AGM opportunity vs ongoing division

Tequila

My opinions on king’s “wise” “shrewd” and “polished” opinions (quoting Jack) are well known.

However there are questions asked that create rancour, confusion and division.

This is of course completely deliberate.

Now I’m used to AGMs in multiple industries and the way they are delivered / the end product boards are acclimatised to delivering.

However, this AGM is - while not in any means a crisis point - an opportunity.

Communication from the club is as bad as I have ever known it - there is, I hate to say it, more than a whiff of arrogance about it too.

I believe this year offers an opportunity - be transparent, where not legally restrictive. Present a plan and forecast that galvanises.

I don’t want to be hearing the same old waffle that this year inevitably focuses on record sale (bassey), bringing on youth and selling (Patterson) and investing in the future with transfers and infrastructure.

This ignores multiple issues, including the rebuild that is required and what money is available for that over the next 18 months. Alongside injuries and debatable transfer activity incoming.

Critically it ignores how the support feel in terms of their relationship with the club.

There will always be nay-sayers against a board. That’s the way of the world.

This year it’s time for the board to step out from behind the curtain and engage. Bring the support on the journey. Get buy-in.

It’s a real weakness at present - shit comms and treating the support like distant consumers. It’s not what is needed,

Time to turn the dial.

? King v Park , I only see King and his ego

I agree - and I’d be happy for the club to get ahead of it and just communicate more professionally.

What is the vision. What is the plan.

Engage and we follow. The support are not happy or in s good place - I know I don’t feel a connection at all with the hierarchy or club direction.

For one I’d be happy to be taken in to the fold a bit. I’m not asking for a seat at the board table I’m just asking for the board to take us on their journey a bit more.

It would also help galvanise support more generally and cull what king seems insistent upon - ambulance chasing to flog his shares at more than 40p.

My opinions on king’s “wise” “shrewd” and “polished” opinions (quoting Jack) are well known.

However there are questions asked that create rancour, confusion and division.

This is of course completely deliberate.

Now I’m used to AGMs in multiple industries and the way they are delivered / the end product boards are acclimatised to delivering.

However, this AGM is - while not in any means a crisis point - an opportunity.

Communication from the club is as bad as I have ever known it - there is, I hate to say it, more than a whiff of arrogance about it too.

I believe this year offers an opportunity - be transparent, where not legally restrictive. Present a plan and forecast that galvanises.

I don’t want to be hearing the same old waffle that this year inevitably focuses on record sale (bassey), bringing on youth and selling (Patterson) and investing in the future with transfers and infrastructure.

This ignores multiple issues, including the rebuild that is required and what money is available for that over the next 18 months. Alongside injuries and debatable transfer activity incoming.

Critically it ignores how the support feel in terms of their relationship with the club.

There will always be nay-sayers against a board. That’s the way of the world.

This year it’s time for the board to step out from behind the curtain and engage. Bring the support on the journey. Get buy-in.

It’s a real weakness at present - shit comms and treating the support like distant consumers. It’s not what is needed,

Time to turn the dial.
I don't know about turning any dials but it's time to get real.

There will be no CL money next season.

A - That shower currently at Ibrox will not be overturning nine points and a -17 GD.

B - With almost a full team needing overhauled in just two transfer windows we will be nowhere near a settled squad that will have to play two qualifiers next season.

If, by some good fortune this year's AGM passes relatively quietly for the board then I suggest they had better make the most of it because I reckon the next few years will be anything but.

I don't know about turning any dials but it's time to get real.

There will be no CL money next season.

A - That shower currently at Ibrox will not be overturning nine points and a -17 GD.

B - With almost a full team needing overhauled in just two transfer windows we will be nowhere near a settled squad that will have to play two qualifiers next season.

If, by some good fortune this year's AGM passes relatively quietly for the board then I suggest they had better make the most of it because I reckon the next few years will be anything but.
It won’t pass quietly - albeit I’m certain new manager appointment timed “perfectly” for positivity alongside repeat repeat repeat re bassey and Patterson,

Great stuff - what’s next?

