Advice for an American tourist?

Cambeez32

Hello! My father grew up in Glasgow as a rangers fan, and it’s always been my dream to see a match at Ibrox.
Happily, I’ll be in Glasgow august 27, and I’m hoping to see the Ross county match.
Does anyone have suggestions for procuring 2 tickets? I see a few for sale on livefootballtickets, but I’m not sure how legit that is. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

Hello! My father grew up in Glasgow as a rangers fan, and it’s always been my dream to see a match at Ibrox.
Happily, I’ll be in Glasgow august 27, and I’m hoping to see the Ross county match.
Does anyone have suggestions for procuring 2 tickets? I see a few for sale on livefootballtickets, but I’m not sure how legit that is. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

The easiest option would probably be buying them from someone on here in the ticket office section in the week running up to the game. They'll be on sale on the Rangers website nearer the time as well.

Don't buy them from anywhere else. If you don't manage it through here or the website (I can't see why you wouldn't get one), go to Ibrox on the day of the match and someone will be selling a ticket.

Thanks!
Chris
Hi, Chris. I've pm'd you.

Thanks!
Chris
Whatever you do, don't buy over Facebook, Twitter or any other faceless SM platform like that. I hate reading stories of people being scammed for tickets, and it happens regularly.

The ticket office here is different as users have to provide more personal details to admin before being allowed to sell. Wherever possible, try to arrange to pay someone in person, not with bank transfer - almost all tickets for that game will be loaded onto people's smart cards so they will need to give you the physical card. Be sceptical if anyone asks for a bank transfer in return for a QR code, not many people will have QR codes for the game.

Good luck and do come back on this thread to tell us your experience of the game!

Thanks!
Chris

Cambeez - make sure that you get yourself into The Louden (opposite the subway station) before the game to sample the pre-match entertainment. I doubt you'll have much like it in the USA.

Thanks!
Chris
You’ll get a ticket no problem, bump this thread closer to the time and you’ll probably get one for free.

Thanks!
Chris
I'll give you some advice mate, it's capital R for Rangers. ;)

Did your old man not teach you anything? :D

This brings back memories of being back in Uni (some 25 years ago) and an American exchange student of “Irish” decent went to Ibrox in the away end. He just couldn’t understand why he got beat up three times on the way home to the west end celebrating a win for the dark side. Silver linings.

Where in the US are you from and presume you’re a Bengals fan?

All of those are important before we decide where you can sit.

Thanks!
Chris
You’ll get two no problem outside the ground or outside the Ibrox tube station on the day of the match. Fans will have spare tickets and be holding them in the air for sale. You will get them at face value also. As suggested message this forum nearer the time and possibly someone will point you in the direction of two. I may even have a couple myself but wouldn’t know until much nearer the date.

As others have said you’ll get tickets outside the stadium on the day or if you are quick enough you’ll be able to get some when they in general sale (very, very limited)

Do not under any circumstances buy from any of these 3rd party sites as they are a rip off and you will pay well over the odds. The tickets you’ll be able to get outside the ground will be face value as they are fellow supporters getting rid of spare tickets from their supporters busses etc. if anyone tried to rip you off and pay over what is on the ticket then tell them to f*ck off

With regards to the game my advice is make a day of it. If you drink then go for a beer or two in the Louden across from the subway (will need to be in early) to soak in the atmosphere then head up to the ground and do a lap of the stadium before heading in and go into the ground about maybe 30 mins before kick off so you have time to find your seat and take it all in, get photos etc etc.

Also as a final note. Make sure and tell us where the tickets you get are as there will be someone from on here no doubt sitting close to you and will probably introduce themselves

Buy 2 MyGers memberships for you and your Dad and then you’ll be able to get two together on the official site no bother.

It's a shame you're not in Glasgow a little bit earlier, we could potentially have a game 23rd/24th in a Champions League qualifier which would be better experience.

Ross County at home will be pretty dull.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I'll be up in Oban area those dates, and I dont know if the Mrs. will be too happy if I cut that leg of our trip short ;)

If you can’t make the European game, maybe see if you can visit the stadium the day before the Ross County match and book a stadium tour?

Avoid the overpriced, sweaty Louden. The District and the Grapes are good pubs - so are most on Paisley Road West.
OP:
Take the Subway from the city centre and get off at Kinning Park. A 5 minute walk will take you to The District Bar for few pre-match pints.

After your drinks, give yourselves 20 minutes to head along Paisley Road West and you will eventually come to Edmiston Drive. Then cross over to the other side and feast your eyes on the magnificent vista of the most iconic football stadium on Planet Earth.

Take it in, feast your eyes on it, admire it's magnificence, it's the greatest sight that you will ever see. Then walk down towards Ibrox Stadium and enjoy the rest of your visit.

You WILL return!
:))

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I'll be up in Oban area those dates, and I dont know if the Mrs. will be too happy if I cut that leg of our trip short ;)
Out of curiosity what's your plan for the trip? First Time in Scotland?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity what's your plan for the trip? First Time in Scotland?
Yeah first time. Only took 32 years, my whole fathers side moved to the US in the 70's and havent really gone back much since.

Will be aug 19 - 30... flying into London, gonna catch the sites for a couple days, then head up to Oban and hopefully do some good hikes on the islands and eat lots of seafood. Next we'll head to Glasgow for a couple days for the game and whatever else, then finally spend a night in Edinburgh to do touristy shit, then fly home from edinburgh

Yeah first time. Only took 32 years, my whole fathers side moved to the US in the 70's and havent really gone back much since.

Will be aug 19 - 30... flying into London, gonna catch the sites for a couple days, then head up to Oban and hopefully do some good hikes on the islands and eat lots of seafood. Next we'll head to Glasgow for a couple days for the game and whatever else, then finally spend a night in Edinburgh to do touristy shit, then fly home from edinburgh
Unfortunately there are airline strikes expected at Heathrow around then so you might or might not get here. If you do the chances of your luggage arriving with you are minimal.

When and if you do get out of Heathrow be aware we are in the middle of a summer of non-stop rail strikes (and also the tube (underground) in London) so you probably won't be going far.

Whatever you do, don't get into any fights over it because criminal defence barristers are also expected to strike, and, if you're injured, both junior doctors and NHS staff are also expected to be on strike.

But apart from all that I think it should be plain sailing!

I only wish I was joking with all that :mad:

Best of luck!!

Back