After being allowed access to Michael Beale - this is what most papers think was the most important thing to take from it . . .

A lot of questions about tactics etc but no real light in the answers. Can you imagine a new Rangers manager saying anything other than "we need to play on the front foot" and something about entertaining the fans. The attendance at a match is interesting to many (myself included) especially as it seems to have annoyed Gio so much.

The newspaper reporters after an interview have a chat together and agree between them a line to take. Given the make up of the press they always look if possible to take a negative Rangers line . No surprise.

Notice they don’t mention the fact GVB should’ve been out a job a couple of months before this.

Beale did nothing wrong.

Michael Beale could have had a season ticket in with the union bears and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference, if Gio does his job effectively then he'd still be the manager.

They are throwing any negative angle at this they can. Pretty pathetic really.

If he had joined Celtic it would be ‘he knocked back the EPL but just couldn’t say no to the hoops”

I apologise for actually typing that :(

There were quite a bit of negative slant in the questions asked yesterday
Same shit asked over and over again in different ways, trying to get MB to make a big statement i.e we’d catch the tims etc
He was smart enough not to bite

Last edited:
The last thing Football "Journalists" in Scotland want to talk about is actual football content.

Scottish print journos are embarrassing and when. You listen to most on radio you realise they are steeling a wage

I didn't see it as a big deal ,Michael Beale has never hidden the fact he is a Rangers fan so I just saw it as him taking in a game on a day off .
Bang on. He clearly is a massive fan as he has never stopped talking about us since he left and when an EPL club came calling he was not interested and I took from that he had seen how things were panning out and did not want to make himself unapproachable on the matter. He's here, he's ours, %^*& the media.

After the way Mr Beale has been described by the mhedia here, I hope he goes on to great things. He has been vilified by all and of course the so called experts (ex-Dhim players) are getting their digs in.
The rest of the season is still to be played out and the new manager has a lot on his shoulders but from all the interviews and the clips from the training ground, he comes across very well. Hope that translates to a winning team again.
WATP.

I myself didn't like what he did but it's already been covered extensively and should be blown away by the volume of material he came out with yesterday.

What did he do?

Did he negotiate terms with Ross Wilson? Say he was keen on job?

Or did he just watch a game?

Back