Ajer signs for Brentford.

I'm not sure of the logic at play here if the Tims inflate selling prices surely that only puts them under pressure with their own support (who aren't happy) to spend more?

Yet again a "Perfect" piece of media manipulation

Can anyone find a direct verified comment from celtc ?

ALL the "chat" of sums involved are Paper generated - i have no doubt guided by the dark hand of the scum.

Second "multi million" deal with figures bandied about in the press, the once completed reported officially as "Un disclosed Fee"
For example ( from the BBC Shortbread website )

Celtic have signed Sweden centre-half Carl Starfelt from Rubin Kazan on a four-year contract.

The 26-year-old, who has three caps, moves to the Scottish Premiership club for a reported fee of £4m subject to international clearance.

I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))
Spot on. It’s so easy to manipulate numbers to fool the hard of thinking - of which there are many within the Tim ranks.

This is massive for me.

Sick of people saying he looks like me. Hopefully this dies down now.

Hadn't actually heard it for a couple of months, until a nurse came up to me two days ago and said it...pity it was a male nurse :rolleyes:

It's not the fee they quote, it's the whole deal wages, add ons etc.
I don't think they include these. Especially not wages. A 4 year contract on 40k per week gives over 8 million. Add ons are not guaranteed. I might be naive but need someone to explain what's to be gained by this. After all surely it is accountable?

Barkas
£5.5mil?

Oh wait, he's not very good, sorry it was only £4.5mil?

Taylor
£3mil

Oh wait, he's not very good, sorry it was only £2mil

Thats just a couple off the top of my head where I know fees have been played up on signing, then down played after the fact when the players appears to not be very good.

They reported Frimpong to Leverkusen at £11.5mil. The guy with the inside scoop from Germany on Twitter reporting it was much less than that (the tweet from that guy has been shared on here repeatedly).

Reports of a £7mil bid for a Sporting player who days later went to a Portuguese rival for €4mil: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/ajer-signs-for-brentford.170961/page-3#post-9287985

The example given by Gazza about Ki being reported as a £7.5mil sale to Swansea who shortly after announce a £5mil buy as their record transfer.

Yep, its a real headscratcher why people dont take the "undisclosed" fees that are reported in the press at face value. o_Oo_Oo_O
But to what end?

Another made up fee I would guess. The entire contract might be worth that as in transfer fee to Celtic and the players wages. If Brentford had paid £13.5m for Ajer they've firmly ripped themselves off. Which is fine for an English club I suppose with their money to burn on nothing.

However, the fact the fee is undisclosed I would suggest the media know %^*& all about the numbers and are taking it from some mad tim.

I'm not sure of the logic at play here if the Tims inflate selling prices surely that only puts them under pressure with their own support (who aren't happy) to spend more?

The scum will never be directly quoted re any inflated transfer figure.

I think McKay’s claim re s/t sales might end up being disprovable once their Annual Report is published

Nearly a supposed £45 million then taken in

Where’s the money ?

Why do Celtic still owe out £28 million in transfer fees as per their last accounts if these figures players were sold for are correct not forgetting Tierney and Dembele also which would take the figure to over £80 million received?

No wonder they’re buying unknown 19 year olds for £5 million .....

Another made up fee I would guess. The entire contract might be worth that as in transfer fee to Celtic and the players wages. If Brentford had paid £13.5m for Ajer they've firmly ripped themselves off. Which is fine for an English club I suppose with their money to burn on nothing.

However, the fact the fee is undisclosed I would suggest the media know %^*& all about the numbers and are taking it from some mad tim.

Crazy when you think that Brentford’s turnover was under £14m for their last published accounting period.

Spot on. It’s so easy to manipulate numbers to fool the hard of thinking - of which there are many within the Tim ranks.
So, using your logic... Alfie goes and signs a 4 year deal=£8m
I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))
So using your logic.
Alfie signs a 5 Yr deal somewhere =£10m wages.
He had 2 years left here @30k per week=£3m.
Helsinki due £1m.
Agent due £1m.
So anything quoted as under £15m means Rangers end up with zilch.

