Africa Cup of Nations 2019

TGP

The first 'summer' Cup of Nations.

Egypt v Zimbabwe tonight at 9pm on Eurosport 2.

Two scheduled water breaks at 30 mins and 70 mins.

Largest ever field of 24 teams including three debutants.

Some amazing players on show but also usually some absolute hackers somewhere in the field!

Egypt outright at 4s for me. I always back them at this tournament. They've served me so well in the past.

Normally a lot of shite and low scoring matches at the African Cup of Nations.

Egypt should win by 3 or 4 in this one though.

Heard earlier that the last 4 versions of this tournament have ended up being hosted in different countries to those who were initially awarded them.

Heard earlier that the last 4 versions of this tournament have ended up being hosted in different countries to those who were initially awarded them.

I agree. Usually if there's a lack of quality in the game early on you can get the house on it being 0-0 or won by a single goal.

Get some beauties though.

Great atmosphere in Cairo for this one. Huge city and a footballing one. Hopefully a decent game with a few goals to start the tournament.

Was it Cameroon that was due to host this one?

Good game so far, both teams going for it. Egypt on top, but Zimbabwe still getting having the occasional break.

Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe HT.

Decent watch in fairness.

Best bit though is the forenames of some of the Zimbabweans.

Teenage Hadebe
Knowledge Musona
Marvelous Nakamba

:)

Today's AFCON menu:

Group A
DR Congo v Uganda (3.30pm)

Group B
Nigeria v Burundi (6pm)
Guinea v Madagascar (9pm)

All on Eurosport 2.

Football until 11pm on a Saturday night lads! :cool:

Can’t believe, given the low number of goals in this tournament generally, that I went for a slash and missed a goal.

Love the African Nations, such a good contrast between the Northern teams & the rest
My wife (no pics) is half Nigerian. With the population of that country, they should be doing much better but corruption kills the country. I have been to Nigeria and physically they can compete. Not sure why they haven’t gone much further?

For those not in work or left already Eurosport has Ivory Coast v South Africa at 3.30pm.

Dean Furman is playing for South Africa!

Later, Tunisia v Angola at 6pm then Mali v Mauritania at 9pm.

From about Wednesday 26th June onwards the group matches get a bit more competitive and interesting with the first seeds playing the second seeds I.e Wednesday 26th, Nigeria v Guinea, Egypt v DR Congo. Thursday 27th, Senegal v Algeria. Friday 28th, Tunisia v Mali, Morocco v Ivory Coast. Saturday 29th, Cameroon v Ghana. Kick offs @ 15.30, 18.00 or 21.00 UK time and live on Eurosport 2.
Copa America Quarter finals start on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th too on Premier Sports. And CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter finals start on Sunday morning 30th on Freesports.

From about Wednesday 26th June onwards the group matches get a bit more competitive and interesting with the first seeds playing the second seeds I.e Wednesday 26th, Nigeria v Guinea, Egypt v DR Congo. Thursday 27th, Senegal v Algeria. Friday 28th, Tunisia v Mali, Morocco v Ivory Coast. Saturday 29th, Cameroon v Ghana. Kick offs @ 15.30, 18.00 or 21.00 UK time and live on Eurosport 2.
Copa America Quarter finals start on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th too on Premier Sports. And CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter finals start on Sunday morning 30th on Freesports.

Bloody beautiful!

Switched it on there and thought I would give it a go as I’m on the sick and could get into it.

Nothing each. Commentator saying that something is a joke. Vuvuzuela blaring.

Sorry AFCON no the day

Switched it on there and thought I would give it a go as I’m on the sick and could get into it.

Nothing each. Commentator saying that something is a joke. Vuvuzuela blaring.

Sorry AFCON no the day

It's an acquired taste I agree!

Cameroon v Guinea Bissau - 6pm
Ghana v Benin - 9pm

Oh and Nigeria trained late this morning and didn't send a player to the press conference today in a row over bonus payments - every year without fail, there's some team not getting paid properly and kick up phuk!

Anyone else think the football on shows been mental. It’s literally 100mph end to end stuff, no passing about in the middle of the park stuff haha

Wednesday 26th June, eyes down . . .

Nigeria v Guinea (3.30pm) *TWENTY FIVE MINUTES*

Uganda v Zimbabwe (6pm)

Egypt DR Congo (9pm)

Back