thing - one of the sad things about this whole sorry situation is that they have had hundreds of oppertunities to see what Man City and Chelsea did and do the right thing however they boneheadedly refused.
My opinion is the reason they never did what Chelsea and Man City did was and not to trivalise horrendous cases in England. Far from it, they were horrific but they knew what had went on up here was on a completely different scale.
I dread to think what will come out over the next few months.

Ubik

Looks like some serious stuff is being done in the background by someone not wanting this aired
it's definitely gone from soundcloud, very strange. I found it here but it wont play for me either