Agm shares through different platform

jdm1873

I have shares via Barclays for Rangers.

Today I've been advises that the AGM is only for people with shares via Tifosy and I therefore cannot attend.

Surely this isn't the case. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Not true. I have shares from shyster Green prospectus and get invite every year.

Could not comment on the Barclays process but you have a right to attend as a shareholder.

Yeah that isn’t true. Mines are under SignalShare(Link) but I received the AGM pack about 3 weeks ago with an attendance card .

Not true. I have shares from shyster Green prospectus and get invite every year.

Could not comment on the Barclays process but you have a right to attend as a shareholder.
I got my shares through Barclays, and get my pack and attendance card every year.

That doesn't seem right, best get that queried.

I don't have a shareholding at present, but most folk I know going purchased them way before the Tifosy initiative.

Do you do it via barclays smart investor?
No got my shares years ago, if I remember correctly I had to pay a little bit extra to get the share certificate in my name otherwise Barclays would retain the voting rights as the share certificate would have been retained by Barclays, if that makes sense.

No got my shares years ago, if I remember correctly I had to pay a little bit extra to get the share certificate in my name otherwise Barclays would retain the voting rights as the share certificate would have been retained by Barclays, if that makes sense.

Makes sense cheers

Makes sense cheers
Yeah, if you didn’t pay to get the shares certificated in your own name then the broker retains the voting rights. However, they should be contacting you and asking you whether you wish to attend and, if not, how you wish to vote. That’s my understanding at least.

It’s well worth paying the dosh to have the shares certificated. Usually somewhere between £25-£40, depending on who you are with.

I’ve got shares thru Halifax.

I don’t have a certificate but they are held in one of their share dealing accounts.

When the agm comes around I get a letter from them informing me of the date, time and place. The resolutions to be voted on are also listed.

if I want to go I tick a box and return it to them. They’ll issue a letter of attendance. if I don’t reply they do everything.

Back