Ajer signs for Brentford.

If its truly 13million, brentford are the fools for paying that amount for a man with 1 year left. Sad thing is they will be celebrating this figure rather than the loss of their best player.

There must be so much talent about for half of that, even Cahill on a free would have been a quality signing and then signed Ajer on free next summer. hahaha

If Celtic have got £13.5m up front for that donkey it nearly eclipses getting £25m upfront for Tierney.
Tierney was a steal at that price now in this market.
Ajer is actually not a bad player, not as good as he thinks, but not as bad as we all make out on here.

A quite incredible fee. If you get an epl club bidding for a player then the money can be astonishing.

If its truly 13million, brentford are the fools for paying that amount for a man with 1 year left. Sad thing is they will be celebrating this figure rather than the loss of their best player.

There must be so much talent about for half of that, even Cahill on a free would have been a quality signing and then signed Ajer on free next summer. hahaha
It's being stated as a £13.5M deal, not fee. Massive difference between both.

Sky have also confirmed its a 5 year deal.

5 years at £25-30k a week will take up the majority of the deal. The rest will be the actual fee for the player so likely somewhere in the region of £6-7M unless add ons have been included in the £13.5M deal price quoted.

Actual fee they will receive could be anything from £5-8M depending on what the deal comprises although I think it's far more likely to be around the £6-7M mark.

5 years at £25-30k a week will take up the majority of the deal. The rest will be the actual fee for the player so likely somewhere in the region of £6-7M unless add ons have been included in the £13.5M deal price quoted.

Actual fee they will receive could be anything from £5-8M depending on what the deal comprises although I think it's far more likely to be around the £6-7M mark.
I don't know about how the media inflate these deals. Wages or not. Who knows.

Thanks to Virgil, I think, we know the Benzema deal wasn't 20mil, Armstrong wasn't 7mil.

The only deal in recent history that hasn't been horseshit is Tierney. Which is the only one with a statement released to the stock exchange.

This is easily verifiable through their accounts.

But still we'll get some who get very angry on here if you point out the fees quoted in the press are complete horseshit.

Whether thats down to Celtic leaking bs fees or the media making shit up, who knows.

I think the hold up was probably celtc wanting the fee up front. The thing is, agents and clubs will all know fees paid and how they’re structured etc.

This is all just to pull the wool over the eyes of their gullible fans. And they lap it up. They’ve been conditioned to care more about the balance sheet trophy than anything else. That’s why they’ve happily failed in Europe season after season while nobody cared what they done here.

We fcked their dream and they were going to make their board know all about it by boycotting and protesting. Their board ripped the piss right out of them with the pretence of Howe and put fences up to show how much they cared. A training video and a couple of stories in the media later and the gullibles have forgotten all about it. It’ll be the same again next season.

It won’t include wages, I’m not sure why people on FF continue to repeat this myth.

It will however include large clauses around survival for at least one season, European qualification and probably domestic and international appearances.

The amount of money this is reported as is 100% irrelevant. The ONLY important factor this summer will be the amount spent and how that amount is spent. They could tell the world they took £50 million for him and it will mean nothing if they spend nowt on shite.

It won’t include wages, I’m not sure why people on FF continue to repeat this myth.

It will however include large clauses around survival for at least one season, European qualification and probably domestic and international appearances.
The shettleston’s have done this for years

Do you really think they’ve just paid the guts of £10 million on an unknown Swedish defender and a 19 year old winger from Israel ?

Their wages are factored into the deals

The shettleston’s have done this for years

Do you really think they’ve just paid the guts of £10 million on an unknown Swedish defender and a 19 year old winger from Israel ?

Their wages are factored into the deals
Show me proof of this and I’ll believe you.

I have no doubt the fees quotes are the absolute maximum that can be paid pending on achievement numerous clauses, but wages aren’t included IMO.

It's FF so it's expected to not trust anything Celtic related. My take is its a (potential) £13.5 deal.it will involve a guaranteed up front payment, and addons like staying up, European qualification, caps etc.

Tierney was a steal at that price now in this market.
Ajer is actually not a bad player, not as good as he thinks, but not as bad as we all make out on here.
I saw quotes attributed to him on the STV news last night in which it was stated he owed a great deal to Brave John for developing him into the player he is now and how he can't thank him enough.