Regardless of what they got for that diddy it's obviously a helluva lot more than l expected them to get for him.

Don't know how they do it.
Infuriating.

Ajer for all that he is a big prick, he’s a good player, a regular for Norway and he’s transferred to the Premiership, why is it so hard to believe they got 13 mill for him? Brighton are punting a defender to Arsenal for 50 million, Leicester brought in 130 million for Harry Maguire and Ben Chilwell, Declan Rice is valued at 100 million, the list goes on.

13 million is not a lot of money down there.

I'll give you five reasons to not believe it.

1. He is in the last year of his contract and can sign for Brentford for buttons in January.
2. He is a shitebag.
3. He has downed tools and told the club and he wants out. Shocking attitude.
4. He played in a team who finished 25 points behind the champions in what the English consider a pub league.
5. He's shite.

No way they got £13m for him.

1. He is in the last year of his contract and can sign for Brentford for buttons in January.
2. He is a shitebag.
4. He played in a team who finished 25 points behind the champions in what the English consider a pub league.
5. He's shite.

Fee was £1.30 mate. B-D

The scum will never be directly quoted re any inflated transfer figure.

I think McKay’s claim re s/t sales might end up being disprovable once their Annual Report is published

It's still not logical though and I am more inclined clubs all of them keep this type of thing fluid and vary how it's leaked or spun to the press depending on the situation.

So for example say we decide to do a deal selling Morelos which might think is below the expectation of the support it might suit us for the fee to be reported a bit inflated or alternatively a team bursts the bank and it's good PR to make the actual fee known....takes the pressure off the club for selling.

I don't think Celtic have anything to gain on the Ajer thing-he wanted away-supporters will get that and in the current climate with a rebuild on the go it would be more sensible for them to talk down the fee.
The current main players at Celtic are not popular with the support.

And before anyone comes and says are you saying Celtic don't lie I'll bet them a tour of Japan on that one.

However if you see the debates on this it's fucking embarrassing as if punters are arguing that all their players are shite and worth fukk all. Oh and if he's worth that....Morelos, Tav or Goldson are worth x amount more. It really seems incredibly childish....

Gain on sale of player registrations V acquisition of player registrations

19/20 - £24.2m / £20.7m
18/19 - £17.7m / £6.2m
17/18 - £16.5m / £16.6m

It's still not logical though and I am more inclined clubs all of them keep this type of thing fluid and vary how it's leaked or spun to the press depending on the situation.

So for example say we decide to do a deal selling Morelos which might think is below the expectation of the support it might suit us for the fee to be reported a bit inflated or alternatively a team bursts the bank and it's good PR to make the actual fee known....takes the pressure off the club for selling.

I don't think Celtic have anything to gain on the Ajer thing-he wanted away-supporters will get that and in the current climate with a rebuild on the go it would be more sensible for them to talk down the fee.
The current main players at Celtic are not popular with the support.

And before anyone comes and says are you saying Celtic don't lie I'll bet them a tour of Japan on that one.

However if you see the debates on this it's fucking embarrassing as if punters are arguing that all their players are shite and worth fukk all. Oh and if he's worth that....Morelos, Tav or Goldson are worth x amount more. It really seems incredibly childish....

I’m in no doubt that they’re very good at getting top dollar for their players, it’s pribably kept them solventin the re ent past.

Posted earlier:

19/20 - £24.2m / £20.7m
18/19 - £17.7m / £6.2m
17/18 - £16.5m / £16.6m

Thing is we as Rangers fans never give any of their players credit for being good as we have blue tinted specs on but the rest of the football world sees them as higher value assets. Likewise we value our players at silly prices but the big bids never materialise.
Tbf, they've always underspent massively if you believe the reported fees. They bought eduard for 9 million quid (supposedly) off the back of wanyama, van dijk, dembele money and more. Supposedly 60 million spent plus, and they spend less than a sixth on one player.

2. He is a shitebag.
5. He's shite.

1.The last year of the contract means fúckall, if a club sign a player on a 5 year contract and develop him then they make a fortune back, that’s how Brentford look to operate.

