Ajax’s Ryan Babel mimics and mocks Getafe player “injury”

Like when Jimmy Bullard dived right next to the player who was on the deck to show what he thought of his simulation.

Probably a wee bit frustrated with the play acting from Getafe. After the first goal, their striker was hit on the ribs with a lighter thrown by the Ajax fans and he went down like he’d been stabbed. Not condoning the lighter throwing, but it was way OTT.

Probably a wee bit frustrated with the play acting from Getafe. After the first goal, their striker was hit on the ribs with a lighter thrown by the Ajax fans and he went down like he’d been stabbed. Not condoning the lighter throwing, but it was way OTT.

Getafe are genuinely disgusting to watch, it's horrific the way they go about the game.

The ball was in play against Ajax for 42 minutes of the 90 due to the diving and play acting.

Getafe are genuinely disgusting to watch, it's horrific the way they go about the game.

The ball was in play against Ajax for 42 minutes of the 90 due to the diving and play acting.

Thankfully I never watched the whole game so never knew this. Only seen it on the live goals show on BT Sport.

The authorities need to do something about incidents like this, ultimately it’ll drive spectators away from the game which will impact their advertising rights value.

Reactions: KL2
I remember Pieter Huistra doing something similar, a full superman in front of the ref.

He's quite right to do that and embarrass the cheating bassa.Diving and simulation are the worst things in football. I would rather an opponent raked their studs down my calf than dive and cheat.

It’s a funny clip. Babel has every right to rip the guy. Ridiculous play acting and it looks like the ref went for it.

I really hope Morelos stops doing it. He’s no even very good at it, but I have to say he’s better than that Getafe player. :))

Brilliant from Babel:))

Getafe’ style since that manager has come in over the last year has been brutal but seems to be working for them.

They are like a more brutal version of Atleti of a few years ago, not on technical ability right enough but will do anything to get a result.

If a Rangers player did that it's a straight red and slaughtered in the mhedia for bringing the game into disrepute, if,however, a mentally challenged did it ,no card and the mhedia fawning over him saying this simulation must be stamped out:rolleyes:

Really don't know how to take this form of time-wasting out of the game other than changing the time-keeping to sixty or seventy minutes ball-in-play. The other thing that could be done is use stats to fine the offending club.

TLB's padded jacket took a direct hit from a 2p coin and he collapsed on the ground. Not one journalist criticised him or called him out for his ridiculous play acting.

Parhaps someone could post a clip to give us all a reminder of how pathetic this clown is and how the press is full of cowards and biased scumbags.

Really don't know how to take this form of time-wasting out of the game other than changing the time-keeping to sixty or seventy minutes ball-in-play. The other thing that could be done is use stats to fine the offending club.
A start would be to get back to making them go off the pitch for treatment.

Like when Jimmy Bullard dived right next to the player who was on the deck to show what he thought of his simulation.
ResponsibleVariableFlounder-size_restricted.gif

Aye but they're professional footballers, they would never try to injure a fellow professional or try and get him booked, far less sent off.

Copyright BBC Scotland Sport

Back