Adrian Goldberg raising funds for a film on the abuse at Celtic Boys Club

Reply from martin henry at SFA on abuse report today.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email concerning the release of the Final Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

I have been waiting for a date to be agreed by the Scottish FA for submission and release of the final report. I have just heard from them that they are close to finalising the date and so I remain hopeful that the report will be published within the next few weeks. I too am very keen for the report to be published as soon as possible.

As you know the report could not be submitted and released until all of the criminal proceedings concerning those individual cases cited in the report were concluded. The last of these was concluded in early 2020. You will be aware of why this was necessary since it was already explained in the interim report in June 2018 and in the media on several occasions since then.

When the last of the criminal cases concluded one of the accused entered an appeal which further held up agreement of a release date. Similarly the report had to be submitted for legal advice before finalisation. Once all of that happened the COVID lockdown occurred once again affecting the release date for the report. It is only now that the easing of lockdown is progressing that the Scottish FA are in a position to confirm the date for me to submit the report and for it then to be released.

The personal accounts which will be provided within the final report have all been consistently open for comment and amendment by the individual survivors concerned. They too have been extremely helpful in offering their own observations, where they wished, on wider improvements they would want to see implemented within Scottish football to safeguard and protect young people. Indeed all those affected who came forward to contribute to the review and those whose personal accounts are able to be included have engaged positively with the review throughout.

The report will be submitted to the Scottish FA in the first instance since they commissioned the review and they will also agree the planned release of the report and the process for this. As I said earlier I am fully hopeful that all this will happen over the next few weeks. I am keen to see the report submitted so that the important job of improving the protection of young people in football can be continued with urgency since this was ultimately the aim of the review.

Other than the submission and release of the final report the independent review is now concluded as is my active role in leading it.

Best wishes,

Martin Henry

The tramps are great believers in the principle that if you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth. Sooner or later they were gonna find out that it doesn’t actually work like that.
It does in Scotland.
That is why being in the bigger social construct of the Union serves also as a bulwark to maintaining justice in an otherwise small society ripe for banana republic type measures to prevail, as we can already witness with the SNP.

A bit disappointed if I am honest . I had assumed it would have been an independently made documentary that would be sold to a mainstream TV company and bring this sordid story to a mass audience. Did not know it was simply an online project. Not sure this will have the same effect as folk who watch it will tend to be folk like us ,and them, who know the situation allready.
Also hate the fact they refer to the Celtic Boys Club scandal as opposed to what it is THE CELTIC FC SCANDAL.
In the same vein I note that the avenue they appear to be taking is that Celtic were "closer " linked to the BC than they admit rather than the fact that the BC was an integral part of the club.
That would suggest imho that the argument they are making is that Celtic FC has a MORAL duty to pay the survivors rather than a LEGAL duty.

I really want to see this on Netflix. I've watched dozens of documentaries over the lockdown, many unfortunately about abuse and this scandal is as bad if not worse than many I've watched. So pleased that these poor boys will finally get some justice for lives ruined.

You tube will have access to far more people than selling it to a mainstream distributor. What if the distributor is one of the myriad owned by the Scum's ex.players? the usual suspects with more airtime and more print pages on SMSM, more space than their extremely low talents merit.
With a punchy subject name and the fame/reputation of the assailant organisation, this film will highlight the nauseating denial of justice and suitable recompense for unbelievable damaged lives.

Get it sent....Worldwide.

Donations seems to have hit a brick wall, only £15 donated in the last 3 hours.
Hopefully picks up some impetus soon.
Target is now £30k,maybe a bit optimistic?

A bit disappointed if I am honest . I had assumed it would have been an independently made documentary that would be sold to a mainstream TV company and bring this sordid story to a mass audience. Did not know it was simply an online project. Not sure this will have the same effect as folk who watch it will tend to be folk like us ,and them, who know the situation allready.
Also hate the fact they refer to the Celtic Boys Club scandal as opposed to what it is THE CELTIC FC SCANDAL.
In the same vein I note that the avenue they appear to be taking is that Celtic were "closer " linked to the BC than they admit rather than the fact that the BC was an integral part of the club.
That would suggest imho that the argument they are making is that Celtic FC has a MORAL duty to pay the survivors rather than a LEGAL duty.
I worked in media for many moons and explained this elsewhere but for £15k it is not going to a big production!!
However, it is the sort of thing that can then be picked up by a producer as a lot of the legwork has been done.
Similarly, many of the sort of miniseries you see on Netflix and other major channels start off as books/court cases.
It’s very rare that the big boys will do something from scratch.
it’s much easier to sell the idea once you have a tangible product to point at which then allows for someone to release the type of money required to turn it into a movie/miniseries.
The classic example, and the one that is nearest to this, is Spotlight, the story of the Catholic Church cover-up in Boston.
The Boston Globe reporters had to do the investigative work first and publish it before there was any chance of a Hollywood producer putting up the cash to tell the story to the rest of the world.

