Adrian Goldberg raising funds for a film on the abuse at Celtic Boys Club

Its important people who are knowledgeable of the situation on this board to inform Adrian Goldberg of everything that they know. There can be no stone unturned

Why has our blabbermouth justice secretary never commented on this subject. Does he have a public opinion on it? He does on everything else.

Truly sickening how this is being buried.

Well done to all those who have donated to this worthy cause so far.

Might sound like a stretch but I have wondered if thats why he was picked for the job, supports the club in question so he cant comment....

Last edited:
Donated.
The courage of Gordon Woods and Michelle Gray and the bravery of all the survivors who have come forward is outstanding.

Their voices need to be heard, their stories need to be told.

They deserve justice and hopefully this will be a step along the way to achieving that goal.

If you haven't already donated, please do it and give what you can to this thoroughly deserving cause.

If, and understandably at this difficult time you can't afford to, then please publicise it on social media.

I contacted Netflix and they said that someting along the lines of they dont directly produce content. I think they provide funding to production companies and they provide the content, which Netflix then need to decide wether to air.

So an independent production company would need to take this up and are who need to be contacted.

What always strikes me having watched a few of these Netflix "actual events" type documentaries is this particular (story) has the potential to blow all of them out the water. There's a recurring theme in most of them where the makers have a tendency to "pad out" or dramatise the content in order to keep a series interesting.

The parkhead debauchery has more than enough seedy detail to keep viewers engrossed from minute one. There is quite literally enough disgusting, lurid detail there that people could quite understandably be forgiven for thinking they are watching a work of fiction. That is the depths this goes.

I used the word story earlier, however as we all know this is tragically factual. It remains real life national scandal which if done correctly would surely achieve what these victims so richly deserve. That's blow the f***ing roof clean off the chamber of secrets.

As we now know following the filthy rich series NOBODY but nobody is off limits these days. That's something the doubters on here need to take on board for once and for all.

How about directly tweeting the celebs who have not been slow to flash their celtc credentials at every and any opportunity?
Maybe they would like to donate to the cause and endorse the campaign in some sort of attempt to atone for the deeds of their club.

this avenue is being explored also,the problem is,these celebs tend not to take direct messages ,you can only follow them....but there is other avenues currently being explored alongside this.

this avenue is being explored also,the problem is,these celebs tend not to take direct messages ,you can only follow them....but there is other avenues currently being explored alongside this.

Cheers bud.
TBH I don't use twitter myself so just an idea to possibly increase awareness.
Well done in all you do BTW.

I'm a journalist, broadcaster and film-maker and I want to make a documentary telling the story of the Celtic Boys Club scandal - and ask tough questions that remain unanswered by politicians, the police and Celtic Football Club.

The film will be made with respected film producer and director Laurence Lennard who, like me, has a pedigree that includes working on the BBC consumer show Watchdog.

We want to tell the stories of abuse survivors and their families, including the story of Michelle Gray, whose brother Andrew was a victim of prolific abuser Jim Torbett.

The story needs to be told NOW to ensure that those who suffered don't have to wait any longer for ALL of those responsible to be held accountable.

I have to admit although I support the cause 100%, the thought of this guy not having access to proper funding is worrying. Also to be done properly I'd imagine would take a figure far in excess of £15k. That said donation made.
The other side of the coin is he is not answerable to producers with the power to edit his film. As an independent film maker it is possible for him to ask difficult questions of the police, politicians and Celtic. The kind of questions to make them squirm, but they have always had the influence to shut down in the past.
The difficulty of being independent is of course finance. He needs to pay his production and crew costs out of his own pocket. And with this subject matter the only people he can ask for help is via crowd funding.
It'll be a difficult film to make. I wonder what he will make of the hurdles those who protect "Celtic's good name" throw at him. His independence will be what scares them most.

Not being funny when was the last time You saw a go fund me for a documentary/film to be produced for something as massive as this vile scandal. You see stuff like this on tv every other day by the broadcasters so why are they not touching it ,asking the proper questions And doing a proper investigation of their own!!
it’s baffling!!
I fully understand what you’re saying. Believe me I do. From being involved in this I’ve asked myself the same question.
As time went on and our correspondence with both the Scottish press and the SNP showed there was no appetite for both the government and the press to take this on. We tried everything. We even have a justice Secretary that as far as we can see, has shown exactly where his loyalties lie.
So what next?
We took it outside Scotland.
In the meantime we done some investigation of our own. We uncovered quite a lot.
I personally know someone that has suffered at the hands of a perpetrator at Celtic. It’s affected him his whole life. Celtic have shown him no support. The government hide behind an SFA inquiry.
I think the point I’m trying to make is, we’ll take any support from any journalist to show the crimes committed and subsequent coverups.
That club knows.

I fully understand what you’re saying. Believe me I do. From being involved in this I’ve asked myself the same question.
As time went on and our correspondence with both the Scottish press and the SNP showed there was no appetite for both the government and the press to take this on. We tried everything. We even have a justice Secretary that as far as we can see, has shown exactly where his loyalties lie.
So what next?
We took it outside Scotland.
In the meantime we done some investigation of our own. We uncovered quite a lot.
I personally know someone that has suffered at the hands of a perpetrator at Celtic. It’s affected him his whole life. Celtic have shown him no support. The government hide behind an SFA inquiry.
I think the point I’m trying to make is, we’ll take any support from any journalist to show the crimes committed and subsequent coverups.
That club knows.
Totally agree if it’s the only way to make it happen then it 100% needs to be done this way bud.
Just my point what kind of country is this we re living in when they ignore this so blatantly it’s absolutely disgusting beyond words!!
it’s clear a club,community and religions votes are more important than 100s of kids who where abused over 5 decades, sickening!! It’s all gear towards another push for independence scandalous!!
for what it’s worth I know a couple people close to me who were abuse by priests and they got away with it and thankfully the dirty bassas are dead, so I know totally where yur coming from got to do what it takes before they get away with it!!

Donation made.

Please make this happen and hopefully the scandal of the abuse, cover ups, denials, separate entity garbage, football authority blind eye, Scottish government blind eye all comes out and an independent public enquiry follows and victims get compensation and a proper apology from everyone that failed them and still do to this day.

Shameful on so many levels and the lengths gone to cover it up is almost as vile as the actions of torbett and the other beasts.

In any other country in the world, this would be a national scandal and a full and independent public inquiry held to name and shame those involved, never mind the countless others involved in the subsequent cover-up. But not Scotland.
Completely agree. That club have had friends in high places for too long. There are people out there to this day that still know exactly what went on. This isn’t just over a couple of years, but half a century, and if we could prove it, I’d say longer.
They gave us no choice but to take it outside Scotland.

Completely agree. That club have had friends in high places for too long. There are people out there to this day that still know exactly what went on. This isn’t just over a couple of years, but half a century, and if we could prove it, I’d say longer.
They gave us no choice but to take it outside Scotland.

I take my hat off to the arduous task guys like yourself have undertaken to seek true justice and peace of mind for the numerous victims and families. If I had serious money, I'd willingly fund your entire campaign to the bitter end until those responsible are brought to book. Good luck, mate, we are all with you.

Back