Ajer signs for Brentford.

We know it’s not a flat fee of 13.5 million.
The most likely structure is about 6 or 7 mill and addons for every year they stay in the prem during his contract

This is an interesting one.

We know that Brentford's moneyball approach to players means that they scout them extensively and place a huge amount of emphasis on statistics and data. The best example of which was signing Watkins for under 2 million and flogging him for over 30.

Someone in Brentford has spotting something that thinks he's good value for money to play in the most competitive league in Europe. It's easy to deride Brentford for this but when a club with cutting edge technology and huge success in their signing policy signing him just makes me feel that I'm missing something, particularly when I think about how horrendous a season he had.

While taking your point, I wouldnt describe him as piss poor. provides excellent width on the attack for arsenal but is also better now at cutting inside and linking play that way.

but you've made my point
your plus factors for him are attacking qualities, of which he is definitely a talent
but he cannot head, get beaten on dribbles a lot and positionally can be all at sea - which arent good attributes for a defender

The more they exaggerate the fee, the funnier it‘ll be when they only spend a fraction of it on replacing Ajer. Yet another position that will feature a majorly downgraded player

Brentford reporting undisclosed.

Sky reporting £13.5m

Scum reporting £18m
I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))

B
If there is one thing that mob do right it's selling players. Insane the amount of money they get in after negotiations, Even if it aint 13.5 million and pretty sure it will be a high figure and thats for a central defender who cannot head a ball ffs.
Brentford want his pace. Canny beat FF for the seethe when Ceptic sell a player.

I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))

That's absolutely not what will have happened.

If its undisclosed, it means its nowhere near the quoted figure of £13.5M.

That figure is likely the fee plus the totality of the add-ons. Likely pie in the sky stuff. What i will say though, is they ar worse without him. Look at the options they are left with at this point
but the concern is they clearly have a good eye for a centre half. They might end up taking doofy back on loan :D

Back