Ajer now up to £50m

You may be right, but I'm gauging my opinion on only seeing him against us and when they get pumped in Europe.
On that evidence he's bang average at best.
I totally agree.
Our much maligned defenders, to my mind, are every bit as good, if not better.
The evidence of Europe, against better teams and better players, is there for all to see.
Defending is not our problem.
Creating more and converting more is where we will get our success from.

Obviously £50m is an outrageous claim, however, they will now likely get a really decent fee for him just by having figures like that branded about.
Works often for them and something we're definitely missing a trick with.

Riseth was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he was worth £30m and now no games played and 2 weeks later it's jumped up by and additional £20m, think he might have used the old Seville calculator for that one

Was it Boyata the Hartson was banding about for £50m too? He ended going for about 8 or something.

Ajer, annoyingly is a good defender who is young so they will make good money on him, just nowhere near that fee! Cant stand him though, the way he screams at the ref to try and cheat to get players carded etc does my head in.
Nah he left for free I think lol

Is it the covid 19 or do The One entity have dirt on prospective suitors

Arsenal was a bit iffy but then there was a speshul connection

Riseth was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he was worth £30m and now no games played and 2 weeks later it's jumped up by and additional £20m, think he might have used the old Seville calculator for that one

Exactly, they never conceded any goals in that two week period, so his value has gone up :))

tenor.gif

Riseth and Lawwell in the press conference

If he was our player you’d have Barry Ferguson in the Record saying he’s worth 3 million and Alex Rae doing the same on Clyde, their ex players are all on message and know how to play the game.

When their players are talked up it's because the media want them to get a great price. When our players are talked up it's because the media are trying to unsettle the player

Any auld shite to keep the orcs that can read happy. We have a potential £20m+ player so its obvious they have a £50m player

I always though Van Dijk was a great player for them and strolled it up here. It was pretty clear he would go on to bigger and better things but Ajer is bang average and I'm usually pretty confident going into an Old Firm game and see that he's playing. As soon as him or Jullien are up against a good striker they look extremely poor whether that be in Europe, against us (Alfie) or against Dykes at Livi.

The guys a donkey. Not seen anything to justify this, yet we've people on her wanting Alfie punted for as little as £8 million.

Its been said for years but we really need to stop devaluing our players.
Are you implying his name should be Tadger instead of Ajer ? :))

Was it Boyata the Hartson was banding about for £50m too? He ended going for about 8 or something.

Ajer, annoyingly is a good defender who is young so they will make good money on him, just nowhere near that fee! Cant stand him though, the way he screams at the ref to try and cheat to get players carded etc does my head in.

Yip, after one game in WC 2018, Hartson had Boyata as a £50m player. Boyata moved on a Bosman to Hertha Berlin in 2019, so Scum got feck all.

Well he's not worth 50m or anywhere near that. We know that.

But its obviousy a media campaign to get people talking about it to drive his price up. We see it season after season with them.

Hilarious, they must be seriously worried about their financial position given the way they seem to be desperately touting their players for sale.

Copenhagen ripped him at the other 2 apart when they were booted square in the nuts, sending them flying out the Europa league. 50M laughable , but they have a bloody habit of getting overpaid for their players.

You have to wonder what the lawyers that are representing victims of child abuse think of crap like this. I would imagine they will be rubbing their hands together and pushing the compensation figure higher and higher.

Ajer went to AC Milan in my Football Manager save for £42m after the first season.

Football Manager is notoriously ludicrous for their huge transfer fees, the Scottish media is now officially worse.

Not even 50 million pennies. . He is a shocker and in any other league would be sent off for his antics including screaming in the faces of refs.

Obviously £50m is an outrageous claim, however, they will now likely get a really decent fee for him just by having figures like that branded about.
Works often for them and something we're definitely missing a trick with.

Certainly worked well for their previous £50m man Boyata.

Oh wait, he had world renowned teams like *checks notes* Fulham chasing him for ~£7m and ended up going to Hertha for free. And even he was a more experienced player than Ajer is.

Ajer is a good player with scope to progress. He would probably get in our first XI, BUT the fact that that isn’t even a certainty, when our most expensive defender was £3.5m highlights the level of BS spouted when it comes to any one of their players. Sad thing is it works though. They know he’s not worth that but they aim high and if they even get a third of what they claim their players are worth they end up getting a great deal.

Terrified the dodgy league title gets taken away from them by the Courts.

Need another source of finance. More lying to get it.

Watch the media laying it on thick.

Unbelievable the amount of money they make from their players because of the media.

The annoying thing is if one of our ex players said 50mil for Alfredo or a 'crazy' fee to buy him they would then get 1 of their yes men discrediting that, the next again day. Ours wouldnt make it to print if we discredited 1 of their astronomical fees for a player.

I’ve asked this on numerous occasions and I’m yet to get a satisfactory answer; how does he media talking shite inflate the poets transfer fees?

Tierney for example - do we reckon Arsenal’s recruitment team read the red tops up here and just thought, aye fuuck it, the papers say he’s worth £25m lets open the wallet?

Not a go at you BTW.

Back