Adrian Goldberg investigates Celtic Boys Club scandal

It has been covered up by not only politicians, but also by the police, the press, the club and the general RC population at large.
It is almost beyond belief than none of these people give a damn about child welfare in our country.
This is a shameful episode in the history of our country, hopefully it will soon be fully addressed.

It is a national scandal and should be considered and treated as such by Holyrood. That they instead deliberately ignore it says everything.

Agree. They did manage to get all the facts out though. Celtic press office couldn’t be reached by Mr Goldberg.
He should maybe go under cover as a victim. I'm willing to bet that could be revealing.
Underhand, admittedly, but when those being investigated are making themselves difficult to reach its sometimes the only way.

That was a really tough listen. Far too close to home.

Have two family members who suffered similar and didn't admit to it until later lives. I can honestly say Michelle's and Gordon's descriptions of their behaviours were identical to what my family members were like before opening up. Their mother went to her grave not knowing what was wrong with her children, thinking she'd done something wrong.

The abuse Michelle and Gordon receive online, on top of the pain and grief they already suffer honestly breaks my heart.

Pretty depressing for your cause when a journalists reaction is try and point score with Rangers fans- any normal country a journalists ears would be pricked and all over the story. Hopefully when all over these so called journalists can be named and shamed.

A
He's a decent journo, I heard him many a time on 5Live and elsewhere. Not a 'Rottweiler' but dogged and will do a good job on this. He's Premier League to Timmy Thompson's Championship status - although as this is a podcast the audience will be severely restricted. Shame its not on the BBC.
Could someone not pick this up?

What needs to happen a netflix documentary on this scandal to open alot of peoples eyes and expose the real truth and the damage that has been done to the victims. Similar to the R kelly documentary and the Epstein one

I watched the Epstein and Athlete A docs. Something similar to the latter would be very welcome

I don't think we've even scratched the surface of the Celtc* paedo scandal yet. There have been numerous convictions already and there could be a lot more in the future if yet unknown victims decide to come forward. This filth has went on for more than 40 years.

I don't usually comment on the Celtic child abuse scandal and I can't bring myself to listen to the pod cast however, I applaud a serious investigation from a respected journo.

Catholicism is a scourge in this world and apparently really good at deflecting child abuse no matter how transparent it is.

I don't usually comment on the Celtic child abuse scandal and I can't bring myself to listen to the pod cast however, I applaud a serious investigation from a respected journo.

Catholicism is a scourge in this world and apparently really good at deflecting child abuse no matter how transparent it is.

Exactly this, this is far bigger than Sellick. This boils down to a religion and it's disgusting practices, a religion that has people in power in all walks of life who have covered stuff like this up for decades.

Watched netflix programme about the usa gymnastics team and what went on there and nearly every paper had it headlined unlike our shower of so called journo's
Aye I just finished and chilling similarities in the abuse and subsequent cover up.

As upset as I am angry and I'm raging.

Mr Woods has been unable to express natural affection towards his own children listening to that.

He has only been able to do this recently, in his 60's.

Celtic's paedophiles have badly hurt two generations of the Woods family.

My heart goes out a truly brave, resolute and compassionate man and every victim left in Cellic's wake.

Justice must prevail.

Exactly this, this is far bigger than Sellick. This boils down to a religion and it's disgusting practices, a religion that has people in power in all walks of life who have covered stuff like this up for decades.
Lawell wants this to go away using the excuse everyone was at it. The problem though is no they weren't. Yes it seemed endemic within the RC church but his club provided an enthusiastic outlet for the abuse at local level. My old man tells me he went to Free Church Sunday school, weekends away throughout his childhood in the 60's. Whilst he hated every minute of it there was never the slightest sign of sex abuse. Maybe the reason was they tended to be in the company mostly of women, the ministers wife and women from the congregation. Therein, possibly, lies the difference.

There is a special place in hell for these people. For Celtic it's always been about the money. There is not one shred of morality within the club. The supporters are brain-washed (those with any brains) to believe it's all untrue. All the Champions League money they make won't be enough o compensate their victims. The press in this country should hang their head in shame. By ignoring the issue, they are complicit.