I'm bricking it that BJK is staying and will help develop all those young players being signed into a force to be reckoned with. :))

The fees will show up the accounts, they are probably legit and should be used as a base point when rangers sell players. I dunno why people moan about it as our players or theirs shouldnt be getting taken for cheap. FS they pay 50-70 million for guys like Harry McGuire.

The fees will show up the accounts, they are probably legit and should be used as a base point when rangers sell players. I dunno why people moan about it as our players or theirs shouldnt be getting taken for cheap. FS they pay 50-70 million for guys like Harry McGuire.
But the accounts show they are not legit

18-19 season had about 17 or 18mil in the accounts whilst the fees claimed were ~28mil across Dembele (27) Armstrong (7) Sviatchenko(1)

What is it you love about EBTs?

I think ajer is a good player but believe his best position would be a CDM role. Guys terrified on strikers and heading the ball to be a CB

But the accounts show they are not legit

18-19 season had about 17 or 18mil in the accounts whilst the fees claimed were ~28mil across Dembele (27) Armstrong (7) Sviatchenko(1)
If it’s getting paid in instalments surely it would not show in just one years accounts
So it’s likely that they did receive the fees quoted

This is an interesting one.

We know that Brentford's moneyball approach to players means that they scout them extensively and place a huge amount of emphasis on statistics and data. The best example of which was signing Watkins for under 2 million and flogging him for over 30.

Someone in Brentford has spotting something that thinks he's good value for money to play in the most competitive league in Europe. It's easy to deride Brentford for this but when a club with cutting edge technology and huge success in their signing policy signing him just makes me feel that I'm missing something, particularly when I think about how horrendous a season he had.
He seems to me like a guy that's good at carrying the ball out of defence to start an attack, a bit like Bougie was for us and going back further Koeman was for Barca. The last Old Firm game I was getting a bit frustrated as he seemed to waltz past our players as if they weren't there a few times. Actually thought he was Celtic's best attacking threat despite him being a centre half. Glad to see him leave them and genuinely curious to see how he does in the Premiership. Could see it going either way

They claimed they got £11mil for Frimpong when reports in Germany actually put the figure at £3.5mil.

We’ll find out when the accounts are released but I highly doubt they’ve got anywhere near £13mil for Ayer. That figure likely includes all sort of addons and his wages. They lie constantly about the fees they receive.
Lying bastards ever since I can first remember them. ( And that’s a fuckin long time ago)

If it’s getting paid in instalments surely it would not show in just one years accounts
So it’s likely that they did receive the fees quoted
Read my earlier post.

We know from the stock exchange they definitely got "25mil" for Tierney as one lump sum and we also know from the accounts covering the same period they got £24.something mil

Ergo, they then received nothing extra from the Dembele, Armstrong and Sviatchenko sales

Does that seem probable? Here's most the fee now, but you're not getting anything else for a minimum of 2 more seasons? (Beginning from the summer Dembele was sold, the coming season and the next season during which Tierney was sold, those accounts show no more of this money?) Doesn't seem realistic does it

Celtic letter to stock exchange "£25 mil" received for Tierney in a single payment:

So all of the at £24.2 in 2019/20 accounts is Tierney.

in 18/19 Celtic sold:
Sviatchenko for £1mil
Armstrong for £7mil
Dembele for £19.7mil

Or ~ £27.7mil. Yet Virgil Hits post demonstrates they receieved just £17.7mil or 10mil less than claimed.

Now, this may be structured you say?

But none of the money was received in the following years accounts?

But yeh, the values popularly bandied around by the press are 100% accurate and believable.

For those who get upset when we point out the numbers in the press are bs. Thats all we're saying. They have a history of massaging the numbers that is easily verifiable.
@bigbluenose check post #243

They're lying fcuks

@bigbluenose check post #243

They're lying fcuks

Let them lie. The only people they are kidding are themselves and their gullible fans including in the mhedia.

Sooner or later, the financial shit hits the fan. That they are downsizing is evident. They have signed a couple of wingers and they might be decent players. However, their goalie is still shite, their defence suspect, their midfield lightweight and their attack - assuming Edouard goes - lacks bite.

Celtic pissed away their huge financial advantage over us. They didn't really invest in their team and the players they did sign were flops. They are looking at two to three years of rebuild - more if their new manager struggles - and that will take investment. Whether that investment will be forthcoming remains to be seen.

side tracking the thread a bit ...

but i had arguments with Celtic fans when Rodgers left - that Leicester were a step down from Celtic - they are deluded.
When Rodgers left the rotten mhob were stunned and gutted. They really thought they were on a par, if not better than the English Premiership contenders.

