Adrian Goldberg raising funds for a film on the abuse at Celtic Boys Club

The cover-up in this instance is the complicity of the SMSM and the Scottish Parliament as well as the Catholic Church connections.
The conspiracy of silence makes it a worldwide story and shows that the establishment of a whole country deliberately ignored the victims in order to protect the good name of the football team they supported.
It’s almost a bigger story that a sports team can have such influence on a nation.
Done properly it would also show the bigotry and how it is able to run a country.
I would suggest, in the right hands, it’s an even bigger story than the Boston one.

Of course it is. Spotlight was an eye opener but I don't recall the film identifying a ring of offending priests all from the same parish. The Catholic church thing in Boston was bad enough but the goings-on at that east end midden and the subsequent cover up are truly abhorrent.

I

It gets to the point where anger and hatred and rage are inadequate words mate.

I know, but we’ve made so much progress IC so we need to believe that ultimately the world will know about what happened in this country.

I don’t know if you read BN94’s post of the interview by Gary Johnston. You have people like him, a Scot in Australia, really firing into them all, and Adrian & Dan Gordon are making progress.

We need to believe that justice will come in this country, despite the corruption.

I know, but we’ve made so much progress IC so we need to believe that ultimately the world will know about what happened in this country.

I don’t know if you read BN94’s post of the interview by Gary Johnston. You have people like him, a Scot in Australia, really firing into them all, and Adrian & Dan Gordon are making progress.

We need to believe that justice will come in this country, despite the corruption.
You fkn bet I believe Grigo, didn't mean to sound negative mate, just angry. I'd like to talk to Gary. I'm also in Australia, Melbourne.

One of the reasons this has went on for too long.

They will set the attack dogs on any person or party who cross the line. Surely it’s suspicious in itself that no one will break ranks even when the evidence is indisputable. Hopefully the documentary asks why? No sporting club or company could or should have this much power.

Australia. Home of such luminaries as Cardinal Pell, Rolf Harris, Gerald Risdale and others. I'd be willing to bet that, per capita, the statistics would be astonishingly almost exactly the same.

Yes it was, started off at Dandenong City soccer club, they had the right colours and plenty of Rangers men so we started it there.

Met a good loyal bear a few times in Sydney, Adelaide and Glasgow. As far as I know he's living in Melbourne now. Dont want to name names on a public forum but he's got the same name as a famous snooker player from years gone by.

Back