I worked in media for many moons and explained this elsewhere but for £15k it is not going to a big production!!
However, it is the sort of thing that can then be picked up by a producer as a lot of the legwork has been done.
Similarly, many of the sort of miniseries you see on Netflix and other major channels start off as books/court cases.
It’s very rare that the big boys will do something from scratch.
it’s much easier to sell the idea once you have a tangible product to point at which then allows for someone to release the type of money required to turn it into a movie/miniseries.
The classic example, and the one that is nearest to this, is Spotlight, the story of the Catholic Church cover-up in Boston.
The Boston Globe reporters had to do the investigative work first and publish it before there was any chance of a Hollywood producer putting up the cash to tell the story to the rest of the world.
Good point. However the Spotlight thing was "sellable" given it was on a world wide establishment with massive world wide interest. The going ons at a club in the Scottish backwater is unlikely to be of interest to any of the major media players.
Sadly these things are all about viewing figures and income generation.

Good point. However the Spotlight thing was "sellable" given it was on a world wide establishment with massive world wide interest. The going ons at a club in the Scottish backwater is unlikely to be of interest to any of the major media players.
Sadly these things are all about viewing figures and income generation.
The cover-up in this instance is the complicity of the SMSM and the Scottish Parliament as well as the Catholic Church connections.
The conspiracy of silence makes it a worldwide story and shows that the establishment of a whole country deliberately ignored the victims in order to protect the good name of the football team they supported.
It’s almost a bigger story that a sports team can have such influence on a nation.
Done properly it would also show the bigotry and how it is able to run a country.
I would suggest, in the right hands, it’s an even bigger story than the Boston one.

Why is the target now £30k?
I think he's raised his target because he has widened the scope of work he intends to do. In addition to the film he is spending the next 12 months writing a book, and he wants to do podcasts.
I hope we can keep supporting him. Celtic football club, the SNP government, and Celtic supporters don't care about the survivors of Celtic Boys Club. However we and the rest of Scotland's normal people have human compassion, and a desire to see justice done. Adrian's work will help achieve it.

I'm no lawyer but perhaps they simply need to be very careful with what language to use at this stage?

I think he's raised his target because he has widened the scope of work he intends to do. In addition to the film he is spending the next 12 months writing a book, and he wants to do podcasts.
I hope we can keep supporting him. Celtic football club, the SNP government, and Celtic supporters don't care about the survivors of Celtic Boys Club. However we and the rest of Scotland's normal people have human compassion, and a desire to see justice done. Adrian's work will help achieve it.
Maybe it should be seen like any project , the first installment / episode should set the story and stsndard.
The public would then have trust and belief in the project and support future publications .

Tbh it shouldn’t have to be publicly funded at all , wtf is wrong in this country and world where members of the working classes have to pay to tell a story of how friends cannot even have justice for four decades of sexual abuse linked to religion , sport and political cover up

We need to keep adding to this!
I've been on furlough since March, my income has dropped like a stone, however I've just had my latest payment and donated for the third time.
I'm not looking for a medal, these are deserved by so many people on and outwith this site.
I just to want to recognise the incredible work by so many people and give a decent journalist a chance to shine a light on these abhorrent crimes.

£15k wouldn’t pay the catering bill on a Netflix programme.

This will be 45 mins of interviews with some words to camera and local news level editing.

Mark Daly has won awards for less mind you.

£15k wouldn’t pay the catering bill on a Netflix programme.

This will be 45 mins of interviews with some words to camera and local news level editing.

Mark Daly has won awards for less mind you.

45 minutes of "interviews with some words to camera and local news level editing" more than we have seen by the gutter press or anyone else up here. Once something like this gets out there and can be shared all over the world it is another step closer to the biggest cover up in football being brought to the mainstream.

Last edited:
Watched Line of Duty series 3 on Netflix and the parallels of the program are synonymous with CFC and the lengths people will go to to protect their own henious cabal's. I had the chills when they put a photo of a Chief Constable, politician and Jimmy Saville on show. That coupled with the interview with one of the abused was very CLOSE to this sequence of events. Not ashamed to say it brought a massive lump to my throat. More power to Adrian's elbow - this is MASSIVE!

Back