After more Covid chaos will they still have the neck to try and finish the Scottish Cup

If they face a backlog later it means they have made the EL group stage
Will they not have to postpone 2 league games in December as they have possible league cup and Scottish cup games that month, on top of the sheep game to catch up? Hadn't gave European games a thought on top of that !

Will they not have to postpone 2 league games in December as they have possible league cup and Scottish cup games that month, on top of the sheep game to catch up? Hadn't gave European games a thought on top of that !

Only for Scottish Cup is the league postponements before 2021

They have Aberdeen (Covid 19) as you say also have St Mirren home ( SC semi-final weekend October 31/1st November) already outstanding

The Final on December 20 when they have Livingston away if they get past Aberdeen in the Semi-final

League Cup starts in November for us and them quarter-final is the midweek before the SC Final

Semifinal and Final in January and February respectively

My prediction for this one is that the semi's and final scheduled for Oct & Dec will be postponed again,

1. Because the SFA lose about £4m if they are played behind closed doors.
2. Postponing them ensure the Bheasty Bhoys won't fall behind with games in hand.

Marry up the two reasons above as convenient bedfellows and the cabal will have no hesitation in delaying these games indefinitely.

I'll also wager that had we not dropped points on Sunday, there would be a bigger clamour already to postpone the game on 17th October, but as things stand they will fancy it. If we falter at all against Motherwell on Sunday there is no way on earth that game gets postponed on 17th.

If there is any swing the other way, the mood-music may be different

I'm actually starting to think that I hope the SFA does carry on with the cup because the more games they have to play that get postponed will mean they will have a massive backlog which could bite them royally on the erse. How ironic would it be if their chase of a tainted cup cost them the league

And they'll be allowed to play and win their game in hand to get on top of the league before the stop the season again

Only for Scottish Cup is the league postponements before 2021

They have Aberdeen (Covid 19) as you say also have St Mirren home ( SC semi-final weekend October 31/1st November) already outstanding

The Final on December 20 when they have Livingston away if they get past Aberdeen in the Semi-final

League Cup starts in November for us and them quarter-final is the midweek before the SC Final

Semifinal and Final in January and February respectively
Cheers for that info bud.
I can only hope that any games they have outstanding to try and fit in, weigh heavily on them.

As much as we all want them to fail spectacularly it's highly unlikely they won't make the group stages I'd say. The Champions Path, and the seedings therein, are a joke.

Yes, rewarding failure giving an easy route in the Europa to teams who have failed in the CL.

Should be in the main draw instead they’ve virtually been given a bye.

I was told (by a fairly senior SFA employee) that the SFA need the cup to go ahead as its worth £ms to the SFA. Finance will over rule everything (plus the pressure from the scum)

The games are being played 5 days before Christmas.

Think about this - Hearts will be asked to play a semi final having not played competitively in 9 months.

Where in the fk is sporting integrity there Mr Doncaster?

Think about this - Hearts will be asked to play a semi final having not played competitively in 9 months.

How will Hearts not have played?

Semi-finals are October 31 & November 1st

Final is December 20

By the Hearts play the semi-final they will have played 5 competitive game providing there is no delays - 3 LC games & 2 League games

I completely forgot that this was still to be played. Farcical to have this still going when we are in a new season.

Its nothing to do with celtic, its to do with TV money for the SFA.

The semi finals and finals are the showpiece games and if they don't get played they owe back money to TV the same way the SPFL did for the league games that never got played.

This will be played this year . No way are they gonna start this years Scottish cup in January Before finishing last year . No doubt they will have this 2 week circuit break thing the week of the old firm and the week after to postpone the old firm but will restart football BCD the week of the Scottish cup

How can they have the neck to try and finish the cup after cancelling the league and now it looks like more league games will be postponed. But they will, sure as shit@ stinks
Rhetorical question mate. Of course they will. Rhabid mentally challenged cabal will ensure it will be concluded even if it is the year 2120

Honestly forgot that was still happening. How embarrassing is that ? Going to get the results saying in the Scottish cup today Stranraer won 5-0 against Eadt Kilbride and Celtic lost the final 3-0. That will baffle a few.

I don't know the answer to this.

Has any other country decided to still play an unfinished competition from last season after this season had started?

I don't know the answer to this.

Has any other country decided to still play an unfinished competition from last season after this season had started?

Depends how far you decide to take it in the England in the Non-League set-up 2019-20 FA Trophy & FA Vase is still be played for with the Finals still to be happen was due to happen this Sunday at Wembley but postponed as fans can't attend was going to be one of these test events Semi-finals of both competition were played over the course of this month 3 at the start with the remaining just last night as involved Harrogate Town

FA Trophy Concord Rangers v Harrogate Town
FA Vase Consett v Hebburn

2020-21 Non-League season started on 31st August with the FA Cup Qualifying rounds while 2020-21 Vase stated last weekend and this weekend see the 2020-21 FA Trophy starts this weekend

League starts next weekend

Last edited:
The integrity of the cup is long gone. A cup is a season long event.. now the squads are radically different, hearts aren't even playing.

Depends how far you decide to take it in the England in the Non-League set-up 2019-20 FA Trophy & FA Vase is still be played for with the Finals still to be happen was due to happen this Sunday at Wembley but postponed as fans can't attend was going to be one of these test events Semi-finals of both competition were played over the course of this month 3 at the start with the remaining just last night as involved Harrogate Town

FA Trophy Concord Rangers v Harrogate Town
FA Vase Consett v Hebburn

2020-21 Non-League season started on 31st August with the FA Cup Qualifying rounds while 2020-21 Vase stated last weekend and this weekend see the 2020-21 FA Trophy starts this weekend

League starts next weekend

Thanks.

Don't think we can compare non league and a national cup though.

Back