Aguero and Sian Massey Elliss

That's the point though, this is part of it. Instead of being against it you have people on here claiming it was nothing and part of PC culture.

I typed snow flakes and for some reason it changes to hunks if you type it as one word. That's a weird one.

What have you been googling frequently :))

I don’t really think it’s creepy in a sex pest way but I do think it was a patronising thing to do. She was trying to walk away and he pulled her back by the neck. Not appropriate to touch the official that way, male or female

Players touch other players refs and lino’s like that all the time, if him doing it to her is an issue then her being on the line is the problem.

It’s also inappropriate for me to put an arm around auditor/regulator when I’m meeting them. Not very professional and an unwarranted invasion of personal space.

I can see people having an issue with that.

I don’t see Aguero being a sexpest.

The worse he’s done is try to influence a match official by being overly friendly - which is unprofessional and trying to gain an unsporting advantage.

Anything else is people looking for something to be offended by.

Agree with this, I doubt he would have done to a male official.
Plenty do and have done.

Wouldn’t be a talking point if Massey was male. Unless of course Aguero is one of the EPL players yet to come out as gay! Which of course changes the media’s narrative again.

Much a do about nothing.

Aguero was wrong, not the crime of the century, but he should not have put his hands on her, it's inappropriate contact. She's clearly not comfortable with it.
For those saying it's nothing, try putting your arm on a woman's shoulder or neck next time you have a disagreement with one in your office or workspace. It generally won't end well.
I don't want guys putting hands on my daughters uninvited. Aguero should just apologize and acknowledge it was a mistake he regrets.

Aguero was wrong, not the crime of the century, but he should not have put his hands on her, it's inappropriate contact. She's clearly not comfortable with it.
For those saying it's nothing, try putting your arm on a woman's shoulder or neck next time you have a disagreement with one in your office or workspace. It generally won't end well.
I don't want guys putting hands on my daughters uninvited. Aguero should just apologize and acknowledge it was a mistake he regrets.
How I see it. Slight and quite timid lass to me who didn’t welcome it. Seen a mate do it last year in the pub when a lass about 8 stone and 18 odd brought the beers over, he was only pissing about but she wasn’t comfortable with it and neither were us with him for it. Not a massive thing but can’t see the point in doing it or thinking it’s ok.

She didn’t welcome it. To me, less in a sex pest way and very much in a “get your hands off a match official” way. Taking it as a professional insult rather than sexual assault. It clearly wasn’t, it’s too much of a leap to equate him with a groper.

Would he have done it to a fella, probably not. But it’s done now, it wasn’t the smartest thing in the world to do and I doubt any player will as much as breathe within 2m of her now for fear of being called out on it.

Bunch of men in this thread telling women how they should feel about being touched inappropriately..... by men.

Amazing stuff.

"If they want equality" brigade out in full force too. A wonderful mix of sexist, backwards thinking idiots.

1 - You shouldn't put your hand on anyone in that manner, male or female. That is 'equality'.
2 - It was inappropriate and overly familiar. He hasn't done anything abhorrent, but he shouldn't have put his hand on her.
3 - Women have historically been victims of inappropriate touching. Equality doesn't mean that it's ok to do so now.

This forum really attracts the worst in our support sometimes.

If the official was male it wouldn't even be mentioned.

So what's the issue here?

Is it that she's female? If so, don't they want equality? Or should players behave completely differently?
You're not supposed to treat women any differently in these situations though. But you're supposed to remember and acknowledge the fact that they are women and should be treated as such. But you're not supposed to treat women any differently in these situations though! And on and on...

I saw a woman going on about this sort of thing and her logic went round in circles sadly. Essentially she was annoyed if people viewed everyone as a blank slate (therefore the men and women would be given the exact same treatment) but she was also annoyed when people viewed her as a woman first. I honestly couldn't make sense of what she was saying

Bunch of men in this thread telling women how they should feel about being touched inappropriately..... by men.

Amazing stuff.

"If they want equality" brigade out in full force too. A wonderful mix of sexist, backwards thinking idiots.

1 - You shouldn't put your hand on anyone in that manner, male or female. That is 'equality'.
2 - It was inappropriate and overly familiar. He hasn't done anything abhorrent, but he shouldn't have put his hand on her.
3 - Women have historically been victims of inappropriate touching. Equality doesn't mean that it's ok to do so now.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Until you’ve experienced what it’s like to be a woman being touched by a man when you don’t want to be, you couldn’t possibly understand. Whether it be being pulled by the neck or something worse.

