Alan Brazil calls for Celtic to compensate abuse victims and disagrees with separate entity claim

Still can't fathom how he can still support them. Suppose given he's lived most of his life in England and is away from it all

Call me an old cynic, but I see in the article he has just brought out his autobiography. Coincidence ???
A bit harsh mate, it must be so hard for him to relive this and write about it. I seriously doubt he would be doing that solely for financial gain. Every time Brazil read or hears about any abuse at celtc, it must all come back to life for him and must hurt to relive his own abuse in someone elses story. If anything the timing is supportive for those pursuing justice right now, and brings a reminder of just how long the abuse at celtc has been going on for, and the obvious continuation to cover up of a pedophile ring.

They've backed themselves into a corner. Man city and Chelsea showed them a way out. They didn't take it.
They had in their eyes no other choice, the crimes in both severity and numbers is so much worse at celtic than any other club.

I believe there campaign to run the sfa was to help minimise the damage and fallout when the day comes they pay for the crimes.

Their position is indefensible and Alan Brazil is probably in a better position than just about anyone else to recognise that.

I've done my fair bit of slagging of Brazil on here. Can't stand him at times on Talksport. But I try to take a step back and consider the horrors he has suffered. Fully support him in speaking out against that beast and hope all of the victims get justice.

You'll never see me slagging Brazil in here.

That man turns to the bottle every day for a reason. The fact he managed a successful football and media career is a credit to him.

so many lives have taken a different turn. All for the worse with memories of what these lads went through. They only wanted to play football. And to play for their club Celtic.

For Celtic to put these boys lives in the hands of vile scum like Torbett and to acknowledge and repeat is a scandal on itself. Justice for the victims. And the whytes and mcginns need to be put on trial for their parts.

100%

Some of the playground shite that has been posted (very frequently) on here is embarrassing.

Alky etc...

The dimwits should have a wee think about the guys past.
Sometimes threads get like a hollow vessel where noise bounces around and gets louder :confused:

Agree. Not a laughing matter. Good mate of mine growing up killed himself at 16 through being abused by his uncle. Tears people apart.

Brazils alcoholism seems to be a national laugh even by his employers but it’s fair to say being abused as a child will have played a massive part in it.
Totally agree mate,its very sad

I agree. He is a big Celtc supporter same as we are Rangers fans. I have no issue with that.

What I struggle with is remaining a Celtc fan knowing and having suffered at the hands of Torbett et al.

Baffling.
I think that shows what a strong hold they have mate. Brazil has been incredibly brave to call for justice. Pity he’s one of a very few from that rancid club.

“ Celtic did finally make some sort of apology in 2020, but the victims of the abuse deserve more than an apology, they deserve to be compensated.”

To the best of my knowledge, no victim has received an apology from Celtic Football Club.

Celtic also claim to have held their own internal investigation and, again, no victims were interviewed. How very strange.

The cover up is almost as bad as the abuse itself. The victims continue to suffer as Celtic and the SNP ignore their pleas for justice.

It's beyond sick.

AB has consistently mentioned this throughout his media career, I recall one piece where he said he seen beast Torbert(I'm sure the last time he had seen him)at a race day and seen red making a bee line to him though the crowds slowed his way allowing the monster to get away.

Its not new news

Must be very difficult for him as a born and bred mentally challenged to go through what he has, and speak up against his own club. Takes a brave fella. Sad that these folk need to demand action, when every right thinking person would take it as read. Grim.

Alan Brazil should be applauded for taking this stance. The horrendous abuse he and his teammates have suffered is unimaginable, Celtic need to support the victims, not ostracise them.

I think that shows what a strong hold they have mate. Brazil has been incredibly brave to call for justice. Pity he’s one of a very few from that rancid club.
I'm sure Brazil doesn't need Celtc's hush money as much as many others sadly do.

I live for the day the lid is lifted and as I follow BN94's post their day of reckoning hopefully is imminent.

It’s really sad that Celtic are not closing this issue. They have the power to do so one way or another.

There’s 2 things that still stick out here bar their lack of real apology

the sentencing is atrocious, such leniency after ruining lives doesn’t sit right & the fact that it’s STILL not been investigated properly

I am sure in Brazils first book he also talked about the time he seen Torbett at a race meeting, there was a lot of rage going on but i cant remember exactly what, anyone read it and remember?

So should he have left it out? The thing that has haunted him and shaped him as a man. The thing that he wakes up to every day.
Should he have left it out of his autobiography?
I'm saying this is not new news. Bringing it up again at this point is to help sell his book. Sounds like a few on here will be buying TBH.

I am sure in Brazils first book he also talked about the time he seen Torbett at a race meeting, there was a lot of rage going on but i cant remember exactly what, anyone read it and remember?
He chased him but lost him from what I remember. I think he said he was glad he never caught him as he wasn’t sure what he’d do.

I'm saying this is not new news. Bringing it up again at this point is to help sell his book. Sounds like a few on here will be buying TBH.

Jesus wept...you really have not got a clue. "Please buy my book. Although it is about my life as a footballer I have written about how i was abused as a child to hopefully shift a few more copies"

Really?

Back