AJ is right on new manager

colinglasgow

AJ is spot on in his opinion that we need a statement manager who can replicate Rodgers. Like it or not he has improved average looking players and just added a few quality additions( Sinclair and Dembelle) initially. Spending big on the right manager instead of brining in someone unproven and giving him big money to spend must be the way forward.

He didn't say we need a statement manager, did he? Just that a new manager could get more out of our current squad

He didn't say we need a statement manager, did he? Just that a new manager could get more out of our current squad

Yes he did, which leads me to believe (or hope) that the next man in charge will be expected to improve the current squad's results before more money is handed over.

Pulling out all the stops and paying top dollar for a quality manager should be what we're looking at now. The rest will fall into place with the right man at the helm. No more experiments.

Having wrote that it's all very well, but I can't think of who fits that bill.

Last edited:
Yes he did, which leads me to believe (or hope) that the next man in charge will be expected to improve the current squad's results before more money is handed over.

So that's a problem ?!

Why would you bring in a guy who wouldn't have our squad crushing all bar Team Reptile in their stride ? Caixhinia brought in some very good players yet he had half of them stall and was fighting with the rest. We can be so much better.

A good manager, the right choice, if he had the same outlay again, could have us winning this league.

To be honest, I hope our former Chairman has a few decent candidates in line.

It has been send many times over the last 24 hours, and it is imperative we go for a tested manager who knows Rangers and the Scottish game. No gambling this time.

AJ is right. We should be doing better with this squad of players.

we have a stronger squad now than last season.

Sure some of the performances have been awful but it’s amazing what a good manager can do: get us organised as a defensive unit, make sure players are clear about their job, playing as a team, & motivated.

The scenario you describe applies to a club struggling financially. A club with no options. That's not Rangers.
The new manager, whoever that is, will say what he needs to be successful, there might be a bit of negotiation around his needs, we might even be able to exceed them. What absolutely won't happen is the new manager being told he must win games before being given a budget.

AJ is spot on in his opinion that we need a statement manager who can replicate Rodgers. Like it or not he has improved average looking players and just added a few quality additions( Sinclair and Dembelle) initially. Spending big on the right manager instead of brining in someone unproven and giving him big money to spend must be the way forward.

100%. Hence I want Frank DB

It has been send many times over the last 24 hours, and it is imperative we go for a tested manager who knows Rangers and the Scottish game. No gambling this time.
I'm not sure this is necessary. A good football manager is just that. He doesn't need to have previous knowledge of Scotland, he can research what he needs to know. I don't even think he has to be British. It's pretty rare these days for any decent European side to lose against a Scottish one. These teams wiping the floor with our guys are not managed by Brits.

Pulling out the stops and paying top dollar for a quality manage should be what we're looking at now. The rest will fall into place with the right man at the helm. No more experiments.

I think you're right with getting a recognised name in. This must be the right people to take us forward for, and it's my opinion, the next 3 to 4 years. This chopping and changing does us no favours.
How about GVB as manager. He could bring his no2, but I'd also want JJ kept and Neil McCann brought into the fold.
Let's make a big statement and show this is fuucking business time.

I just want a manager who can get us second place this season with a view to challenging next season

Look at the improvement of Armstrong as one example he looked very average and couldn't get in the starting 11, now he's being touted as player of the year and in the Scotland squad. We need a manager who is going to come in and have hat kind of impact as we have some very good players who at present are underperforming.

I'd prefer a British manager. But knowing the Scottish game doesn't have to be a prerequisite. The tranny shagger didn't also advocat didn't although he had bags of cash to spend. What's to know about the Scottish game apart from its technically shite. Its full of hammer throwers midfield will get bypassed regularly and. The opposition will kick %^*& out of you. Its hardly la liga or the likes.

Pulling out the stops and paying top dollar for a quality manage should be what we're looking at now. The rest will fall into place with the right man at the helm. No more experiments.

Right now I think the picture is very confusing and we can only guess who the board will pick but they have to make sure they get it right this time!:cool:

W.A.T.P.

Back