Africa Cup of Nations 2019

Egypt v Democratic Republic of Congo off to a good start. Salah missed a bit of a sitter early on, DRC just missed a total sitter from a corner, hit the bar from about 2 yards out. That would have livened it up a bit.

1-0 to Egypt, nice finish from Elmohanadanady. Cant spell his name.
I don't know if anybody has noticed, but that Salah is a bit dive-y.

Noticed that most days 2 games are getting played at the same stadium, would think that would have drew in bigger crowds, 2 games etc see rivals in group but doesn’t appear to have done that.

Into the knockout rounds, so most of the terrible teams out. Nigeria v Cameroon and Egypt v South Africa today.

Nigeria were 1-0, Cameroon scored 2 in 3 minutes just before half time. Second half Nigeria score 2 in 5 minutes (1 by Awobi) and it's 3-2 with 20 minutes to go. Good game.

Saw the Morocco-Benin penalties yesterday. What was noticeable was the joy and despair from the crowd - men, women and children. One poor wee Moroccan boy was inconsolable.

The magic of football.

I've been off FF as I'm on holiday but getting to see wee bits and bobs of the games and watching the highlights.

Couldn't believe Morocco last night. One of my bets away!

Ivory Coast rode their luck against Mali, won 1-0 from a Zaha goal despite being under pressure most of the game.

Tunisia v Ghana just about to start. Tunisia have a crap national anthem.

Cant beat working from home.

Yeah, the crowds are pretty bad. Seems to be no interest from locals outwith the Egypt games and now they're out.

Commentator was mentioning the Nigeria v South Africa quarter final coming up on Wednesday in the stadium Egypt were supposed to be playing in, expecting a pretty much empty huge open stadium.

Crazy last minute own goal to equalize for Ghana. Defender tried to head clear, ball bounced off his head at a strange angle and looped over the keeper. Crap game other than that, though. The kind you hope ends without extra time.

Watching this game makes me happy I decided to follow the Woman's World Cup instead for my summer football fix. It's awful.

Senegal v Algeria in the final tonight at 8pm. (Eurosport2 SKY 411)

Got £20 on 'North African Winner' at 7/4 so I'm all about Algeria here.

This or Motherwell v Morton. :oops:

Another final, another VAR nonsense. The ref gives a handball penalty and then changes his mind after wstching the video. Correct decision but the referee clearly doesnt know whats right and wrong anymore so has someone else make the decision for him.

Another final, another VAR nonsense. The ref gives a handball penalty and then changes his mind after wstching the video. Correct decision but the referee clearly doesnt know whats right and wrong anymore so has someone else make the decision for him.

The ref still made the decision.

Couldn’t watch African football on a regular basis. Officiating has been dodgy as %^*& this entire tournament.

Could easily be 8/9 minutes of injury time here and we get 4.

Couldn’t watch African football on a regular basis. Officiating has been dodgy as %^*& this entire tournament.

Could easily be 8/9 minutes of injury time here and we get 4.

That's true but the ref was giving absolutely everything to Senegal in the last 10mins. I think it's just poor officiating rather than anything dodgy, if it was dodgy it wasn't done very well.

That has to be the worst game of football I’ve had the misfortune to witness in a long time , if not ever . So bad in fact that you’d have to ask yourself was it all above board .

Absolutely chronic .

That's true but the ref was giving absolutely everything to Senegal in the last 10mins. I think it's just poor officiating rather than anything dodgy, if it was dodgy it wasn't done very well.

The whole tournament has been full of weird decisions. Players getting multiple yellows and no reds, folk booked for nothing and others not booked for near enough assault. Inconsistent use of VAR.

Can’t say I’ve been keeping tally of who has benefited, but it just seems to be one questionable decision after another.

The whole tournament has been full of weird decisions. Players getting multiple yellows and no reds, folk booked for nothing and others not booked for near enough assault. Inconsistent use of VAR.

Can’t say I’ve been keeping tally of who has benefited, but it just seems to be one questionable decision after another.

Fair enough mate, before tonight I only watched roughly 30mins of the tournament, the vuvuzelas were too much for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was something dodgy going on though tbh. Some of the refs decisions tonight we're laughable.

Fair enough mate, before tonight I only watched roughly 30mins of the tournament, the vuvuzelas were too much for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was something dodgy going on though tbh. Some of the refs decisions tonight we're laughable.

Not sure if you’ve ever seen the Nigerian Premier League on any of the betting sites, but it’s some of the most brazen cheating you’ll ever see.

The away team almost never wins and penalties in the 102nd minute are every other week.

There was a thing a few weeks ago where it was going around Twitter that a Nigerian game was going to finish 4-2. I just assumes it was bullshit, so didn’t back it. Bookies then pulled the markets, low and behold, game finishes 4-2.

Back