Ajer signs for Brentford.

Remember when they sold Ki to Swansea for £7.5m?
A week later Swansea signed a guy for £5m and announced him as their most expensive signing ever.
I don’t remember that actually, but that is hilarious. Not unexpected. But hilarious.

They’ve been pulling this shite for years. Not sure why so many get so upset when we say “I’m not buying that (undisclosed) fee”.

I’m hesitant to talk up one of their players too much but looking at Ajer in this season’s games is probably akin to judging Tav on the Warburton Premiership season really. Can you blame him for looking crap when he’s playing against a team as good as ours with team mates like Duffy, Taylor, Kenny et al? Under a decent manager and a decent system, he’ll look more like a decent player.

He’s got a good passing range and is a very progressive ball carrier plus has a lot of pace for recovery. The fact his runs and passes ultimately might come to nothing isn’t always on him and Brentford are probably more interested in the fact he’s making them than the end result. I won’t argue about there being defensive flaws in his game but for a team like Brentford, his ability on the ball is what makes him an appealing prospect.
What about his European performances and the fact Lyndon Dykes used to terrorise him ... lol

he wouldn’t be worth £10 million with 10 years left on his contract ffs

Do Celtic ever tell the truth on anything?

13 million isn't what Celtic got! That fee would be wages plus add ons.why are you pretending it's not?
So.. Do you know for definite they didn't get £13.5m?
There seems to be an awful lot of denial here. That amount isn't a lot for an EPL club to spend. It won't include wages etc as many are guessing at. Sky quoted as initial 13.5m.
We should accept this and quote this price as comparable when clubs come looking for our players.
I'm more concerned that everyone knows we buy, develop and sell but so far we haven't brought in any big fees.

There seems to be an awful lot of denial here. That amount isn't a lot for an EPL club to spend. It won't include wages etc as many are guessing at. Sky quoted as initial 13.5m.
We should accept this and quote this price as comparable when clubs come looking for our players.
I'm more concerned that everyone knows we buy, develop and sell but so far we haven't brought in any big fees.
Unless you know for a fact it was £13.5mil you cannot call it denial

They have a verifiable history of bs-ing fees

Hence people are dubious.

If someone repeatedly lies to you are not dubious of things they say to you?

sky always hype up the EPL so they can show its the most expensive league in the world

Yet again a "Perfect" piece of media manipulation

Can anyone find a direct verified comment from celtc ?

ALL the "chat" of sums involved are Paper generated - i have no doubt guided by the dark hand of the scum.

Second "multi million" deal with figures bandied about in the press, the once completed reported officially as "Un disclosed Fee"

Should be fun watching that clown getting tore a new one for a week or two,before the manager realises he's been sold a pup and drops him to the reserves.

Unless you know for a fact it was £13.5mil you cannot call it denial

They have a verifiable history of bs-ing fees

Hence people are dubious.

If someone repeatedly lies to you are not dubious of things they say to you?
I just don't see why they would need to consistenly lie about fees. Many on here scoffed at the Tierney fee but it was shown to be correct.
If they inflate the fee then that's the figure the taxman takes a cut off. If the agent is due 10% then hell surely quote the inflated fee. Likewise if the player is due a %age then he to will quote the higher fee. If a previous club is due a sell on %age of profit then, once again, any inflated fee comes into play.

I just don't see why they would need to consistenly lie about fees. Many on here scoffed at the Tierney fee but it was shown to be correct.
If they inflate the fee then that's the figure the taxman takes a cut off. If the agent is due 10% then hell surely quote the inflated fee. Likewise if the player is due a %age then he to will quote the higher fee. If a previous club is due a sell on %age of profit then, once again, any inflated fee comes into play.

They can quote any fee they want, however the taxman, agents and players will all be paid a % of one figure, the one in the contract. And we're never getting to see that figure, so Celtic can make up any number they want for the transfer fee.

I’ve often wondered if this is some sort of financial trickery by them. They clearly lied about season ticket and crowds, especially when we were in the lower leagues. I’ve often thought that Celtic might be some sort of money laundering vehicle for Desmond. Could they be doing it with their transfer fees as well.

They can quote any fee they want, however the taxman, agents and players will all be paid a % of one figure, the one in the contract. And we're never getting to see that figure, so Celtic can make up any number they want for the transfer fee.
I'm sure if any club released a fee that wasn't in the contract then money grabbing agents would let it be well publicised.

I’ve often wondered if this is some sort of financial trickery by them. They clearly lied about season ticket and crowds, especially when we were in the lower leagues. I’ve often thought that Celtic might be some sort of money laundering vehicle for Desmond. Could they be doing it with their transfer fees as well.

I don’t imagine that the figures that they quote on their annual report will be wrong, we’ll find out in 16 months.

4 months re Fripmong.

Barkas
£5.5mil?

Oh wait, he's not very good, sorry it was only £4.5mil?

Taylor
£3mil

Oh wait, he's not very good, sorry it was only £2mil

Thats just a couple off the top of my head where I know fees have been played up on signing, then down played after the fact when the players appears to not be very good.

They reported Frimpong to Leverkusen at £11.5mil. The guy with the inside scoop from Germany on Twitter reporting it was much less than that (the tweet from that guy has been shared on here repeatedly).

Reports of a £7mil bid for a Sporting player who days later went to a Portuguese rival for €4mil: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/ajer-signs-for-brentford.170961/page-3#post-9287985

The example given by Gazza about Ki being reported as a £7.5mil sale to Swansea who shortly after announce a £5mil buy as their record transfer.

Yep, its a real headscratcher why people dont take the "undisclosed" fees that are reported in the press at face value. o_Oo_Oo_O

If its undisclosed, it means its nowhere near the quoted figure of £13.5M.