There needs to be transparency on that. We have shown that in adversity we have the best support in the world. There is no debate there. The last decade shows that.

Be honest. Engage.

If I’m told tomorrow that we are of course doing all we can to win the league this season but the reality is we have a huge job on our hands and have an 18 month plan to transform things and during that time the support will be engaged with then I’m on board.

I’d like to understand that plan also - and I’d like the comfort that knowing the board realise the reality of the situation.

What I will not stomach is an AGM with Beale and all pretending things are fine. They are NOT fine. It goes deeper than GVB.

The board should understand we need to know they get that,

In the end a successful team and we are happy , Gio had all the credentials to succeed. Former player, loads of respect bla bla , do u think the board are happy ffs , aye mistakes were made by could have been forgiven if Gio and the players gave a shit

It won’t pass quietly - albeit I’m certain new manager appointment timed “perfectly” for positivity alongside repeat repeat repeat re bassey and Patterson,

Great stuff - what’s next?

There needs to be transparency on that. We have shown that in adversity we have the best support in the world. There is no debate there. The last decade shows that.

Be honest. Engage.

If I’m told tomorrow that we are of course doing all we can to win the league this season but the reality is we have a huge job on our hands and have an 18 month plan to transform things and during that time the support will be engaged with then I’m on board.

I’d like to understand that plan also - and I’d like the comfort that knowing the board realise the reality of the situation.

What I will not stomach is an AGM with Beale and all pretending things are fine. They are NOT fine. It goes deeper than GVB.

The board should understand we need to know they get that,

Therein lies our problem. I stand by what I say. There will be no CL riches next season so that means they will be another 30 mill or so ahead of us BEFORE a ball is kicked, before ST monies are taken into account for next season.

Yet we will need to win the league next term (which takes us up to the hypothetical 18 months you have mentioned) to halt another major decline on a 'beer budget.'.

Also, and this is the biggy for me. If it is Beale who is brought in, it suggests to me that we have went down the exact same route as with Gio a year ago and have already hand picked one person without looking at any other options. And no one can convince me there are not other options out there.

And the bottom line is, Seville or not, Gio has ultimately proved to be a disaster for us. It beggars belief that the same people who brought the club to our present state of affairs can be allowed to participate in the same selection process this time around.

The board might be Rangers men, they might all be great businessmen in their respective fields. Collectively, they simply cannot take this club any further forward.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and I'll eat all the humble pie you care to throw at me.

Last edited:
In the end a successful team and we are happy , Gio had all the credentials to succeed. Former player, loads of respect bla bla , do u think the board are happy ffs , aye mistakes were made by could have been forgiven if Gio and the players gave a shit
I honestly think the board see current situation as a blip to be remedied just by switching out Gio.

That is the concern.

The levels of content at squad assembled a few months ago worried me

Therein lies our problem. I stand by what I say. There will be no CL riches next season so that means they will be another 30 mill or so ahead of us BEFORE a ball is kicked, before ST monies are taken into account for next season.

Yet we will need to win the league next term (which takes us up to the hypothetical 18 months you have mentioned) to halt another major decline on a 'beer budget.'.

Also, and this is the biggy for me. If it is Beale who is brought in, it suggests to me that we have went down the exact same route as with Gio a year ago and have already hand picked one person without looking at any other options. And no one can convince me there are not other options out there.

And the bottom line is, Seville or not, Gio has ultimately proved to be a disaster for us. It beggars belief that the same people who brought the club to our present state of affairs can be allowed to participate in the same selection process this time around.

The board might be Rangers men, they might all be great businessmen in their respective fields. Collectively, they simply cannot take this club any further forward.

Hopefully I'm wrong and I'll eat all the humble pie you care to throw at me.
Should add at this juncture I’m in no way a fan of board.

I’m just at stage of reality it’s what we will have for some time.

To that end, no humble pie to be thrown.

Back