After 15 games under Souness.

Gaz030191

Before anyone says anything, I'm not ignoring the fact the Aberdeen result was a missed opportunity and a sore one.

But I just thought I'd highlight the following:

Souness first 15 games: 9 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses.
Celtic that season after 15 had: 11 wins 3 draws, 1 loss.

The only difference was that we had played Celtic twice and taken 4 points.

My point is we can't let one bas result undo the good work so far. We need to continue to get behind the team, as a result at Ibrox would put us back in control. Do the team deserve pulled up for that last display? Absolutely, but let's make sure we don't turn on our own players and make it easier for everyone else.

what was our record under ivan ooze after 15 games?
url

Before anyone says anything, I'm not ignoring the fact the Aberdeen result was a missed opportunity and a sore one.

My point is we can't let one bas result undo the good work so far. We need to continue to get behind the team, as a result at Ibrox would put us back in control. Do the team deserve pulled up for that last display? Absolutely, but let's make sure we don't turn on our own players and make it easier for everyone else.
wasn't it 2 points for a win? wouldn't the table have been naturally closer anyway?

Almost every player in every SPL team was MILES better than their equivalent today....we had some cracking players still coming together, still finding their feet. and we had something not mentioned. The BELIEF instilled by Souness and the Revolution...

Think the op is basically just saying don't panic just yet. There's obviously a lot to work on and players that need dropped but that's what I'm taking from it.

Who cares?

Every season is different, the context of each season is different - stats alone don't tell the full story actuality and feelings play a part as well.

We lost to Livvy this season... 20 years gone, or in the future thats a shit result.

We had only taken 3 points from Celtic in the first 2 game. Two points for a win at Ibrox and 1 from a draw at the Chamber.

We were nine behind at Christmas - 5 games worth of points - so that is the bigger barometer to make any comparisons.

Think the op is basically just saying don't panic just yet. There's obviously a lot to work on and players that need dropped but that's what I'm taking from it.

That was the idea yeah, apologies if it wasn't compared well.

I was essentially showing how we've found ourselves in a position in the past where we're playing catch up around this time of the season, under a new inexperienced manager and that what's most important is we don't turn on the players.

As a support we've become a lot more volatile to bad results. Maybe it's because we put up with such crap for 4 or 5 years that we've lost patience, but all I'm saying is we don't need to freak out yet.

When the fans are behind the team you can see the difference on the pitch. Let's make sure we don't let that frustrated negativity creep back in to our support.

I'm not sure what comparisons you can make with 30 years ago.

We were on a good run of results prior to Weds, need to get back on it starting Sunday

pointed this out yesterday in another thread yesterday

rangers-86867-nov.png

by nov 29th Rangers had 5 losses That was Rangers first at home last night ama right? (just for lionheart there)

Souness team did have a League cup in the bag by then ama right?

the screen grab comes from a season review vid on youtube by 10th of jan Rangers were 1 point behind Celtic with a game in hand.

Remember 2 points for a win back then.

Sick hearing all this pish. No offence OP. Nothing personal, but this is NOW. 2018. We must start winning games like Wednesday night. I remember all this pish getting spouted about when Pedro was in charge. Makes no sense and not relevant in my opinion.

For those not seeing the comparisons after 30 years.

Theres lots of similarities.

The SFA are still as draconian towards Rangers today as they were back then.

Souness went to war with them and fought them head on

Souness years younger Than fellow Liverpool legend Stevie g was in his first job as boss at Rangers

as the tables reveal points make prizes but the league is not a sprint it is a marathon and one of the main factors Souness installed in us was a siege mentality.

Think the point the OP is making is yes Aberdeen was very very disappointing but lets not start pressing the panic button & throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Stats can be skewed whichever way you want depending on what outcome you desire. Pointless comparison, although no offence intended to OP.

OP makes a vert fair point. We went into overdrive the second half of the season under Souness. This month is vital. Going into the winter break on top would give us real impetus for the run in.

As bad a result the other night was we are second in the league and one game away from European football after Christmas. Who would have bet on that in July?

Back