Ahmed Kendouci

We were linked with him in the summer i think

Last January.

Algerian midfielder Ahmed Kendouci is being targeted by Rangers, according to reports in the player's homeland.

22-year-old Kendouci comes highly-rated in Africa and has three goals in 10 games this season for ES Setif.

Reports earlier this week suggested Celtic were interested, although it isn't believed that has gone as far as talks between the clubs.

It was even claimed that the Hoops had contacted Rangers hero and former Algeria international Madjid Bougherra for information.

Last January.

Algerian midfielder Ahmed Kendouci is being targeted by Rangers, according to reports in the player's homeland.

22-year-old Kendouci comes highly-rated in Africa and has three goals in 10 games this season for ES Setif.

Reports earlier this week suggested Celtic were interested, although it isn't believed that has gone as far as talks between the clubs.

It was even claimed that the Hoops had contacted Rangers hero and former Algeria international Madjid Bougherra for information.
Can you see Bougherra helping them over us?

I wonder if this is maybe a John Park find as it's the similar kind of profile of player he'd find when he worked for the mentally challengeds
Was wondering when this guy Park was going to start identifying and recommending talent.

Surprised it hasn’t been posted yet, but here is the obligatory YouTube link. Decent 25 odd minutes

Genk & OH Leuven have been heavily linked with him for about a year now after the amount of times they have watched him. He's a creative player I'll give him that but he won't also experienced the amount of defenders behind the ball like in the SPL. Im not sure it's what we need to get us back on track in the SPL. However he does have an eye for a pass and shot

I'd be intrigued. It's a market that I assume would produce physically robust players (can't imagine the Algerian league takes many prisoners) which is half the battle to adapting quickly to Scottish football, if he can match that with the skill and talent then he would be worth a punt.

Think we've all been surprised at how well that lot's Japanese players have coped with Scottish football. I've always felt we should take a look at the K-League. It's pretty physical and frantic. Find someone coping with that who has the required technique and they might do well for us.

Back