The deluded fools. :))

Let them think they are selling for megabucks and recruiting future superstars.

It makes reality hit much harder when their new heroes don't live up to the hype and the walls cave in.

Let them lie. The only people they are kidding are themselves and their gullible fans including in the mhedia.

Sooner or later, the financial shit hits the fan. That they are downsizing is evident. They have signed a couple of wingers and they might be decent players. However, their goalie is still shite, their defence suspect, their midfield lightweight and their attack - assuming Edouard goes - lacks bite.

Celtic pissed away their huge financial advantage over us. They didn't really invest in their team and the players they did sign were flops. They are looking at two to three years of rebuild - more if their new manager struggles - and that will take investment. Whether that investment will be forthcoming remains to be seen.

This 100%. Tbf the Israeli boy on the wing looks handy, he was easily the best player on the park until Postanaegotaclue hooked him instead of Christie. I watched the game and no amount of Sutton and Stewart waxing lyrical about how great Christie was will convince me otherwise, he was shite. The Aussi pep brought the wrong man off.

Read my earlier post.

We know from the stock exchange they definitely got "25mil" for Tierney as one lump sum and we also know from the accounts covering the same period they got £24.something mil

Ergo, they then received nothing extra from the Dembele, Armstrong and Sviatchenko sales

Does that seem probable? Here's most the fee now, but you're not getting anything else for a minimum of 2 more seasons? (Beginning from the summer Dembele was sold, the coming season and the next season during which Tierney was sold, those accounts show no more of this money?) Doesn't seem realistic does it
You are right that the gain shows up immediately, and will include future installments that are unconditional (i.e. not based on something that may not happen, such as appearances, goals, avoiding relegation, sell-on etc). You are not quite right about one thing though - gain does not equal the transfer fee. It's the difference between the unconditional payments and the current carrying cost of the players registration. Sviatchenko was probably a loss. If Dembele was sold for £16m in unconditional fees but his carrying value at the time of the sale was £1m then thats a gain of £15m (these numbers are for illustration - I don't know the real numbers).

If the overall gain for 18/19 was £17.7, let's say the loss for Sviatchenko was £1.3m then it means the gains for Dembele and Armstrong would be £19m. Add in whatever was left on their amortized value (lets guess £2m for the pair) and you are looking at unconditional transfer fees of £21m. Maybe £16m for Dembele and £5m for Armstrong? Compared to the £19m and £7m fees quoted, the difference could quite easily be the contingent add-ons and/or agent fees and sign-on bonus that the buying club have to pay.

You are right that the gain shows up immediately, and will include future installments that are unconditional (i.e. not based on something that may not happen, such as appearances, goals, avoiding relegation, sell-on etc). You are not quite right about one thing though - gain does not equal the transfer fee. It's the difference between the unconditional payments and the current carrying cost of the players registration. Sviatchenko was probably a loss. If Dembele was sold for £16m in unconditional fees but his carrying value at the time of the sale was £1m then thats a gain of £15m (these numbers are for illustration - I don't know the real numbers).

If the overall gain for 18/19 was £17.7, let's say the loss for Sviatchenko was £1.3m then it means the gains for Dembele and Armstrong would be £19m. Add in whatever was left on their amortized value (lets guess £2m for the pair) and you are looking at unconditional transfer fees of £21m. Maybe £16m for Dembele and £5m for Armstrong? Compared to the £19m and £7m fees quoted, the difference could quite easily be the contingent add-ons and/or agent fees and sign-on bonus that the buying club have to pay.
Thanks for explaining that.

Never denied they got good fees, just not as much as they made out. So no 28mil total for the 3, no 20mil for Dembele. “Deals potentially worth…” plus a bit added on.

I can see EPL coaches allowing Ajer to stride out with the ball at Brentford, ambushing him and scoring plenty of goals from it.

They've invested more than us consistently and one season I think they spent more on a single player than our entire spend.
They invested badly last two seasons have been a train wreck for them.

The fees will show up the accounts, they are probably legit and should be used as a base point when rangers sell players. I dunno why people moan about it as our players or theirs shouldnt be getting taken for cheap. FS they pay 50-70 million for guys like Harry McGuire
Why do you love EBT'S?

Back