Aerial View Ibrox - Pre Club Deck

You are right, remember the toilets in the piggery were always flooded, suppose they couldn’t handle 20000 steaming bears and if truth be told weren’t fit for humans, that lots end were the exact same, was at the hibs final in their end and their bogs were the same , filthy.
The London Road terrace at the piggery didn't even have a toilet if I remember correctly.Pretty sure you just pished against the back wall at the bottom of the steps there

I never fail to be impressed by the club deck. The whole structure is fantastic; a quite brilliant piece of engineering.

I feel quite proud that if you google image "club deck construction" or the like, loads of my photos come up, when i went through to watch the beam being lifted

B-D
At the time, the club deck had the biggest single span steel girder used in a sports ground.

I’m sure the front of Ibrox was cordoned off for a while while it was hoisted into position.

It certainly paid to be working on it,especially in the last few months of the contract.;)
My step dad done work on the roof, I can remember begging him to take me to work for a day but he wasn’t having it as I was to young, His brother said he was throwing screws at MoJo, I told him his was a f****n prick, And I got a slap off my ma for it. :))

My memory from the time is a bit sketchy. How long did the work take to add the Club Deck? I’m guessing it started as soon as the season finished. Did we run at a reduced capacity while the work was ongoing in the Main Stand?

For the young'uns - the L shaped bits just inside the Enclosure turnstiles are the bogs IIRC. Nowhere to snort your shitey powder in those days.
Dunno about that , last time I was in the Broomloan front toilets at the urinal a young lad was giving it serious key action standing next to me, he wasn’t giving f*** who seen him:oops:

My memory from the time is a bit sketchy. How long did the work take to add the Club Deck? I’m guessing it started as soon as the season finished. Did we run at a reduced capacity while the work was ongoing in the Main Stand?
End of 1990/91 and start of 91/92 was reduced. You can see it on the season review videos from the time. Think dressing rooms were in portacabins, or at least the home was.

Honestly wouldn't swap our stadium for anything

I’d swap the other three stands for a lot of things.

Enclosures need ripped out and made into safe standing. The concourses need redone.

The Main Stand and Club Deck are class.

I never fail to be impressed by the club deck. The whole structure is fantastic; a quite brilliant piece of engineering.
Try telling that to the camera men on a European night, I sit just along from them and they go up and down like a fiddlers elbow

The London Road terrace at the piggery didn't even have a toilet if I remember correctly.Pretty sure you just pished against the back wall at the bottom of the steps there

I remember the toilets at the back of the old Rangers end was literally a brick wall with ferns growing out it and the smell near knocked you out ,it was like something out of Dickensian times,

The Main Stand girder is the largest "goalpost" girder in the UK. Elland Road was/is the largest cantilever structure in the UK?

You needed waders at times in those toilets, absolute midden

Where both gates at the pavement like this, or just this set of gates?
before redevelopment , there only was one set of gates,(the one"s currently situated at the broomloan rd end) they were situated opening onto to the pavement fronting edmiston dr near copland rd

Back