2.dont disagree

3. not sure he downed tools, Edouard certainly did.

4. Why has a Premiership club bought him then?

So using your logic.
Helsinki due £1m.
Agent due £1m.
No. That’s your logic not mine. All I said was it’s easy to manipulate numbers to tell the story you want told. How Rangers report a sale, Alfie or anyone else, is up to them.

from memory

Ki, Armstrong, Van Dyk, Wanyama, Mcgeady have went for a supposed amount of money

every supposed fee has been ripped apart on FF, as celtic propaganda or scottish media propaganda

every one
And in each case you cite not once has FF been proven wrong.

What’s your point?

But to what end?
I’ve never claimed to know that

I’m just pointing out they routinely put false values out in the press. Which you denied.

And I guess with that moving of the goalpost in the quoted posts here that’s as close as we will get to you admitting you were wrong.

So using your logic.
Helsinki due £1m.
Agent due £1m.
You are really struggling to understand a basic concept.

What people are saying is that what is reported in the press is not the same as the fee received.

Everything else you are speculating about and going off on mad tangents about has nothing to do with it.

19/20 - £24.2m / £20.7m
18/19 - £17.7m / £6.2m
17/18 - £16.5m / £16.6m

See there’s another weird one.

When was Dembele reportedly sold for £20mil (minus a few hundred k maybe)?

Because the 19/20 figure we know is Tierney fee as reported to the stock exchange. Now the 2 years previous, none of the fees amount to 19.5-20mil. So if Dembele was sold for 19.7 in instalments then we should see in the 19/20accounts the Tierney fee plus a bit? This looks like evidence that the Dembele fee is also bs.

What am I missing there?

Only today I read Midtjylland say they are a sister club of Brentford , wtf are the London club doing paying fees like that I wonder

worth a read of the buying clubs perspective on Ajer . Undisclosed fee btw.

Premier League coin - plus their owner is a billionaire, so costs are all relative.

Remember, Ajer is only 23, so presumably Brentford are hoping to turn over a large profit on him in the future like Van Dijk, kind of thing.

A pal of mine is Brentford mad, so I’ve marked his card on their new Beckenbauer.

He’s not a bad player, if overrated, and hopefully he gets well and truly stung at the Bees.

Last edited:

So using your logic.
Helsinki due £1m.
Agent due £1m.
There's a difference between "a contract reported to be worth" and "transfer fee". It's all in the wording.

Premier League coin - plus their owner is a billionaire, so costs are all relative.

Remember, Ajer is only 23, so presumably Brentford are hoping to turn over a large profit on him in the future like Van Dijk, kind of thing.

A pal mine is Brentford mad, so I’ve marked his card on their new Beckenbauer

He’s not a bad player, if overrated, and hopefully he gets well and truly stung at the Bees.
Very true. It’s probably a risk worth taking. Half a dozen games, show some improvement and some muppets will by him for 3x what they paid for him. (What ever it is)

I’m in no doubt that they’re very good at getting top dollar for their players, it’s pribably kept them solventin the re ent past.

Posted earlier:

19/20 - £24.2m / £20.7m
18/19 - £17.7m / £6.2m
17/18 - £16.5m / £16.6m
Celtic letter to stock exchange "£25 mil" received for Tierney in a single payment:

So all of the at £24.2 in 2019/20 accounts is Tierney.

in 18/19 Celtic sold:
Sviatchenko for £1mil
Armstrong for £7mil
Dembele for £19.7mil

Or ~ £27.7mil. Yet Virgil Hits post demonstrates they receieved just £17.7mil or 10mil less than claimed.

Now, this may be structured you say?

But none of the money was received in the following years accounts?

But yeh, the values popularly bandied around by the press are 100% accurate and believable.

For those who get upset when we point out the numbers in the press are bs. Thats all we're saying. They have a history of massaging the numbers that is easily verifiable.

Thing is we as Rangers fans never give any of their players credit for being good as we have blue tinted specs on but the rest of the football world sees them as higher value assets. Likewise we value our players at silly prices but the big bids never materialise.
Very reasonable point.

Back