Ajax Want Season Null and Void

If a team is so far ahead that they can't be caught or have 2 or more to play to win it then i understand why giving them the title. But here we have a game in hand and we have to play them twice and anything can happen.

IMHO Liverpool should be champions of England due to the fact they are so far ahead but it should have an asterisk next to it to point out the reason for being awarded.

But at least Liverpool can handle the situation with a bit of dignity and class that can't be said for a certain team in our country who we will always be ashamed to have to be burdened with.

Fact is no other teams fans in England will let them forget they never actually won it.

They're not saying to declare it null and void, they say they want it stopped.

Some other clubs have said the same as well.
This!
Not sure what they mean by wanting it finished - is this null and void or standings to determine title ,relegation ,Europe placing etc?

Fact is no other teams fans in England will let them forget they never actually won it.
Yeah that's why i said put the asterisk next to it.

Let's be honest tho they basically have won it that's too big a lead to blow would feel for them not to be awarded it.

This!
Not sure what they mean by wanting it finished - is this null and void or standings to determine title ,relegation ,Europe placing etc?

I think they want it finished now and standings as they are to determine who gets the league and European spots.

PSV and AZ have joined ranks with Ajax asking for the league to be cancelled so I doubt the KNVB can go any other way now and it will be null and void.

PSV and AZ have joined ranks with Ajax asking for the league to be cancelled so I doubt the KNVB can go any other way now and it will be null and void.

If you read the Twitter thread it seems that there is a groundswell to terminate the season, however, the account relaying the story makes it clear that no decision has been taken yet on what that means re. champions or relegation.

Overmars on Dutch sports show tonight basically saying that football is not important at this time, he was speaking in regard to Dutch PMs comments that this crisis is similar to WW2 times.

"The Eredivisie is dead, the life is out of it, there's no more fun: call it what you want. Prime Minister Mark Rutte did not say for nothing that this is the biggest crisis since the Second World War," were his words.

Basically players etc. are not concerned with the league, training is not going on and wont resume until they got the ok from Dutch health with a 100% guarantee that it will be safe.

Everyone is just focused on staying healthy, their families and the community.

So they’re on top!
Have AZ conceded?

Sounds like it, they're joining Ajax and PSV in asking for the season to be stopped. I assume they're happy with where they are ?

Are you both for real?

You think that AZ agree with making Ajax champions when they're level on points.

Some posters on here are tag-teaming and painting an entirely false position - why, I wonder. Hmmmmm.

Are you both for real?

You think that AZ agree with making Ajax champions when they're level on points.

Some posters on here are tag-teaming and painting an entirely false position - why, I wonder. Hmmmmm.
TAG-teaming! Give me a break!
This is important as after Belgium we are on shaky ground re null and void.
We need to know what the Dutch mean by " cancelled" "stopped" "draw a line under" etc.
If it is null and void this will bolster our situation immensely!

TAG-teaming! Give me a break!
This is important as after Belgium we are on shaky ground re null and void.
We need to know what the Dutch mean by " cancelled" "stopped" "draw a line under" etc.
If it is null and void this will bolster our situation immensely!
The Belgium league is not comparible to most other leagues, it involves play offs etc.

The Dutch articles state clearly that a line must be drawn through this season - not a line under - a line through. In Dutch speak that is Null and void.

Does stopped mean voided or Ajax wanting to be champions??

They're not calling to get the title like a certain other club out there but they want it stopped with the current standings.

You are wrong.

They ARE saying null and void. They are correct as well.

I think you'll find I'm right. I know what Overmars said, there's no debate. They want the season stopped with the current standings. You're focusing on a title in an article while it's much more nuanced. Let's take this one for example:

Ajax baalt van het voornemen van de KNVB om het Eredivisie-seizoen gewoon uit te spelen. De koploper van de Eredivisie had graag gezien dat er een streep door het restant van het voetbaljaar was gegaan, nu het er niet naar uitziet dat de zorgen om het coronavirus snel voorbij zullen zijn.

Translated that means:

Ajax is disappointed with the intention of the KNVB to simply finish the Eredivisie season. The leader of the Eredivisie would have liked to see a line through the remainder of the football year, now that it does not look like the concerns about the corona virus will soon be over.

It's not my problem that this goes against the null and void narrative on here, but it's a simple fact that AZ have joined Ajax and PSV in asking to stop the season. Nowhere do any of these clubs call for it to be voided.
There is also talk that the season will not see a champion crowned and that all that happens is certain clubs get European spots who are in those league positions as it stands. There's a meeting on Tuesday I believe with the Dutch FA to see what options they have.

Last edited:
They're not calling to get the title like a certain other club out there but they want it stopped with the current standings.

I think you'll find I'm right. I know what Overmars said, there's no debate. They want the season stopped with the current standings. You're focusing on a title in an article while it's much more nuanced. Let's take this one for example:

Translated that means:

It's not my problem that this goes against the null and void narrative on here, but it's a simple fact that AZ have joined Ajax and PSV in asking to stop the season. Nowhere do any of these clubs call for it to be voided.
There is also talk that the season will not see a champion crowned and that all that happens is certain clubs get European spots who are in those league positions as it stands. There's a meeting on Tuesday I believe with the Dutch FA to see what options they have.
Are Az conceding? Hard to believe if level on points!
Maybe they get CL anyway.

When we where doing 9 in a row we were constantly told it was bad for Scottish football, the same people rounded on us and gloated on our demise yet at no point have they ever questioned Celtics dominance in this period which without doubt is bad for Scottish football. They also have no opinion either on the only Club in the World wanting to be made Champions of their League at this time when football doesn't really matter. What is UEFAs deal anyway are they scared if the leagues are all void there might be no CL next season if that's the case so be it, Celtic and UEFA really are from the same mould all about self interest.
Two nests of stinking scum both of whom should be closed down.

Good on Ajax - the more Clubs and FA’s that comes out and show UEFA up the better. Suspend football indefinitely and kill the talk of a restart until this blows over period.

Would think league
Overmars, with Ajax ahead albeit on goal difference, stated "The league is dead, life is more important."
Doesn't say null and void but clearly not interested in finishing the season or claiming a title that hasn't been won.
That's my take on it but it's conceivable that things may have been lost in translation.
is dead means null and void. Well that’s way I would take it.

Back