If your partner/mum/sister had a guy at their work having a go at their performance and trying to intimidate them by putting their hands on them in that way most saying it’s overblown would be going bonkers. Time to move onto a place where this isn’t acceptable

Which is also completely inappropriate.

It puts the player in a position of power, and as per the letter of the law he should have at least been shown a yellow. She did well in how she dealt with it.
A position of power? Are you being serious? It's a sign of compassion when you put your arm round someone's back to ask them a question, he didn't have her in a headlock fs

A lot of nonsense. It should actually be offensive to woman that this is being made a thing. If it had been a man he'd put his arm around nothing would have been said. But because she's a woman it's patronising? Sexist? Talksport have been particularly nauseating on it.

Amazing stuff.

So you think any form of physical contact whatsoever is inappropriate? Where have your threads been whenever men have done it to each other?

You can't exactly be a supporter of equality if you are disgusted by this but stay silent any time it happens to a guy so wrap the virtue signalling shite pal.

Trying to paint people on here as misogynistic tyrants as well for having an opinion is pathetic as well. It's like saying because I'm not a Syrian refugee I can't say Middle Eastern conflict is horrible.

Wait until there's overall forced equality and we have women playing with men. What then?

OIP.tNUE20DUEdwZPuv-NQCgawHaFz

OIP.DO2NjdfKjMBLCYxxR8AzwwHaE7

I'm sure you would be saying the same if Brown did that to a linesman on Saturday...

If someone did that to me they would have been told to f.uck off and keep their hands to their self.

Would you say they might draw back a stump if they touched you again?

Do you find what’s going on in these pictures appropriate behaviour?
Which pictures? The ones of Aguero or the ones I posted?
I'm only half joking with what I posted. In the current climate a woman is going to be pushed on a professional men's team within a decade. Look at all the grabbing that goes on during games and relate it to a man grabbing a women. Vinnie Jones built a career on grabbing Gazza's knob. If he did it in a mixed gender game, all 63 of them, he'd be in the pokey.
Had Aguero grabbed the shoulder of a man it would be nothing. And he did grab. The narrative he "put his arm around her" has all manner of connotations and people are supposed to fall for it. From that he's getting grief for being a sex pest.
At worst he's being a little condescending. Condescension goes on in every game and the walk of life. Stick everyone on the list.
A spur of the moment, fraction of a second action and now women are carrying keys to protect themselves.
The world, driven by the media, is absolutely mental.

So you think any form of physical contact whatsoever is inappropriate? Where have your threads been whenever men have done it to each other?

You can't exactly be a supporter of equality if you are disgusted by this but stay silent any time it happens to a guy so wrap the virtue signalling shite pal.

Trying to paint people on here as misogynistic tyrants as well for having an opinion is pathetic as well. It's like saying because I'm not a Syrian refugee I can't say Middle Eastern conflict is horrible.

Truly, a learned brain at work.

Two guys in a physical sport touching each other is to be expected. And for what its worth, no player should put a hand on an official, male or female. I don't need to 'start a thread' on it because whenever someone puts their hand on an official most agree its a poor thing to do.

And no, having an opinion does not make you a misogynistic tyrant. That's a silly thing to say. But a group of men in a chatroom using 'weLl TheY WaNted EqUALity' as a justification of it is a wee touch misogynistic.

My original point, away from your hissy-fit, was that maybe the player shouldn't touch the assistant referee, male or female. I even said that he didn't do anything abhorrent, but it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have done it.

Kudos on the virtue signalling line. It's like the full house on bell-end bingo when that one's thrown out.

Just seen it for the first time and on face value - a man disagrees with a woman's decision and grabs her neck.

It's a sending off and a sensitivity training session with an apology and the world moves on. Serge learns that just because it's a lassie running the line doesn't mean he should act differently with her.

I absolutely hate it when blokes do that arm round the back of the neck thing by the way. It's a way of physically controlling someone, it's definitely not meant to be friendly despite the offender's protests.

It's not a vile assault on her person, it's just a bit innapropriate. Maybe folk are overreacting but I will suggest that if you're offended by people being offended then perhaps you're too easily offended?

I genuinely can’t understand how much effort it would take to get upset by this. I know the term hunk is used a lot, but these people are beyond pathetic.

It’s an easy solution, but I suspect they badly need their hole.

