Airdrie Thistle Brawl - Section B Still Going Strong

Its a bit of a myth that they never attacked ordinary fans. Saw it plenty times, mainly at easter road and aberdeen. They maybe went out to fight with their "opposite numbers" but if that didnt happen then anyone else was fair game. The aberdeen lot in particular were mainly cowards to be honest and would attack old men and young kids without any conscience if the had the odds in their favour.
Correct.

Because they are all shitebags and can't fight to save their life but walk around thinking their something special cos they swung a punch at a drunk 18 stone man who didn't see it coming

Scary fellas
Well that's just utter bollocks, lazy stereotypical nonsense. The casual scene isn't my cuppa tea but I know plenty who were/are into it, and every one of them could look after themselves.

Well that's just utter bollocks, lazy stereotypical nonsense. The casual scene isn't my cuppa tea but I know plenty who were/are into it, and every one of them could look after themselves.
Don't mate, ChrystonBear is a fella with the fighting credentials of Mike Tyson.

No one compares to his expertise.

Dont get me wrong, you can see the appeal for that scene for younger boys. Its no difference from the skinhead and bootboy scene of the 1970s, football hooliganism in designerwear with a bit of organization. As you said young lads will always fight. The difference is you have people who probably took no part in it , stuart cosgrove for example,and try to make out casuals abided by a sort of noble code like samurai warriors. Pish like they never attacked normal fans, never used blades and never attacked smaller groups.

How do you know this
Vast majority of videos of casuals are fisticuffs and alot of jumping about , if a large portion of them were brilliant fighters I'd hope to see a bit more action , I don't really care either way just what I see on social media etc

Its a bit of a myth that they never attacked ordinary fans. Saw it plenty times, mainly at easter road and aberdeen. They maybe went out to fight with their "opposite numbers" but if that didnt happen then anyone else was fair game. The aberdeen lot in particular were mainly cowards to be honest and would attack old men and young kids without any conscience if the had the odds in their favour.
Sheep and Hibs were mainyl cowards who attacked scarfers and relied on huge numbers. Most genuinely hard casuals were from smaller clubs and firms.

There’s nothing woke about calling a bunch of grown men sad acts for going to a game to dance about pavements throwing windmills at random guys because they happen to support another team

Even more so when you see the age of some of the ones participating

Always with the 'pavement dancing' or 'tragic' all from cunts that wouldnt know a fight if it hit them between the eyes.

Not everyone wants to live the parochial life like you, accept it, move on.

Casual and football culture in general has been among the most influential sub-cultures in history, influencing, music, fashion, television and film.

Always with the 'pavement dancing' or 'tragic' all from cunts that wouldnt know a fight if it hit them between the eyes.

Casual and football culture in general has been among the most influential sub-cultures in history, influencing, music, fashion, television and film.

Think a lot of it was influenced by the Mod scene in the 60’s

This says it all about Partick Thistle, think the guy does quite well covering all stereotypical manerisams.

Celtic supporting dinosaur.

Not sure why his opinion counts for anything on this subject...

Because its more sensible than guys fainting on here at the thought of working class men having a fight.

Everything going on in the world and people fall over themselves to condemn something that is trivial in comparison.

Because its more sensible than guys fainting on here at the thought of working class men having a fight.

Everything going on in the world and people fall over themselves to condemn something that is trivial in comparison.
all because of a naughty song most of the time :p

Every casual firm is liberty takers that includes icf seen it first hand at Easter Road outside the game boy who looked about 15 walking with his dad(hibs scarfs on) getting battered,but aberdeen and hibs seem to be the scummiest of the lot,if folk are that desperate for a scrap when no do what the Eastern Europe's etc do go away out to the woods stick on different coloured bibs lol

Fantastic.

The panty wetters on here would do well with listening.
Not the same thing mate he's talking about people at football that end up in arguments and have a punch up a get that,the hooligan thing alot of the time is all pre arranged etc

123 who are we
we are the famous section b
Couple of Airdrie songs that should be up for Ivor Novello songwriting awards

"Oh Airdaraay (Oh Airdaraay)
"Is wonderful (Is wonderful)
"Oh Airdaraay is wonderful
"It's full of drugs, whores and buckfast
"Oh Airdaraay is wonderful"

or

"So let me take you by the hand
"And lead you through the streets of Airdrie
"I'll show you something
"I'll jump on your fuckin head"

I never understand how they know who they are hitting as everyone looks and dresses like a muppet. At least on the continent they dress like teams

Not the same thing mate he's talking about people at football that end up in arguments and have a punch up a get that,the hooligan thing alot of the time is all pre arranged etc

Nah, His overall point is about how much society overeacts to something relatively trivial in comparison to real societal problems and how laughable it is.

Every time I see this thread up near the top I always see the “still going” bit and assume the pavement dancing is still ongoing. Day 5!

I was talking to a guy yesterday at one of our suppliers who is an Airdrie fan and was at the game with his son (to watch the game just, not scrapping). He was telling me yesterday this is actually an annual event and every Scottish cup 4th round tie this happens. He has no idea why that particular game or round is the one but he said there was folk up from England for it (West Ham flag at the game) and lots of folk with London accents at the game.

Found it quite funny when I would have had Patrick down as one of the clubs least likely to get caught up in that carry on. Maybe easier when there’s hardly a police in site when it starts.

Because they are all shitebags and can't fight to save their life but walk around thinking their something special cos they swung a punch at a drunk 18 stone man who didn't see it coming

Scary fellas
Utter bullshit,i know plenty guys back in the day how could fight, because your part of a group doesnt instantly mean you cant handle yourself thats some assumption your making.

Dont get me wrong, you can see the appeal for that scene for younger boys. Its no difference from the skinhead and bootboy scene of the 1970s, football hooliganism in designerwear with a bit of organization. As you said young lads will always fight. The difference is you have people who probably took no part in it , stuart cosgrove for example,and try to make out casuals abided by a sort of noble code like samurai warriors. Pish like they never attacked normal fans, never used blades and never attacked smaller groups.

Well done for cramming in a comparison of casuals to Samurai. B-D

Video quality on the OP is terrible, but post-scrap photos of the Partick Thistle mob have just been leaked.

death-cab-best-emo-bands.jpg

I was talking to a guy yesterday at one of our suppliers who is an Airdrie fan and was at the game with his son (to watch the game just, not scrapping). He was telling me yesterday this is actually an annual event and every Scottish cup 4th round tie this happens. He has no idea why that particular game or round is the one but he said there was folk up from England for it (West Ham flag at the game) and lots of folk with London accents at the game.

Found it quite funny when I would have had Patrick down as one of the clubs least likely to get caught up in that carry on. Maybe easier when there’s hardly a police in site when it starts.
Thistle have had an active mob for nearly 40 years.

Back