It really was. Listening to survivors talk about how abuse has affected their lives is very emotional. The suffering these people have endured is incalculable.
The abuse survivors who are leading the campaign for justice receive is shocking too. It's orchestrated. Makes you ask who is behind it. Scotland is a very dark place when it comes to paedophilia.
It really is shameful the Scottish Parliament can have a debate, with itself, where paid politicians stand there and denounce everything “white” for several hours but they can’t find the time to investigate systematic sexual abuse of children at one of the largest sporting clubs in the country.

Actually, shameful doesn’t begin to describe their behaviour, it’s bordering on criminal neglect.

When he gets the pile on from the bheast protectors he will understand what Michelle Gordon and others have been going through. That will be the eye-opener for him.
You listened to it yet? He refers to Michelle on it, so would hope he already knows what its been like for her.

a hard listen , but hopefully gains the attention near and far, i actually spoke to a celtic fan in work a few weeks back and he totally condemned it and said once its all out there will be so many regretting not speaking out and remaining silent.

he's also had abuse on social media for calling it out.

It is a difficult listen, not because of the details of abuse, but by the emotion from the Grey family and Gordon himself. Very touching I got upset listening to them. I'm now past caring what happens to that manky scum Club, I just want justice for the CBC abuse Survivors.
That's almost exactly what I came on to post. When Michelle was asked to reply to Gordon's statement, it was extremely emotional for me & I'm not involved in any way. How these 2 people & the rest of the victims carry on with their lives is amazing. These people really do deserve all the help & assistance they can can get.

Good God that was a hard listen. FFS these poor souls and the others out there too. That freaking club needs brought to justice and burned to the ground.

I should clarify my post TE what I meant was he will understand the levels of vitriol and online abuse once tgfitw start on him.
Ah fair enough, my comment seemed a tad accusatory, it wasn't meant that way lol. Was just curious if you'd listened. Trying to listen to it now.

Hand on heart, it is not because it is them, much as I hate them, I like to think that I am a decent human being and would feel the same if it were our club, maybe because I am a grandfather now, but the thought of an adult taking advantage of a child fills me with revulsion, what I cannot get my head around is where are the parents shouting blue murder, you would have thought there would be a mob of angry mothers with pitchforks outside demanding answers, the thing that sticks in the throat is the moral superiority of them, the bare faced cheek is sickening, and then we have the craven cowardice of the media, politicians and police Scotland who are all complicit in the cover up , there is one thing I can say with absolute certainty and that is if this was my club I would never darken their door again.

Every tim who plays the 'pountscoring' argument when confronted over this should listen to that.

Their club's cover up started in the 60s and continues to this day.

Yet still all the average tim is interested in attacking the victims and those who support them.

That was a hard listen. It’s absolutely unbelievable what they are trying to cover up, but then again it’s Celt*c so maybe not

I hope and pray I am wrong, but I honestly don't think Gordon or Michelle or her mother and the other people who were abused will get the justice they deserve in this country, the Politicians, Police and Media are complicit in the cover up of this abuse, and in the SNPs case they are reliant on the Catholic and celtic vote in the West of Scotland.
I fear that the only way they will get the result they deserve is to somehow get into the English courts, hopefully the high court, but I am very doubtful.

It will take an independent agency from outside Scotland to reveal to the world of the gruesome activities that have taken place at that horrific club, and then covered up by Scottish politicians.
if there is any hint that outside agencies are investigating deeply into this scandal and going for a big reveal then surely the authorities in Scotland and I use that term loosely, would have to investigate same, otherwise they will be seen as complicit and therefore culpable. Are they so entrenched that they would let themselves take a fall if an external investigation sank the ship - Surely not?

Can’t cover up?
Vatican is still getting away with it.
they even promote the offenders in their church.
spent millions and I mean millions to families to keep quiet.
The whole essence of the Catholic church is control if anyone doubts there power we are witnessing it now how many more scandals are there worldwide we will never be aware of as Catholic law supercedes national law.They have been doing it for centuries and we should never under estimate their power we can only shine the light and hope for justice in a sea of depravity that is Catholicism.

The whole essence of the Catholic church is control if anyone doubts there power we are witnessing it now how many more scandals are there worldwide we will never be aware of as Catholic law supercedes national law.They have been doing it for centuries and we should never under estimate their power we can only shine the light and hope for justice in a sea of depravity that is Catholicism.
Spot on mate with a massive side order of shame in order to silence survivors, well the dam is about to burst on that the only folk (and I use that term loosely) rightfully shamed will be the perpetrators no matter how much voodoo no worky they've tried to unburden themselves.

Back