Adrian Goldberg investigates Celtic Boys Club scandal

mike_graham_deportation.png

" Celtic. The paedo's football club."

Never has a truer word been spoken.

As I posted earlier their reach is long and powerful. Also said that it's the tip of the iceberg, one of the bheasts (priest) on CNN in Ohio caught posing as a female online to get pictures of young boys, it's ingrained into those perverts and is seen not so much as a crime but as normal behavior they have indeed got a very weird religion.

Pretty depressing for your cause when a journalists reaction is try and point score with Rangers fans- any normal country a journalists ears would be pricked and all over the story. Hopefully when all over these so called journalists can be named and shamed.

Who's the so called journalist?

Torbett abuses children and is kicked out of Parkhead in the 70's, unfuc*ingbelievably Torbett is welcomed back to Parkhead directors box and resumes the abuse of children in the 80's. Frank Cairney is kicked out of Parkhead in 1991 for abusing children but is back at Parkhead in 1994 to welcome new manager Tommy Burns . This must be a wind up surely.That no public enquiry has been held is a stain on all of Scotland and ESPECIALLY Celtic. That their fans look the other way and accuse victims of point scoring is condoning the behaviour and is SHAMEFUL in the extreme.

It has been covered up by not only politicians, but also by the police, the press, the club and the general RC population at large.
It is almost beyond belief than none of these people give a damn about child welfare in our country.
This is a shameful episode in the history of our country, hopefully it will soon be fully addressed.
Well said TH , the SFA have also had very little to say about it over the years so I hope this lot will carry out the punishment to fit the crime without worrying what Peter will say and hopefully they will carry out a punishment with the victims in mind and not CFC :mad:

It really is shameful the Scottish Parliament can have a debate, with itself, where paid politicians stand there and denounce everything “white” for several hours but they can’t find the time to investigate systematic sexual abuse of children at one of the largest sporting clubs in the country.

Actually, shameful doesn’t begin to describe their behaviour, it’s bordering on criminal neglect.

I personally think instances like that in parliament and various city council's taking a knee etc in a PR stunt and things of that ilk actually turn people against causes like BLM and dare I say it, drive them towards organisations like the EDL. They see all the pandering over something which is more or less a non issue in modern day Britain but didn't hear a peep when hundreds and thousands of young girls have been abused by Muslim gangs for years whilst those who should have been protecting them, systematically covered it up.

In Scotland the SNP and their chief toe lickers at police Scotland won't dare go after Celtic in any meaningful way because it's a guaranteed vote loser.

The only difference between us and despot dictatorships is a better PR campaign.

Some questions I have for the authorities and deniers...

When the scandal is discussed, it tends to be in the past tense, like it happened between the 60s and 90s. Then, when it gained a bit more (not nearly enough) attention, it stopped. Where is the proof of that? Yes, individuals did leave Celtic, but on what grounds was the endemic culture of abuse stamped out, and put an end to, once and for all? There seems, to me, to be a common misconception that we now live in a modern society and so these things, by default, are no longer happening within the confines of that organisation. Again, on what basis? As we've seen in other large scale organisations, it very much isn't something that's been consigned to history with brand new cases very much still being uncovered on a regular basis.

Last edited:

When the scandal is discussed, it tends to be in the past tense, like it happened between the 60s and 90s. Then when it then gained a bit more (not nearly enough) attention, it stopped. Where is the proof of that? Yes, individuals did leave Celtic, but on what grounds was the endemic culture of abuse stamped out, and put an end to once and for all? There seems, to me, to be a common misconception that we now live in a modern society and so these things, by default, are no longer happening within the confines of that organisation. Again, on what basis? As we've seen in other large scale organisations, it very much isn't something that's been consigned to history with brand new cases very still being uncovered on a regular basis.
Also did it just start in the 60's, could well have been going on long before that

Also did it just start in the 60's, could well have been going on long before that

Absolutely. Completely feasible. And only a low level, dare I say forensic (probably the wrong word) investigation can answer these questions.

Didn't they just start CBC / Torbett in 1966 ?

Has been mentioned on here last week, including by myself. Could Torbett just have come up with the idea himself or did he have a mentor?

My further speculation is if children were being sexually abused at Celtic prior to the 60s... in the 50s, 40s. After all it known that abuse has been happening within religious institutions for many years, and Celtic is a club built on religion.

One final point I wondered is when did people start idolising footballers the way they idolise film stars or singers? Was that the 50s or before?

Sadly it would be easy to lure children to a place where you could promise them access to their football heroes, whilst knowing they will stay silent about anything that happens when they are in your company.

