After Two Decades At The Top, Jermain Defoe Is Finally On Course To Be A Winner

No Money No Problems

We've scored a lot of really great goals this season and this one is right up there with them.

Calmness and coolness personified.

And then there's a fantastic write up in the accompanying article.

There's many players I'm going to be over the moon to see lift that trophy and collect their own winners medal come the end of the season and I'll be absolutely delighted to see Defoe get his first league winners medal. What a guy.

I’m so glad he’s finally going to win something, he had left spurs by time they won the CC I’m sure so this will be his first real medal.

Dead likeable guy, top pro, good player & an all round Proper Ranger.
It says in the article that he actually left Spurs the month before the final and only got his medal in 2018! What a great way to end a great career, I'd imagine he'd be a huge personality in the dressing room and along with Davis is a role medal for the young boys coming through.

It says in the article that he actually left Spurs the month before the final and only got his medal in 2018! What a great way to end a great career, I'd imagine he'd be a huge personality in the dressing room and along with Davis is a role medal for the young boys coming through.
JD definitely is, he’s called “Uncle” by some the younger guys in the dressing room like Aribo (I know he’s 25 soon but you get my point) and Dapo for example.

Just seems like a top guy.

What a way to end your career if he so choses.

He has been an asset on the park but I think even more importantly he has been such a good role model off the park. Hope he sticks around in a coaching capacity should he call it a day.

He got a League Cup winners medal with Spurs in 2008. Only turned vegan in 2017 to help prolong his career, some man. Correction, he had left before the final.

I'm always on here banging my gums about this wee guy. If it were down to me he'd have featured a lot more for us this season especially to kill teams off but hey what do I know? That said nobody will be happier to see him awarded a champions medal than me because he's contributed enough to justify one as far as I'm concerned.

Buzzing for him, one of the great guys not just in football but in life. Always humble, a top pro and role model for the youngsters coming through.

A bit of a travesty that he hasn't picked up more honours in the game but this one will genuinely mean the world to him.

I'll be delighted for him. While I understand why he's only had a bit part role, as he doesn't give us what Morelos and Roofe can for 90mins, I still believe he's the best finisher at the club.

If I had to choose just one player to have a last minute chance in a game we had to win, I'd want it to fall to JD.

Enjoy your medal champ!

Love JD, a true Ranger and a great man. Hopefully 55 isnt the last trophy he lifts with us. Id love him to stay for 56

He's a good person.

For me that's the highest accolade you can bestow on someone. To be good people.

As for that goal, it was deceptively brilliant in its execution. He made the almost impossible look so easy. It takes a special player to do that.

He's a legend. A footballing legend. And I didn't cry when I got to the bit about his Mum phoning him about his OBE. I didn't, right?

Reading between the lines he’s had as much of not more important a role off the park than on it for us.
I can imagine he's a great influence and mentor for the younger players in the squad. Not only his playing ability but his overall attitude to fitness and diet, the way he presents himself, and his humility. He's the model professional and a real asset to have at the club. I'd love him to stay around as a coach.

Jermaine Defoe is an absolute class act and we are proud to have him in the team and i do hope he sticks around after he stops playing,coaching role would be excellent,there will be no prouder person to watch Jermaine get a medal than our very own gaffer

Love the guy. Tremendous footballer and a great guy with real class. It's great that he'll be getting a league winners medal at this stage of his career

We've scored a lot of really great goals this season and this one is right up there with them.

Calmness and coolness personified.

And then there's a fantastic write up in the accompanying article.

There's many players I'm going to be over the moon to see lift that trophy and collect their own winners medal come the end of the season and I'll be absolutely delighted to see Defoe get his first league winners medal. What a guy.
That was a great read. He is a icon of his era. I will be so happy for him, a class act.

The finish was top draw.

But.... lets also talk about the delivery from Tav. Absolutely mm perfect. Defoe didn't have to alter his run, slow or speed up, needs some kudos too!!

Top career, top player, top professional.

And he gets to the end of it and becomes a legend in the most successful football team in the world. Thrilled for him!

From day 1 Jermain Defoe has just got it. Think he fell in love with the club straight away.

Will go down as a Rangers hero.

I'll be honest I had my doubts before he came up ( I was thinking another English forward like Ian Wright / C***c who'll struggle with the hype). Love when I get it wrong.

He oozes class one the pitch and the same off it too with his obvious encouragement, mentoring to the lads and younger gers. I really hope next year is a player/coach role officially and we can groom the next Gerrard.

He might not have played every game far from it . And that was never the plan . It should never be underestimated the influence he’s had on this squad . Alfie especially . In the dictionary under model pro there should just be a picture of Jermaine Defoe .

Back