Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

Where from? If it stops at Edinburgh Park or Edinburgh Gateway getting off at those stops will get you immediately onto the trams and avoid city centre traffic.

Even if you come into city centre you have plenty of time. Edinburgh is tiny. Trams run constantly. You get off city centre, get on a tram you are at the airport and walking into the airport within 20 minutes. Don't worry, plenty of time.

Even if you come into city centre you have plenty of time. Edinburgh is tiny. Trams run constantly. You get off city centre, get on a tram you are at the airport and walking into the airport within 20 minutes. Don't worry, plenty of time.
Aye but if you're going by the Gateway or Edinburgh Park there's no real benefit to not getting off at them. As much as the Gateway is as much use as the Pope's baws generally.

Cheers everyone for responding. Glad I asked on the thread.

cheers Jamie. Really appreciate the offer and another one to show how bears are ready to help out one of their own.

But just found out a mates on same flight and he’s going to pick me up. But thanks for the kind offer all the same.
No problem at all mate.

Cardiff to Faro.
Departs 6:20pm, arrives 9:15pm.
Overnight stay in hotel.
Pick up hire car, drive to Seville.
Book into hotel.
Then head to the stadium (fan zone one unfortunately).
Watch the game….
Match report to follow……..

Just to add to the posts on chaotic scenes at airports, Im just back from a week in Lindos and the travel both ways was a total sh*tshow. Massive Qs, and just not enough folk to organise. I'd be getting there early doors particularly if you have cases to check in. If I didn't have my sons stag in Prague on Friday I'd be there with you all, ticket or not. Good luck everyone and safe travels.

There was a separate thread for edinburgh airport but it contained about 4 posts about edinburgh and about 5000000 posts about other airports. It even included info about someone and their ferry journey from fucking Tangiers. Think separate threads appears to be a losing battle mate.
Can't find the Tangiers Ferry - should have its own thread - Raging!!!!

The problem then was that we were sharing the queue with two flights to the caribbean... which were all full of folk flying back there for christmas... who had all overloaded their suitcases. Decent number of check in staff available but it was just slow as hell to get them through.

We arrived over 2 hours before departure, but were one of the last to have our bags checked in because people on earlier flights were getting called in front of us.

They held our flight for 25 mins to make sure everyone was there... which was less than Ideal as we had a 55 minute layover in Doha!

The most frustrating thing about it is that we booked with Qatar, thought we were flying with Qatar only to find out it was BA to Doha.
Thats a kick in the stones as Qatar piss all over BA. My second and third legs are with Qatar tomorrow morning.

Glasgow Monday night to Paris and Paris to Seville Tuesday morning. Anyone else on that route?

Not expecting it to be too mental on Monday but might just book fast track for peace of mind.
I'm doing that route on Tuesday/Wednesday, have you had to do any forms or upload vaccination certificates?

I'm doing that route on Tuesday/Wednesday, have you had to do any forms or upload vaccination certificates?

I done the EU dPLF for France, I don't believe I need to going by the guidance but just done it anyway for peace of mind just in case. Didn't do anything for Seville as was there couple weeks ago and never needed to then and it was fine.

I'm flying with Transavia, they never asked me to upload anything when checking in.

Last edited:
I'm the same mate, for Gatwick tomorrow. I cant load my covid recovery certificate from nhs scotland app, so I wont be able to check in online.
What's this mate? I just have the NHS Scotland app with my 3 jabs on it, what do I need to do to check in? Also BA from Gatwick but says its operated by Iberian.

Thats a kick in the stones as Qatar piss all over BA. My second and third legs are with Qatar tomorrow morning.

Yeah was a bit of a wounder that one mate. Food choices were terrible, barely offered drinks and my wife, despite requesting ‘veggie lacto ovo’ was given a bland vegan meal.

Still, can’t complain too much as the flight was maybe only 15% full so I got three seats to stretch out to myself.

Anyone know what Malaga passport control is like on arrivals? Got two hours tomorrow to get through and get train
Arrived last night back of 9 local time, passport control was empty as was the covid check. Took 5minutes to get through. All depends on which other flights lands before / after you and build the queue mate.

Just landed Bilbao. Asking for covid passports but not actually looking at them.

anyone going out Bristol ? Glasgow 2150 tonight the Gibraltar at 6 am the mora

Flying into Bristol around 10.30 tonight and flying back out to Spain first thing in morning. Hoping to find a decent place to get some sleep

FS4VXRTWAAEU_5Z

What's this mate? I just have the NHS Scotland app with my 3 jabs on it, what do I need to do to check in? Also BA from Gatwick but says its operated by Iberian.
To check in online you have to upload your vaccine status , negative test or proof of recovery to the ba system. My proof of recovery only shows up on my iphone app, so i cant load that onto my pc or the ba system.
You can go into nhs scotland website and download a copy of your vaccine status there.
This is only because i didnt take a booster. Have been in constant pain since June last year after my second one so didnt bother with a third.

Arrived last night back of 9 local time, passport control was empty as was the covid check. Took 5minutes to get through. All depends on which other flights lands before / after you and build the queue mate.
Cheers mate , only a few flights in at the time I land and there eu flights so should be quiet enough

Heading out of Gatwick at 6.15 tomorrow morn to Malaga. I’m sure I won’t be the only one on that flight. I expect due to the time it probably won’t be that busy, but will bump/post if there’s any issues.

Edinburgh was OK security wise, this for a 6:45 flight, kinda your luck what queue ended up in. It was really busy. Fast track didn't look it was moving any faster either.

There were loads of trays pulled for extra searches, glad I was travelling light.

Burger king was rubbish for breakfast.

Heading to Glasgow Airport in 3 hours.
Anyone there already. Is it easy enough to get a table in any of the bars or is it mega busy?

Heading out of Gatwick at 6.15 tomorrow morn to Malaga. I’m sure I won’t be the only one on that flight. I expect due to the time it probably won’t be that busy, but will bump/post if there’s any issues.

I`m Manchester (11.40) to Heathrow tomorrow (12.50) then have to get to Gatwick for 16.35 to Faro.

On b@stard pins...Waiting to hear back from a motorbike taxi.

Folk saying I'll be fine...But?

Anyone able to give updates on leeds? Flying out at 8.15pm due to arrive around 5.30om according to satnav.

Back