Which pictures? The ones of Aguero or the ones I posted?
I'm only half joking with what I posted. In the current climate a woman is going to be pushed on a professional men's team within a decade. Look at all the grabbing that goes on during games and relate it to a man grabbing a women. Vinnie Jones built a career on grabbing Gazza's knob. If he did it in a mixed gender game, all 63 of them, he'd be in the pokey.
Had Aguero grabbed the shoulder of a man it would be nothing. And he did grab. The narrative he "put his arm around her" has all manner of connotations and people are supposed to fall for it. From that he's getting grief for being a sex pest.
At worst he's being a little condescending. Condescension goes on in every game and the walk of life. Stick everyone on the list.
A spur of the moment, fraction of a second action and now women are carrying keys to protect themselves.
The world, driven by the media, is absolutely mental.
Your overhyping the whole thing as badly as any perma offended person is. His actions were meant to intimidate the assistant referee, to influence her next decisions. No player on the park should touch in any way the referee or his assistants. End of. Any actions like that are intimidating and wrong. He should have at least been booked for that.

I am not sure the sex of the assistant is actually important, he would have done the same either way.

Also, to the folk saying, "I bet she loved it," just know that though I am unoffended by your remarks I have pegged you as creepy mouth breathers who I wouldn't want within 50 yards of my friends and family.

It was completely patronising. He was arguing a point, realised she wasnt listening to him and then he put his arm around her. It came across, to me anyway, that he was patronising her.

Agree. Not sure patronising an official is a cautionable offence. Except for Alfie, obviously.

Truly, a learned brain at work.

Two guys in a physical sport touching each other is to be expected. And for what its worth, no player should put a hand on an official, male or female. I don't need to 'start a thread' on it because whenever someone puts their hand on an official most agree its a poor thing to do.

And no, having an opinion does not make you a misogynistic tyrant. That's a silly thing to say. But a group of men in a chatroom using 'weLl TheY WaNted EqUALity' as a justification of it is a wee touch misogynistic.

My original point, away from your hissy-fit, was that maybe the player shouldn't touch the assistant referee, male or female. I even said that he didn't do anything abhorrent, but it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have done it.

Kudos on the virtue signalling line. It's like the full house on bell-end bingo when that one's thrown out.
Aye start with the condescending shite.

Officials do it back to players and vice versa constantly, putting your hand on someone's back when you're checking to see if they're alright is literally a gesture of compassion, how the %^*& is that a poor thing to do? It is a completely different ball game when you're putting your hand on them in a threatening manner and when that does happen they get carded appropriately. That last line is nonsense too, just because things are universal opinion means they don't deserve awareness?

It absolutely can be used as justification in the sense that such a furore has occurred over something that happens to men constantly. If a woman feels being touched like that is inappropriate then of course that is rightfully her choice, but there is every chance a man would feel the same in that scenario yet there has been no widespread outrage. How is it equal for masses to assume the female will feel violated but not a male? I know women have far more of a history of being subject to touching etc., I don't see how that justifies ignoring male incidents though.

Having seen it at the time, I knew there would be some people who would be jumping aboard the offended bus but it really was a nothing incident.

If the official felt it was threatening or questioning their authority then a yellow card would have been shown but that should be it.

Aye start with the condescending shite.

Officials do it back to players and vice versa constantly, putting your hand on someone's back when you're checking to see if they're alright is literally a gesture of compassion, how the %^*& is that a poor thing to do? It is a completely different ball game when you're putting your hand on them in a threatening manner and when that does happen they get carded appropriately. That last line is nonsense too, just because things are universal opinion means they don't deserve awareness?

It absolutely can be used as justification in the sense that such a furore has occurred over something that happens to men constantly. If a woman feels being touched like that is inappropriate then of course that is rightfully her choice, but there is every chance a man would feel the same in that scenario yet there has been no widespread outrage. How is it equal for masses to assume the female will feel violated but not a male? I know women have far more of a history of being subject to touching etc., I don't see how that justifies ignoring male incidents though.
Your virtual signalling pish deserves condescension. Sorry mate, but it tends to get flung out by people without an argument. It’s not virtue signalling when someone’s opinion differs from yours. As a married man with two young girls, I happen to think men should generally not place their hands on any woman uninvited in any circumstance.

And the argument that it’s not brought up when it happens to men is a false equivalence. If men were historically faced with inappropriate touching and unwanted attention in that manner, it would be an issue.

Aguero didn’t do anything all that bad. But it speaks volumes when this forum is full of angry men being upset that a few people reasonably suggest he should just not touch the official.

Back