That figure is likely the fee plus the totality of the add-ons. Likely pie in the sky stuff. What i will say though, is they ar worse without him. Look at the options they are left with at this point
You they have just signed is an upgrade ajer is genuinely pish and I’m gobsmacked they got any cash for him at all.
a younger rob keirnan

Nobody knows what they actually got for him so it's just a mix of fantasy, taking x% off to suit the agenda or guesswork.

If it turns out Brentford did pay the amount the media claim they paid then they got fleeced and deserve relegation if it pans out that way. The last quarter of the season showed Ajer up for what he is......horsesh*t.

"I just don't see why they would need to consistenly lie about fees"

Yet they do. And it is easily verifiable.

All this taxman and agent stuff is noise. Because we're not talking about official fees in the accounts etc. We are talking about the nonsense published by friendly journos. In fact everything in the remainder of your post after the first line isnt relevant to journos printing inflated or innacurate fees.

We are not talking about the actual fee the club gets. We are talking about the nonsense numbers bandied about in the press.

A 4 page thread discussing the what the filth made from a transfer, deary me.

Whilst I’m here I’m glad to see the back of the fanny. His posture really annoyed me, he ran about like he had a broom handle shoved up his arse.

I don't know anything for sure about the Filth, why would I?
However, for a club that was selling out regarding season tickets, they would often have a half-season offer to season ticket holders, it always seemed a bit strange.
However, no one in the press ever mentioned it.
Perhaps we have the same press in Scotland as the Yanks now have?
The lie of omission is the new truth.

If you know anything about Brentford, then it is a lot.

Ramwad or whatever he’s called on Stv news the other night quoted 20m then corrected it to 30m
Thought it was shite at the time

Sounds like a good gig mate. As a side note, it's easy to throw figures about with no proof :D
Exactly. Just be creative with what you say without lying and you're sorted.

lt's like when they come out with pish like their asking price is £40m, and that's then taken as the value. Aye, they can ask all they like, but I can tell you where they'll be told to go.

I don't know anything for sure about the Filth, why would I?
However, for a club that was selling out regarding season tickets, they would often have a half-season offer to season ticket holders, it always seemed a bit strange.
However, no one in the press ever mentioned it.
Perhaps we have the same press in Scotland as the Yanks now have?
The lie of omission is the new truth.
Worse than that was when the season ticket holders could bring 2 friends to a 60,000 seater stadium whilst claiming to have >50,000 ST holders.

I admit I rely on machines to do maths for me these days, but even for me something doesn’t add up there.B-)

we've done this many times before with their players

"no way is that what they paid for him"

van dyk was the same, we gave him pelters for his performances in europe

we do it often

a player is worth what a team is willing to pay

whether it be an up front payment with conditional extras,

And the only time we were known to be wrong was Tierney, so what’s your point?
my point is that we as a support always decry the supposed fees that celtic are paid for their outgoing players

It's not the fee they quote, it's the whole deal wages, add ons etc.

we've done this many times before with their players

"no way is that what they paid for him"

van dyk was the same, we gave him pelters for his performances in europe

we do it often

a player is worth what a team is willing to pay

whether it be an up front payment with conditional extras,
The tooth fairy is coming tonight m8 if you believe Celtic sold Ajer for £13 million

A player who was subjected to NO bids ever during his stint at Celtic and also while on loan at Kilmarnock 3 years ago where he found his level

To believe he somehow was worth this vast fee as his contract ran down is farcical and shows you the hold Celtic have over the media

At the very least I’d have expected the BBC tennis correspondent to have contacted the buying club to seek clarification like he did when the Chinese club bid for Morelos and he was forced to apologise

There’s spin and there’s Spin

Ps Celtic have just spent £10 million on a defender and a winger if you believe that then Jack Frost is coming on the back of the tooth fairy tonight despite it being roasting

my point is that we as a support always decry the supposed fees that celtic are paid for their outgoing players
Because they’ve proven time and again to have bs printed in the papers about their transfer dealings.

Its hardly surprising.

Not sure why it upsets Rangers fans so that Rangers fans point out Celtic have bs numbers routinely printed in the papers about their transfer dealings.

Remember when they sold Ki to Swansea for £7.5m?
A week later Swansea signed a guy for £5m and announced him as their most expensive signing ever.
Ki went to Swansea for £5.5M, i just checked and several websites report between £5M and £6M.
Hernandez then signed for £5.55M. A wee bit more but still a record signing.

Worse than that was when the season ticket holders could bring 2 friends to a 60,000 seater stadium whilst claiming to have >50,000 ST holders.

I admit I rely on machines to do maths for me these days, but even for me something doesn’t add up there.B-)
What is more amazing is that the press are even less able to do the math than you or I.

They don't even mention the obvious anomaly.

Yet again a "Perfect" piece of media manipulation

Can anyone find a direct verified comment from celtc ?

ALL the "chat" of sums involved are Paper generated - i have no doubt guided by the dark hand of the scum.

Second "multi million" deal with figures bandied about in the press, the once completed reported officially as "Un disclosed Fee"
I remember not so long ago on the BBC website on the Football Gossip section relating to ins and outs all the big money Celtc transfers were "undisclosed fee".

Because they’ve proven time and again to have bs printed in the papers about their transfer dealings.

Its hardly surprising.

Not sure why it upsets Rangers fans so that Rangers fans point out Celtic have bs numbers routinely printed in the papers about their transfer dealings.
from memory

Ki, Armstrong, Van Dyk, Wanyama, Mcgeady have went for a supposed amount of money

every supposed fee has been ripped apart on FF, as celtic propaganda or scottish media propaganda

every one

Back