Adrian Goldberg investigates Celtic Boys Club scandal

Celtic are passed to point of no return years ago however I get the feeling that the sands are shifting - a lot of their more passive fans are starting to voice displeasure about their club being dragged to court to do what is clearly the right thing - one of the sad things about this whole sorry situation is that they have had hundreds of oppertunities to see what Man City and Chelsea did and do the right thing however they boneheadedly refused.

What puzzles me , where are all the books investigating this cesspit of depravity ?

How many books were written about our tax case and so called ' demise '

Unless I missed it , there has been none about this far more serious matter
The other thread shows everything that we’ve been up against. The world needs to know what has gone on at that club. We had to take it outside Scotland.

I hope and pray I am wrong, but I honestly don't think Gordon or Michelle or her mother and the other people who were abused will get the justice they deserve in this country, the Politicians, Police and Media are complicit in the cover up of this abuse, and in the SNPs case they are reliant on the Catholic and celtic vote in the West of Scotland.
I fear that the only way they will get the result they deserve is to somehow get into the English courts, hopefully the high court, but I am very doubtful.
You are. They can't stop what's coming, nobody can.

Hand on heart, it is not because it is them, much as I hate them, I like to think that I am a decent human being and would feel the same if it were our club, maybe because I am a grandfather now, but the thought of an adult taking advantage of a child fills me with revulsion, what I cannot get my head around is where are the parents shouting blue murder, you would have thought there would be a mob of angry mothers with pitchforks outside demanding answers, the thing that sticks in the throat is the moral superiority of them, the bare faced cheek is sickening, and then we have the craven cowardice of the media, politicians and police Scotland who are all complicit in the cover up , there is one thing I can say with absolute certainty and that is if this was my club I would never darken their door again.

The first part of your post sums up everything wrong in this country.

It's almost as if you have to explain yourself and justify why you want the survivors to have their day.

No, you can't just be outraged at the fact a half century of child abuse has destroyed countless lives while those responsible backed by the politicians of the day actively mock the victims.

You're not allowed to be disgusted by that in Scotland, it must be because you're a Rangers fan.

Not an easy listen :confused: . Not sure I could have had th courage to do that myself if I was in their position.

Michelle and Gordon are two amazing people. Real heroes. I temporarily signed back up to Twitter a few months back and ended up having a lot of contact with both Michelle, and (a lot more) Gordon.
They are two very brave people, putting their heads above the parapet.

I urge all to get a copy of Gordon’s book. Especially direct from him.

I just finished listening to the Adrian Goldberg podcast.

Amazingly strong people.

Massive respect to them & I really hope that they can encourage & inspire others to be as brave & allow themselves to get closure of this issue in their lives.

And massive respect to a TRUE JOURNALIST Adrian in actually standing up on this issue.

He has shamed the amateurs & bigots of the SMSM.

Celtic are passed to point of no return years ago however I get the feeling that the sands are shifting - a lot of their more passive fans are starting to voice displeasure about their club being dragged to court to do what is clearly the right thing - one of the sad things about this whole sorry situation is that they have had hundreds of oppertunities to see what Man City and Chelsea did and do the right thing however they boneheadedly refused.

My opinion is the reason they never did what Chelsea and Man City did was and not to trivalise horrendous cases in England. Far from it, they were horrific but they knew what had went on up here was on a completely different scale.
I dread to think what will come out over the next few months.

I listened to that interview earlier and quelle surprise it’s been removed

No doubt the mentally challengeds have been on complaining

Hopefully Adrian Goldberg realises now what is happening in Scotland and it backfires on the scum if other news outlets realise what’s going on

We know Nonce FC are trying to cover up again and it’s their usual tactics of bullying

Go on Adrian let the world know that Paedos in Scotland are protected and an independent investigation is urgently required by the UK Govt as Scot Govt are involved in the cover up to along with Nonce FC

Put yourself in Adrian’s Goldbergs position. He releases a shocking, devastatingly sad and compelling investigating piece. What happens not 12 hours after release? It’s pulled off all platforms!

You’d be livid. But not only livid, you have other investigative reporters as friends. Friends you can pass on not only what happened at parkhead, but also what happened to him when he dared release a podcast about it.

This could be a massive own goal. And that is something we can be thankful for.

The first part of your post sums up everything wrong in this country.

It's almost as if you have to explain yourself and justify why you want the survivors to have their day.

No, you can't just be outraged at the fact a half century of child abuse has destroyed countless lives while those responsible backed by the politicians of the day actively mock the victims.

You're not allowed to be disgusted by that in Scotland, it must be because you're a Rangers fan.
These boys were abused by men in power at a football club they themselves loved. Anyone with an ounce of decency and compassion would be crying for them and their ruined childhoods. The strength the survivors and their relatives have shown is something else.

This should transcend football allegiances. “But Rangers....” shouldn’t come into it.

Paedophiles sneak their way in everywhere (especially back in the day when checks weren’t as rigid as they are today). That is not an issue specific to Celtic. But the treatment of the perpetrators IS specific to them and it appears they facilitated these abusers knowing full well what they were and what they’d previously done.

Only in modern Scotland would you find people
who just don’t care about the victims of child sexual abuse.

Put yourself in Adrian’s Goldbergs position. He releases a shocking, devastatingly sad and compelling investigating piece. What happens not 12 hours after release? It’s pulled off all platforms!

You’d be livid. But not only livid, you have other investigative reporters as friends. Friends you can pass on not only what happened at parkhead, but also what happened to him when he dared release a podcast about it.

I had exactly this thought UU.

Hope you are right.

Sinister and to the Scottish Mhedia I say hang you’re heads in shame as you cowards.

If this has been removed to deny the public an insight of what has been going on for (as one post said), half a century, then I would use the word COMPLICIT.
They seem to be stifling every avenue of publicity that these brave people go down.
It is a national disgrace that this abhorrent crime is being hidden by lawyers, denying justice to people who should have their grievances and crimes committed against them, heard by these very people who swore to uphold the law.
They are COMPLICIT.

Listening to that Nevin interview was the first time I really thought they should have lost their licence. I was raging and I’m normally quite a calm person. The fact he was laughing and to some extent excusing his silence (despite his media role), and then sought to widen the relationship between the boys club and the big club (until Beattie pulled him back) has shocked me. He was the polar opposite to Michelle Gray. She came across as calm, caring, dignified, hurt, devastated. He came across as a total fud.

Good point. If he has any professional pride he will be even more determined.

Back