African Cup of Nations live on Eurosport

greigsdestiny

Anybody looking for some football through the summer & cant be arsed with the women’s World Cup. Starts on 21st June . Would think the likes of Sadio Mane, Riyad Mahrez & Mo Salah will be playing.

It'd be better if it was held every four years in line with the World Cup and European Championship.

I don't think it means as much if you have the same group of players playing in it as often as they are.

Still, good thread for raising interest and awareness. I'll probably watch a lot of it.

Copa America is on bt and premier aswell over june/july

They should really do away with the invited teams unless it's America/Mexico.

I know it's like saying there should be a tournament for Europe and Africa (in size) but even the Central American teams like Costa Rica or Panama would be better additions.

What happened to it being every 2nd January?

They are aligning it with the non Euro years for the summer.

All I remember is the rubbish goalkeeper and the guy that replace Mo Sylla I think in 2002 for Guinea at left back, he got the ball, done one keepy up and punted it forward and chased it

They are aligning it with the non Euro years for the summer.

All I remember is the rubbish goalkeeper and the guy that replace Mo Sylla I think in 2002 for Guinea at left back, he got the ball, done one keepy up and punted it forward and chased it
It’s absolute shocking standard and making it a 24 team tournament as they have done for this year will make it worse.

Mind when the BBC got the rights and hyped it. I think was played in Mali on pitches akin to Tannadice circa 2003. I think there was a run of 3 groups stages with no goals.

The only reason I watched was I was in 2nd year in uni, only had 2 exams that January and had a source of Thai weed.

Back