Aguero and Sian Massey Elliss

WinkieWATP

Not really too sure what happened other than he put an arm round her. Listening to talk sport and some woman is on just now basically describing Aguero as some sort of sexpest. She said things like that are the reason why woman walk with keys in their hands in city centres incase they need to use them as a weapon.

Mental reaction and well over the top imho.

What was inappropriate about it? I’ve seen footballers put their arms round male refs?
He grabbed an official in what looked like an aggressive manner and of course it looked worse because the official was a woman. Would you be happy if you were grabbed like that?

How is it inappropriate though? The woman isn’t complaining because he broke the laws of the game or because he wasn’t carded.
Sian Massey didn't complaining about it. To be honest the creepiest thing about the whole thing was the way he slid his hand over her back after squeezing her shoulder.

Women get touched inappropriately every day, that's where the issue is.

Sian Massey didn't complaining about it. To be honest the creepiest thing about the whole thing was the way he slid his hand over her back after squeezing her shoulder.

Women get touched inappropriately every day, that's where the issue is.
Maybe so but in my opinion this isn’t one of those occasions. It happens all the time in sport. Ffs i’ve seen referees slap players arses.

Next it will be avert your eyes grom speaking to females incase they think you are checking them out.
The Aguero incident is an over reaction. If he had done that to a male official there would be no discussion. If women want equality then there should be no difference. He didnt grab or grope her ffs. He put his arm round her as if having a chat.
The world is fucked

If women want equality then what's their feckin problem with this. If he did this to a male linesman nobody would say a thing about it.
This constant clamour in society just now to be offended or to scream about the most insignificant things does my feckin box in. The world is full of hand wringers.

Maybe so but in my opinion this isn’t one of those occasions. I happens all the time in sport. Ffs i’ve seen referees slap players arses.

Never caught the woman who was on with Whites name but she was basically accusing Aguero of the equivalent some drunk sticking his hand up a birds skirt in a nightclub or the like. :oops:

Id imagine Talksport will be getting contacted from City about that because putting it alongside things like that are ridiculous.

Everybody will have their own views but my reaction to seeing it without hearing about it beforehand was that it just didn't look right !

Never caught the woman who was on with Whites name but she was basically accusing Aguero of the equivalent some drunk sticking his hand up a birds skirt in a nightclub or the like. :oops:

Id imagine Talksport will be getting contacted from City about that because putting it alongside things like that are ridiculous.
As i said previously, in all the years i’ve watched footballs, players have had contact with referees and opponents, small interactions, hand shakes, pats, having a laugh with them. That’s not uncommon on a football field, and if thats a male referee absolutely nobody says a word about it.

For me he should have been carded, but nothing to do with sex. He remonstrated and when the official went to move away he made physical contact to prevent this. If we are to expect that things are different based on the sex of the officials, or players I guess then we really are in a bad place.

The only time there should be any contact between players and officials is a handshake before and after. Obviously things like helping a player back to his feet or such like.

Edit: On second thoughts, wouldn’t it be interesting to see the response if a female official was to pat a male player on the ar$e.

My only problem with him was the fact that I was brought up with the understanding that no official should ever be touched, and if you do, it's a sending off.

The world we live in these days means there was always going to be an overreaction because it was a female official

all that needs to come out of this is for clear guidelines to be made by the F.A etc, then there is no doubt what is deemed appropriate and inappropriate.

Can’t believe what I’m reading here

He should have been carded - for what??

There’s many examples of players putting their arms on refs having a word etc.

We always hear of females wanting equality. Now they have it, it’s a disgrace what he done?

You’d think he grabbed her arse the way folk are going on ffs

A nothing incident

My only problem with him was the fact that I was brought up with the understanding that no official should ever be touched, and if you do, it's a sending off.

The world we live in these days means there was always going to be an overreaction because it was a female official
Ironically, the biggest reason why male refs should be used for male football and women for the woman's game.
If handwringers outside football are giving air time when they can't show a bit of equality, it might be the safest option.

She is a really good at her job, she is treated as a professional by the players, cant be different rules for her because she is a woman
Although she hasn't said anything about it, it's just the ultra woke looking to be offended

If this was a guy.....what happens if the linesman is gay?

Needs to get a fucking grip with this stuff.
It's not about sexual orientation. I wasn't offended by it but if women are telling you it's wrong, and the vast majority who have commented seem to be, then listen to their experiences and reasoning as to why they feel it needs dealt with. It's not that difficult.

When Aguero is inevitably asked to apologise I hope he tells them to ram it up their arse.

I bet the girl herself isn't bothered in the slightest but as usual a section have to be offended on her behalf.

After reading the first few posts on this thread I was expecting him to have his arm around her whispering in her ear!

nothing in it malicious or any hint of deviancy.

It was a card for touching an official thats all.

If this is the reaction due to the fact shes a women, then she shouldnt be officiating in mens games

Back