Torbett abuses children and is kicked out of Parkhead in the 70's, unfuc*ingbelievably Torbett is welcomed back to Parkhead directors box and resumes the abuse of children in the 80's. Frank Cairney is kicked out of Parkhead in 1991 for abusing children but is back at Parkhead in 1994 to welcome new manager Tommy Burns . This must be a wind up surely.That no public enquiry has been held is a stain on all of Scotland and ESPECIALLY Celtic. That their fans look the other way and accuse victims of point scoring is condoning the behaviour and is SHAMEFUL in the extreme.

I've been banging on about this for god knows how long, it may be confusing but never let this be forgotten.

Celtic replace Torbett with Cairney due to Torbett being a paedophile, Cairney resigns due to being a paedophile. Torbett is back in the fold and Tommy Burns tries to get Cairney back.
Torbett is then replaced by Gerald King who is the paedophile who received no sentence for his crimes.

While all this is going on a bag of indecent images accredited to Cullen are found inside Celtic park, meanwhile, McCafferty is running up and down the country meeting fellow paedophiles and Celtic East's Strachan is sentenced for the second time.

Celtic's own investigators into the first allegations were Torbett, Cairney and Kevin Kelly everything was unfounded by them and described as scurrilous, the man who made the allegations Hugh Birt was forced to resign.

Sadly these are the ones that can be discussed, for the time being, there are more to follow.

This has undoubtedly been the worst paedophile ring in world sport, and it has happened on our doorstep. Scotland's media, politicians and judiciary should hang their heads in shame, they have been complicit with their inaction, and lack of will to pursue this with any vigour.

When the scandal is discussed, it tends to be in the past tense, like it happened between the 60s and 90s. Then, when it gained a bit more (not nearly enough) attention, it stopped. Where is the proof of that? Yes, individuals did leave Celtic, but on what grounds was the endemic culture of abuse stamped out, and put an end to, once and for all? There seems, to me, to be a common misconception that we now live in a modern society and so these things, by default, are no longer happening within the confines of that organisation. Again, on what basis? As we've seen in other large scale organisations, it very much isn't something that's been consigned to history with brand new cases very much still being uncovered on a regular basis.

...and it’s not historic to those suffering every day.

I've been banging on about this for god knows how long, it may be confusing but never let this be forgotten.

Celtic replace Torbett with Cairney due to Torbett being a paedophile, Cairney resigns due to being a paedophile. Torbett is back in the fold and Tommy Burns tries to get Cairney back.
Torbett is then replaced by Gerald King who is the paedophile who received no sentence for his crimes.

While all this is going on a bag of indecent images accredited to Cullen are found inside Celtic park, meanwhile, McCafferty is running up and down the country meeting fellow paedophiles and Celtic East's Strachan is sentenced for the second time.

Celtic's own investigators into the first allegations were Torbett, Cairney and Kevin Kelly everything was unfounded by them and described as scurrilous, the man who made the allegations Hugh Birt was forced to resign.

Sadly these are the ones that can be discussed, for the time being, there are more to follow.

This has undoubtedly been the worst paedophile ring in world sport, and it has happened on our doorstep. Scotland's media, politicians and judiciary should hang their heads in shame, they have been complicit with their inaction, and lack of will to pursue this with any vigour.

So well described there fella,spot on and factual.

Great post Humbug.

Great post Humbug.

The first part of your post sums up everything wrong in this country.

It's almost as if you have to explain yourself and justify why you want the survivors to have their day.

No, you can't just be outraged at the fact a half century of child abuse has destroyed countless lives while those responsible backed by the politicians of the day actively mock the victims.

You're not allowed to be disgusted by that in Scotland, it must be because you're a Rangers fan.

It is this I really, really don't understand. Where are the activists? Where are the children's rights groups? Where are the ordinary people with families outraged at it happening in our country?

How the hell did it become point scoring, weaponising or just plain taunting?

Fans of other clubs thinking it wasn't us. Nothing to do with us etc. Well i will speculate and say probably a few of your players came from that background. Players you have loved and cherished and celebrated with as part of your football family as it is known nowadays.

It might be a hard thing to think about. It might be something no one wants to talk about. The actions of the abusers are unspeakable. Children and childhoods are sacred, they need protection. That these poor kids received none of that is disgraceful.

The very least anyone can do is acknowledge their fight. Not put in the background dismissing it as some point scoring exercise.

I think the victims are owed that from everyone.

Not just us. JUSTICE.

Such a pity that it has to take a gofund page to try and get justice for the families, but if that what it takes then it should have our full support. Donations already made.

It was really moving to hear Gordon Woods talking about his guilt over not coming forward sooner and Michelle Gray's reaction to that. That guilt is one aspect I honestly hadn't even considered. Just heartbreaking.
Again, "liking" this post seems wrong but it is spot on.

The abuse doesn't start and end with the act. It infects and destroys continuously throughout these poor people's lives. It doesn't go away.

I fail to understand the disgraceful sentences handed out in Scotland.

Guy better realise what he's getting himself on for. A smear campaign will be getting set in motion now in his name. Good luck to the fella. He'll need it.

Back