Airdrie Fans attacked at the Piggery

I remember when we won the league at Broomfield, a number of our fans tried a celebratory pitch invasion and the Section B didn’t take too well to it, and a few punches were thrown

I remember when we won the league at Broomfield, a number of our fans tried a celebratory pitch invasion and the Section B didn’t take too well to it, and a few punches were thrown
They were also with Wigan at the start of the season when they met Rangers outside the toby jug.

When we won the league at Broomfield, the only Airdrie fans in the ground were all casuals. At the end of the game we all piled onto the pitch to celebrate and everyone of them came on for a fight. A few kicks and punches were exchanged and they all got chased.
Don’t care if they’re Loyalists or not. Their support are c*nts. Christ, Traynor is one of them.
In saying that, I hope they dished out a few sore faces today.

When we won the league at Broomfield, the only Airdrie fans in the ground were all casuals. At the end of the game we all piled onto the pitch to celebrate and everyone of them came on for a fight. A few kicks and punches were exchanged and they all got chased.
Don’t care if they’re Loyalists or not. Their support are c*nts. Christ, Traynor is one of them.
In saying that, I hope they dished out a few sore faces today.
5 in a row season? Not a chance the full Airdrie end was only their casuals :D. I was there as a young kid (from Airdrie) and remember it well.

The current day 'B' in any case are night and day from the old school ones who were truly nutters.

nothing manly about fighting with 149 backup, more liberty taking than fighting id imagine, and yes it is tragic for anyone over the age of 17

Yip, just like the headline in The Sun a few years back 'Ouchski'. Trying to play down and make lighthearted the fact a Moscow fan got his head split open by a brick thrown by a Celtic fan. Utter scumbags.
I remember that well. It was accompanied by a photo of the said brick about to hit it's target, with the caption along the lines of "Russian thug gets his just desserts."

Timmy media, gotta love it, eh?

Airdrie Academy loyal here, remember if we were away from home my folks would give me £3 to go up and watch Airdrie, Jim my Sanderson, Black, Nipper Lawrence, Andy Smith and Owen Coyle, Johnny Martin. They were a hard awkward team, remember Pavel Nedved Sparta Prague turning up at old Broomfield.
They had a healthy crowd too back in the old Broomfield days. The town itself is sad to see these days, losing the football ground helped with that decline. Ironically I went on to have a part time number in the new Safeway which went in its place but sad all the same.

Back