Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

A warning to all bears. Once you’re through security, go straight to your gate and wait for the plane. Even if it’s an hour before. Getting on flights is torture at the moment, especially on the way home. I waited an hour at the gate coming home recently.

Hopefully you will be fine then mate. Its a tiny airport, but it was bursting at the seems that day we were there.
Aye, if you’re flying out early in the morning it looks absolutely horrendous, there’s a ridiculous amount of flights leaving in such a short space of time.

From what I’ve seen most of the videos of passengers queuing outside the building are filmed during that time of day.

It’s not just getting there early, you have to hope they open the check in and security is properly manned.
Effing nightmare.

Just had email from Easyjet telling me to get to airport 2 hours early for my flight on Monday to Gatwick.

I expect it will be even busier at Gatwick so I'll aim for 4 hours early for the flight to Seville on Tuesday

Flying from East Midlands to Malaga on Tuesday morning at 7.35, train down from Edinburgh on Monday night just to be on the safe side!!

Plenty bears on the 0530 flight to Lanzarote from Prestwick today. Flying on tomorrow to Malaga, or at least some are.

Big headline.

Story is really saying that on average, 4 passengers a day have missed their flight due to delays over the past 3 months.

I flew out from EDI on Thursday morning, 7am flight, airport security was bedlam, please leave in plenty of time :)

A wee bit of advice,

Anyone who is travelling to the airport by taxi for an early morning late night flight.

If you're wanting picked up at 4am play safe and book your car for 3.30am, it's due to a severe lack of taxis out working especially at that time in the morning and bookings will probably be running late.
God help anyone trying to get a Taxi from Larkhall, nearly everyone of them will be at the Airport themselves..

If you travel Edinburgh to Gatwick then to Faro do you have to leave the terminal and go back through security at Gatwick or can you just stay in the Departures area?

I was on this morning’s flight to Seville. 6:35 flight, took me 15 mins to get through including hold luggage drop off

14:15 flight to dublin for me on Tuesday from Edinburgh bought fast track just Incase for Edinburgh and dublin

Does anybody know how London Luton airport is? I'm flying from there to Malaga on Tuesday at 1530. I'm driving down from Glasgow and planning to leave at about 0500, does that give me plenty time?

Thanks for the thread. Just bought fast track on day of travel to be sure. Cheers. We’re on our way!

Just had email from Easyjet telling me to get to airport 2 hours early for my flight on Monday to Gatwick.

I expect it will be even busier at Gatwick so I'll aim for 4 hours early for the flight to Seville on Tuesday

I book a lot of travel for work and they’ve been emailing this for a while now for all airports. Security seems to be a nightmare already so definitely get there with plenty of time.

We are flying from Gatwick to Almeria on Tuesday afternoon but driving through the night to get there!

On the 8.20 Ryanair to Dublin from Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Have also booked fast track - probably won't be that fast with the amount of folk booking at this rate!

If you travel Edinburgh to Gatwick then to Faro do you have to leave the terminal and go back through security at Gatwick or can you just stay in the Departures area?

Unfortunately Gatwick has no transfer facility in the same manner Heathrow does.

You therefore need to go past baggage reclaim and customs and into the arrivals hall. You then need to go back through security into the departure hall.

For connecting onto a European/international flight from a domestic connection at Heathrow, you follow flight connections, quick scan of your boarding pass at the flight connections desk and then into the departure hall.

Unfortunately Gatwick has no transfer facility in the same manner Heathrow does.

You therefore need to go past baggage reclaim and customs and into the arrivals hall. You then need to go back through security into the departure hall.

For connecting onto a European/international flight from a domestic connection at Heathrow, you follow flight connections, quick scan of your boarding pass at the flight connections desk and then into the departure hall.
Cheers pal

Get there as early as possible folks, basically an airport the size of prestwick but traffic not far off of Glasgow’s hence there resources can’t handle it.

I was flying out there on a Friday afternoon back in March, got there 2hrs 45 before but was still really tight for flight, police were bringing people to the front of the queue if the flight was imminent and they were still miles back

Get a letter from your doctor saying you cannot stand for prolonged periods and need assistance to get through the security process.
It works every time!!

I've flown with them several times this euro campaign mate. Crazy as it sounds they have been absolutely spot on each time.
I've had 3 flights cancelled this year the first being Bronby, only one was them tbf

But it's just put me on edge, when it was something I never even thought about

We’re 10.25 am to Heathrow on Tuesday should be there for 8am hopefully that should be plenty time

Back