Aerial view of Ibrox, date unknown

This is my all-time favourite for purely personal reasons.

6ddecVu.jpg

It takes in Kintra St just off Woodville St in the background. My old house is directly opposite the high rise blocks. They were tenements when I lived there back in the early 60's. Jeez I'm old.

It also takes in my first school, Broomloan Rd Primary, same school that Sir Alex went to.

My dad's family lived in Kintra Street and I often called in at number 119 for my tea after the match. It has completely disappeared now as far as I know.

Seeing the Clyde reminds me of the Govan ferry over to Partick when I were a lad.

Those were the days my friend.

That must be the one day in the year somebody is playing on that plastic monstrosity of a pitch.

I used to play 7s there myself about 10 years ago, worst pitch I have ever played on, like a junkies carpet with all the rubbish included. It was still the same park a few years ago I think the plans are Rangers are going to replace it for the community as part of our building bridges with the mhanky council

Aerial view of Ibrox, date unknown

Going through my archives I came across this picture which was sent to me - the envelope is post-marked 1998 but I don't know is it's the original or just a hard-backed enveloped I used to preserve the picture.

Anyone able to date the picture?

HO1gdc1.jpg

March 1998

6ddecVu.jpg

It takes in Kintra St just off Woodville St in the background. My old house is directly opposite the high rise blocks. They were tenements when I lived there back in the early 60's. Jeez I'm old.

It also takes in my first school, Broomloan Rd Primary, same school that Sir Alex went to.

Seeing the Clyde reminds me of the Govan ferry over to Partick when I were a lad.

Great post, auld yin :). Can genuinely sense the pride in everything you came from. Thanks for sharing.

6ddecVu.jpg

I lived in the high rise flats, 29 Broomloan Court, 15 stories up. Our verandah faced The Albion Training Ground, my dad used to watch The Rangers training after finishing night shift when he worked in Fairfields. My granny & granda lived in 303 Broomloan Road.
The Ibrox House is away in that photo, replaced by a garage

Back