Adrian Segecic

06344043-2-D76-48-E6-8234-BAFBE4-FA68-C0.jpg

We are really shopping in the bargain basement if this is midfielder Wilson and the board have handed Gerrard, no wonder he was so raging in that interview!!!

I imagine he will be in the 18's to start with and try push up to the B team, can never stop improving the academy.

We are really shopping in the bargain basement if this is midfielder Wilson and the board have handed Gerrard, no wonder he was so raging in that interview!!!

I imagine he will be in the 18's to start with and try push up to the B team, can never stop improving the academy.
Edit - assuming it's a joke given money spent

Reactions: LD5

Exactly - John Swift to this ffs.

We must have about 40 sixteen to eighteen year olds with no games for them to play.

Even when games resume we will have plenty who get little game time.

This a wind-up or do we have another mentalist to add to the mentalist list?

We must have about 40 sixteen to eighteen year olds with no games for them to play.

Even when games resume we will have plenty who get little game time.
According to our wiki we have 27 classed as U18's currently, however that will fluctuate as I imagine King, Devine, Lowry, Ritchie-Hosler, Lindsay and Balde will feature for the B team a bit whilst some U16's might push up. It is difficult to give them all the game time they need to develop at a good pace, but at the same time if the opportunity comes to sign a player that is better than our current options we should go for it as harsh as it is.

According to our wiki we have 27 classed as U18's currently, however that will fluctuate as I imagine King, Devine, Lowry, Ritchie-Hosler, Lindsay and Balde will feature for the B team a bit whilst some U16's might push up. It is difficult to give them all the game time they need to develop at a good pace, but at the same time if the opportunity comes to sign a player that is better than our current options we should go for it as harsh as it is.
There will be another 10 or so who are 18 and too old for U18's.

It is a lot.

There will be another 10 or so who are 18 and too old for U18's.

It is a lot.
Yeah that 27 isn't even including the 18 yo's like Maxwell, Dickson, NYC, Kennedy etc. or even Weston. There are 26 classed as B team but 6 of them are out on loan and Mayo, Patterson and Barjonas are first team so in reality it is 17. That is a solid number development wise, can give enough of them proper game time.

It would be great if just one time , one of these kids we bring in as exciting prospects , could actually see some first team action . Only in planet Scotland do we keep players until they are 21 before giving them a jersey .

Reactions: MSF
It would be great if just one time , one of these kids we bring in as exciting prospects , could actually see some first team action . Only in planet Scotland do we keep players until they are 21 before giving them a jersey .
Getting players physically ready for first team football here is more of a challenge to be fair, especially at Rangers considering the shite we put up with. Even elsewhere in Europe, the 16-18 year olds that regularly play have the physique years in advance of their age. Not saying they shouldn't get a single second of game time unless they are built like %^*&, but I imagine it is easier said than done getting that balance right because playing them when they aren't fully ready can do harm more than good.

Looks impressive, obviously it’s youth football and he’s still got to fill out etc but from those clips he looks a clever player. Good find from the scouts it seems
Aye the standard looks poor but you can see raw ability to work with there.

Wow do you really think so ;)

Looks clever on the ball, a left sided player, he looks as though he is on the small side, not a huge problem ,however with the huge meatheads in the Scottish game they might play "keepie up" with him.

Back