Airdrie boss Ian Murray conducts post-match interview as pro-IRA song blares in the background

Syme

The Diamonds gaffer seems oblivious as he responds to his side's 2-1 defeat to Montrose on Saturday.
Airdrieonians have scored a social media own goal after sharing a post-match interview with boss Ian Murray as a pro-IRA song blared in the background.
Murray was speaking to club media after his side's narrow League One defeat to Montrose at Links Park on Saturday.
But as the former Hibs and Rangers striker responds to the 2-1 loss, he seems oblivious to The Wolfe Tones' "Celtic Symphony" which can clearly be heard playing.
It's unclear who is playing the song or where it is coming from as it lasts for over a minute of Murray's interview.
The song contains the pro-IRA slogan "up the RA" and some Diamonds fans were unimpressed that the video was posted on the club's Vimeo channel.
Airdrie posted a link to the interview on their official Twitter account and the song didn't go unnoticed as it picked up several retweets and replies.

But one Diamonds fan was unimpressed.

@d14mnd wrote: "Any chance of that without the rebel songs?"
You can watch the interview Here

It’s getting fckn ridiculous now. Dribble that contains lyrics of up the ra isn’t sectarian? Dirty bstrds. Like said previously on the thread I doubt this is anything to do with airdrie boys??

They were playing in Glasgow on Friday. I went to see Massive Wagons at the Garage and ended up leaving early cause I knew my train would have been crawling with them.

Didn't the IRA kill a Catholic policeman because he refused to believe in their ideology? Surely that means the IRA are a sectarian terrorist organisation??

That needs to be reiterated over and over again to remove the "it's not sectarian" argument.

Not sure to be honest, but there’s no sensible or logical argument for them not being labelled sectarian.

Many years ago I played in GTFB, (Greengairs) Airdrie once had 14 Orange bands, cracking wee place,
In the 70s we took a supporters bus up to Montrose v Rangers in the cup, as we did then we stayed overnight and went to the dancing, mentally challengeds came in late on from somewhere and a few of us took a battering.

It’s getting fckn ridiculous now. Dribble that contains lyrics of up the ra isn’t sectarian? Dirty bstrds. Like said previously on the thread I doubt this is anything to do with airdrie boys??
let's be honest here the majority of the people the ira scum MURDERED was protestant so in my book that makes it sectarian.

Think Montrose is the only place in angus with a rc primary school.most of my family is from Montrose on my dads side and they were either all bears or bear friendly.

Think Montrose is the only place in angus with a rc primary school.most of my family is from Montrose on my dads side and they were either all bears or bear friendly.

I grew up on the street that school is on. When I was growing up Montrose was more sheep than anything else, as I got older I started to see more unwashed about.

I grew up on the street that school is on. When I was growing up Montrose was more sheep than anything else, as I got older I started to see more unwashed about.
Montrose has two rsc’s running at one point in the 90’s Montrose loyal and the gable Enders rsc who are still going.

I'm surprised at that. Any dressing room that I was ever in and that shite would have been turfed into the shower room.

I can't believe somebody wouldn't have said to turn that shite off. Strange days.

I know that most lower league teams have players that support us and them but surely other players would be having a word about playing that shite?

Many years ago I played in GTFB, (Greengairs) Airdrie once had 14 Orange bands, cracking wee place,
In the 70s we took a supporters bus up to Montrose v Rangers in the cup, as we did then we stayed overnight and went to the dancing, mentally challengeds came in late on from somewhere and a few of us took a battering.
I wouldn’t put my hands up to that

Been told it came from the Montrose dressing room
My dear old grandad (who bought my first rangers strip) will be turning in his grave as he went to links park regularly as did all my family on my dads side and I went with them on a few occasions in the 70’s.

Cannot be coming from the Airdrie dressing room. Knowing the kitman personally there is no way he would let this crap be played and be there

Back